[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Saints Defense for real?

chiefswarpath

Wtf, haha!

I think the defense is legit...at least for the time being.  I'm streaming D's right now and the hot Saints D vs Hundley sounds as good as it gets IMO.  There's some Hundley hype that exists out there, but i'm not buying it.  I'd rather bet against him and be wrong than to overthink it with his first start this week.

In my league they scored 2-2-9-9-28 (with a bye in week5), that one big week was aided greatly by 3TDs, they probably don't get 3 more DTDs all season. So 5 games with 7 picks, 16 sacks, and 2 fumbles.  They had one shutout, another game with under 15 points, the other 3 allowed about 30 or more.

Doesn't seem to me like a very good defense. they were picked up this week but that was predictable coming off a big week and facing a replacement QB. I'd say they're probably mid pack overall for the remainder of the season, not elite, and on the bottom edge of starting.

Might work well for streaming.

Umm, I will have to say NO. They have given up 29, 36,13, 0, 38 points in their 5 games. A good defense limits points and the teams that can score have done so at will on them. Can't count on fluke picks off the hands of linemen and their pass rush is not anything special as I see no war daddy on the DL. Their secondary is nothing special either. They are going to have to score points to win with Brees and I expect the defense to get worse as the year goes on and end up giving up 30 points a game.

The saints defense didn't really give up 38 points last week, the Lions scored at least 1 defensive TD.  The last 3 offensive TDs came with the Saints winning 45 - 10 late in the 3rd quarter so I doubt they were still giving 100% effort. 

I think they are a top 12 defense the rest of the way.  They seem to have been getting better since week 3.  They should have another good week against Hundley.

• Like 1