[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Julio Jones

ManchesterMatt

Hello, I hope everyone is well. I’m here today to talk about Julio Jones. Yes, I know this has probably been repeated a thousand times, but I have a few things on my mind.

Last year, the Falcons had the best season in their respective history. Matt Ryan was balling and Julio was putting up silly numbers. They should’ve won the SuperBowl, but we know how that ends.

I’m in a 12 man .5 PPR league, and had the 4th overall pick in the draft. I picked Julio Jones after David Johnson, Le’Veon Bell, and LeSean McCoy. Should’ve went with Antonio Brown, but what can I do?

Julio has cost me two matchups so far this season, and yet, someone offered me Crabtree and Kelce for him. I took a look at both Jones’ and Crabtree’s stats from last season, using our scoring system. JJ has played 20 games starting from last season, MC played 21. Julio averaged 14.18 points per game while Crabtree averages 12.84. That’s just a 1.34 point differential. With Cooper’s drops increasing and Matt Ryan playing badly, this doesn’t look like a bad deal. In fact, it looks like great value.

What I’m trying to say here after rambling on, Julio Jones is a brilliant wide receiver. He’s quick, strong, good hands, can toe drag, he makes other defenders cover him thus freeing up his other receivers, but when it comes down to the bare minimum, receptions, yards, and TD’s, Crabtree for example and Jones aren’t that different. If anyone has Julio, I think it’s time to trade him. Brown, Green, Evans, Hilton, Fitzgerald to name a few are all better fantasy football players. There are only wins and lessons, and I have learned from this mistake. Sorry Julio, I love you, but I’m not drafting you next year unless I really have to.   

I may entertain a trade, but still will wait to see how next week goes.

If they truly get him more in the game plan, then I will hold.  If not, I will gauge what  owners are willing to trade for him.

I chose Julio as my 5th choice. Johnson, Bell, and Brown were gone. It would've been Zeke, but I was worried about the suspension.

Either way, they are clearly missing Kyle Shanahan. He still has name value, but for now I'm going to ride it out.

The difference between MC and Julio has nothing to do with the averages. Has much more to do with the ceilings.  

I would say Julio is a home and matchup play at best until Ryan can show that he can continually perform. But when Ryan is on, Julio is the top WR I want.

If you are desperate for more consistency, I'd say it's not a bad deal.