[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Murray out?

XFlash

I really wish they would just give Henry the reigns so I don't have to keep him benched every week of the year and have him blow up on weeks like this where his performance would have won me the game :bash: We've seen what Murray can do, which is impressive by all means, but why not give Henry a shot and see what he can do?  He's shined every time, and you don't miss Murray when he's in there.

6 hours ago, kdko said:

Outside of the musing, for Murray owners I think this is going to start tilting towards at least a 50/50 split sooner rather than later.

I thought that was going to be the case earlier when Henry went off for a big game.

It might be game flow that is keeping Henry from taking over.

If both can be productive like Freeman/Coleman of last year would be great.  Maybe if Mariota can stay healthy.

Henry had 18 carries for 59 yards (3.3 ypc, same as Murray) before that long TD where the Colts sold out to force a 4th down and left nobody at the second level. I wouldn't exactly call those dominant numbers. That being said, I don't think we'll have any clear cut answers until after the Titans' week 8 bye. For now, both Murray and Henry are probably worth starting vs. Cleveland.

1 hour ago, MTSuper7 said:

Henry had 18 carries for 59 yards (3.3 ypc, same as Murray) before that long TD where the Colts sold out to force a 4th down and left nobody at the second level. I wouldn't exactly call those dominant numbers. That being said, I don't think we'll have any clear cut answers until after the Titans' week 8 bye. For now, both Murray and Henry are probably worth starting vs. Cleveland.

I love this game.  If you take away DeMarco Murray's run he's 67-238 on the year, with a 3.55 ypc.  If you take away Henry's he's 61-246 with a 4.03ypc :D 

I don't understand the take away the best run approach...you know they can do it who cares if its once or twice? ....pass on talent cuz they almost run the whole field once? In a season where 6 games have played? Murray wears them down and then henry comes in and wears them down more...luck of the draw ...for either.

9 minutes ago, boltnlava said:

I don't understand the take away the best run approach...you know they can do it who cares if its once or twice? ....pass on talent cuz they almost run the whole field once? In a season where 6 games have played? Murray wears them down and then henry comes in and wears them down more...luck of the draw ...for either.

I don't either, but I'm always a fan of jumping down the rabbit hole.

1 minute ago, boltnlava said:

Tongue in cheek or truth? 

Well, someone else threw out the 'if you take out his best run,' so I just did a lil' of the same.  Truth about not understanding the logic behind it.  I don't count big runs against RB's.

3 hours ago, kdko said:

I love this game.  If you take away DeMarco Murray's run he's 67-238 on the year, with a 3.55 ypc.  If you take away Henry's he's 61-246 with a 4.03ypc :D

I'm not a fan of that logic but it was explained b the poster that is a specific situation and I think it makes sense (went to bed before game was ove rand missed that play). If the defense isn't selling out to stop them maybe they don't get that far.  I've watched the play now on NFL.com and not sure if I completely buy the "that run doesn't count" angle.

Didn't we just go through this exact same scenario not that long ago? Everybody (including me) benched Murray and started Henry. Murray ends up playing and  goes off and Henry lays an egg . I am benching both in favor af CJ just to rid myself of the headache. 

Edited by heehawks

27 minutes ago, heehawks said:

Didn't we just go through this exact same scenario not that long ago? Everybody (including me) benched Murray and started Henry. Murray ends up playing and  goes off and Henry lays an egg . I am benching both in favor af CJ just to rid myself of the headache. 

For this to make sense you'd have to assume that Murray's hamstring has gotten better since that game.