[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

PHI/CAR thread

BeeR

1 hour ago, michaelredd9 said:

The most carries a running back listed at 205 pounds or less had last year was Jerick McKinnon.  He had the 26th most carries with 159.  (Devonta Freeman is listed at 206 and had 227 carries)  It is rare for small running backs to get a heavy load.  

im not asking for 220 carries for mccaffrey....and yes his reception totals are good  and hes on a great pace...it would just be nice to see them using him as a weapon to get ahead instead of when hes playing from behind or in a 2 minute drill at the end of a half

Tomlinson weighed 221 at the combine.  10 pounds does make a difference.  215 is probably the lowest weight a running back can be without being considered small.  225 is probably ideal.

he played at 215 all I know of it... and I live in sd....

34 minutes ago, boltnlava said:

he played at 215 all I know of it... and I live in sd....

They can list whatever weight they want.  His combine weight is his only official weight.  Players do gain weight in the offseason with weight training and not being in game shape.  And the combine weight can be manipulated by drinking a bunch of water before weigh in.  They don't have them run the 40 yard dash immediately after weigh-in so there isn't any reason not to drink a bunch of water.  They'll just piss it away in an hour.  Leonard Fournette said drinking a bunch of water is the reason he weighed 240 at this year's combine.  Since 215 pounds is a slightly less than ideal weight for a running back, it would make sense that Tomlinson drank a bunch of water before weigh in which would account for the extra 6 pounds.  McCaffrey had a much larger incentive to raise his weight since he is way smaller.  A gallon of water weighs 8.34 pounds.  So McCaffrey weighed 202 pounds minus however much water he chugged.  With the way that McCaffrey ping pongs off of defenders when he gets hit, my guess is that he weighs 190 or 195 pounds.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Def. said:

:what:

When did 5'11" 205lbs become small for a RB?  He's essentially the same size as McCoy. 

Hard to say for sure, but I'd guess about 1995?

B)

Well I again regret starting Blount, but I can't fault the Eagle coaching staff, he got numerous chances to punch one in, but it might help if he opened his eyes and actually frigging LOOKED where he was running.

16 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

They can list whatever weight they want.  His combine weight is his only official weight.  Players do gain weight in the offseason with weight training and not being in game shape.  And the combine weight can be manipulated by drinking a bunch of water before weigh in.  They don't have them run the 40 yard dash immediately after weigh-in so there isn't any reason not to drink a bunch of water.  They'll just piss it away in an hour.  Leonard Fournette said drinking a bunch of water is the reason he weighed 240 at this year's combine.  Since 215 pounds is a slightly less than ideal weight for a running back, it would make sense that Tomlinson drank a bunch of water before weigh in which would account for the extra 6 pounds.  McCaffrey had a much larger incentive to raise his weight since he is way smaller.  A gallon of water weighs 8.34 pounds.  So McCaffrey weighed 202 pounds minus however much water he chugged.  With the way that McCaffrey ping pongs off of defenders when he gets hit, my guess is that he weighs 190 or 195 pounds.

I didn't know that ...lol  makes sense.

20 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

I'm not sure how much water he could possibly have drank?

It would be easy to drink a gallon.  202 pounds - 8.34 pounds = 193.66 pounds.  And he could be less than that now since most players lose weight during the preseason and season.

Have you ever tried to drink a gallon of water?  I have.  Good luck

On 10/14/2017 at 6:29 PM, Zooty said:

Have you ever tried to drink a gallon of water?  I have.  Good luck

On 10/16/2017 at 8:28 AM, NAUgrad said:

I always thought Milk was the bigger challenge.....

During the Bills/Redskins Super Bowl, several of my grad school classmates and I did the century club with beer (1oz shot per minute for 100 minutes).  Granted it was Schaefer or something similar.  I think we were told we finished...still not sure.  It did not end well.  Last drinking game of any kind I participated in...

1 hour ago, CowboysDiehard said:

During the Bills/Redskins Super Bowl, several of my grad school classmates and I did the century club with beer (1oz shot per minute for 100 minutes).  Granted it was Schaefer or something similar.  I think we were told we finished...still not sure.  It did not end well.  Last drinking game of any kind I participated in...

reminds me of tequila shooters....hello floor.

• Like 1