Big John

Elliott Suspension Reinstated

Big John    576

5th Circuit rules against Elliott, per NFLN.

buddahj    213

Elliott is expected to appeal 

Big John    576
2 minutes ago, captain77 said:

Starting when?

Week 7 (after the bye) if he can't get this ruling reversed.

oG1KeNoBi    98

Wow... just in time for the playoffs if it's not reversed. 

So..... McFadden or Morris? Lmao

Rekroot    10

Who will take Zeke’s place.  Before season started it was Dmac.  Is it anyone’s guess now?

Wolverines Fan    137

Seriously, Alf or DMC?

Both?

Gourdeau    112

From my understanding, the ruling is only due to the fact that Zeke's lawyers jumped the gun and filed the original injunction too early, and the ruling is essentially saying the injunction should not have been granted due to that reason. My guess is he will win the next injunction, otherwise if he is suspended for 6 games, prior to his appeal regarding the initial suspension decision, there is no way for him to ever get those games back if they won the case. 

stevegrab    785

I can imagine many people's heads spinning as they try to decide whether to run off and add a Cowboy RB, and which one.

I dropped Morris last week to add Lat Murray, not sure I'll be rushing back to waivers to get Morris back.

Rekroot    10

I’m going to take my shot on Dmac.  Just a gut feeling but might be wrong. 

• Like 1

DMD    331

The Cowboys official depth chart says McFadden then Morris. Others say Morris then McFadden because Morris plays now, McFadden does not. I believe both will have a role. I also think that they did not use McFadden to save him from wear and tear in case this happened. I'd imagine both play and hot hand gets the bigger share.

Quite the cluster eff here. The "experts" seem to think that Alf will continue as the change of pace/spell back to DMac. That the staff liked his skill set in that role with either Zeke or Mac as #1. But the fact that McFadden has been inactive all year is crazy. To be continued..............

slinger    1

Looking on the MFL website.....Why doesn't McFadden have any stats this season? has he not played....at all?

Just now, slinger said:

Looking on the MFL website.....Why doesn't McFadden have any stats this season? has he not played....at all?

I think he has been a healthy inactive for every game so far.

CowboysDiehard    272
45 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

From my understanding, the ruling is only due to the fact that Zeke's lawyers jumped the gun and filed the original injunction too early, and the ruling is essentially saying the injunction should not have been granted due to that reason. My guess is he will win the next injunction, otherwise if he is suspended for 6 games, prior to his appeal regarding the initial suspension decision, there is no way for him to ever get those games back if they won the case. 

He won't win the case.  There is precedent, vis a vis Brady's appeal, to determine that the NFL can suspend a player for misconduct.  In this case, DV carries a six game suspension.  As a Cowboys fan (and Zeke owner in a keeper league), my preference is to let this BS suspension stand starting now.  The NFL will get it's way in the end anyway, Dallas cannot afford to miss him at all next season.  Let it stand, let the youngsters become men or fail on the defensive side of the ball, and then get an early pick in next year's draft.  The way the defense is playing currently, this team has no shot to make the playoffs even with Zeke on the field.  Much less win a playoff game.

Just my :2cents:, which, I know, isn't worth much to the blindered Cowboy homers around here.

Gourdeau    112

but what was it that allowed Brady to play all of 2015 Season and start his suspension in 2016? What's different in this case

CowboysDiehard    272
2 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

but what was it that allowed Brady to play all of 2015 Season and start his suspension in 2016? What's different in this case

There is now a precedent set by Brady's case. 

CowboysDiehard    272
2 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

Felix Jones!

Jerrah's best pick evah!

• Haha 1

CowboysDiehard    272

On the practical side of things, I've held McFadden all season to back up Zeke.  In my other money league, the Zeke owner has done the same.  I just went out in both and picked up Morris.  That Morris has been available for six weeks might help indicate what Zeke owners and their opponents think about this.  McFadden is the perceived handcuff at this point.

Edited by CowboysDiehard

Rekroot    10

for what it’s worth Cole Beasley would probably be a good add at this point too.  

• Like 1

BeeR    138

I think both sides should keep appealing and diff judges should keep alternating between being suspended and not being suspended.  :tup:

• Like 1

tylcook13    17

Just picked up McFadden, someone already had Morris benched 

stevegrab    785
49 minutes ago, Rekroot said:

for what it’s worth Cole Beasley would probably be a good add at this point too.

Just dropped him to cover my kicker on a bye.

Not sure any of these guys are really going to be worth much, at least not a lot more than a bunch of other average RBs splitting carries. McFadden was on a teams bench the first 2 weeks, nobody picked up Morris when I dropped him. Somebody in our league will bite... as I say that our owner who leads the league in roster moves every year adds Morris, dropping Rob Kelly (who I'm considering adding).

Edited by stevegrab

indyrckstar    9

I dropped Gallman for Morris.  I didn't want to make the move but with Giants missing 2 WRs to go with that poor oline, I figured this was a gamble I had to make