[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bad trade request?

Iplayfantasy

Some trade offers are ridiculous.  But what I find far more annoying are people who say that every trade offer they receive is lopsided when in reality it can be a very fair trade offer.  A lot of owners overvalue their own players and undervalue other owner's players.  I enjoy receiving trade offers no matter how ridiculous.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

Some trade offers are ridiculous.  But what I find far more annoying are people who say that every trade offer they receive is lopsided when in reality it can be a very fair trade offer.  A lot of owners overvalue their own players and undervalue other owner's players.  I enjoy receiving trade offers no matter how ridiculous.

THIS!!

2 hours ago, Tripleshot said:

My personal favorites are the bench fodder for a first or second draft round player. When you tell them no they throw in a third bench player as if a bigger pile of crap for your RB1 is a more fair offer.

Well, and this too!  :)

What drives me nuts is I've been in the same local league for 17 years now.  Pretty much the same core group of guys with the occasional noob.  This year we got a noob who is offering players like D'Onta Foreman and James Connor for Todd Gurley.  Two players who don't even start on his team (in whom is desperate for a RB) - in return for the best fantasy RB so far this year.  His reasoning is this guy has both Leveon Bell and Lamar Miller as his other two starting RB's.  "If one of those guys go down, you don't have to worry about finding a replacement, and you'll have a stud at that." 

I have Jordy Nelson, Dez, S Diggs & D Thomas as my core WR's (and flx).  I got offered Brandin Cooks for S Diggs and J Nelson.  "Who wouldn't want a stud WR on a team with the best NFL QB throwing to him?"  I replied with "Thanks, but I already have Jordy Nelson."   He's also told me that S Diggs is garbage and it the ultimate sell high candidate.  lol.  Told him to re-read his statement.  If doesn't get what's wrong, read it again.  Repeat until you get it. 

People like this don't get re-invited, or if they do - they're dubbed as a manager not to even consider as a trading partner.  We have a few others in this league who have that title after their name, but that's mainly cause any starting player on their team is instantly regarded as the best possible fantasy player at the position, and if you can convince one of these two guys to budge, you have to overpay two-fold to get one of them.  Not worth it - and every year at the draft they bitch that no one trades.  haha.  I've completed 4 trades in this league so far this year..