[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Marlon Mack

michaelredd9

Marlon Mack has looked good this year while Frank Gore has been a below average runner for a while.  Gore hasn't averaged better than 3.9 ypc since 2014.  The offense could use a spark from the run game.  Since Gore is excellent at pass protection, it is unlikely that Mack will win the starting job outright without an injury to Gore.  But the Colts probably don't care if Jacoby Brissett gets hurt like they would if Luck were at quarterback which minimizes the importance of Gore's pass protection.  And Gore is 34 years old so a season ending injury is not unlikely at all.  Up to this point, Gore has played 49% of snaps, Turbin has played 32% of snaps, and Mack has played 15% of snaps.  Robert Turbinator was put on IR this week.  It's not unrealistic to think that all of Turbin's snaps could immediately go to Mack creating a 50/50 timeshare in snaps where Mack gets more touches than Gore.

Edited by michaelredd9

One negative about Mack is that the Colts have a very difficult fantasy playoff schedule:

Week 14 @ Buffalo (8th fewest points given up to opposing running backs)

Week 15 vs Denver (1st fewest points given up to opposing running backs)

Week 16 @ Baltimore (22nd fewest points given up to opposing running backs)

Week 17 vs Houston (3rd fewest points given up to opposing running backs)

Edited by michaelredd9
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, straightouttacoughlin said:

Good ol' Reliable, Mr. Frank Gore. I love Gore, he has helped me with a couple fantasy leagues back in the day.

It's crazy that Gore hasn't missed a game since 2010.  He has had more than 200 carries in 11 straight seasons.  And this is a guy who had major surgeries on both knees and both shoulders by the time he was 22.  He must have had the same doctor as Steve Austin, the Six-Million Dollar Man.

Edited by michaelredd9
  • Haha 2

with Turbin out, do you think Mack can overtake RB1 in the coming weeks 8-13?

The playoff schedule you posted is very tough except week 16.

I do hope they allow Mack more touches to see if he is the future RB next year.

7 hours ago, XFlash said:

with Turbin out, do you think Mack can overtake RB1 in the coming weeks 8-13?

The playoff schedule you posted is very tough except week 16.

I do hope they allow Mack more touches to see if he is the future RB next year.

Mack played 48% of snaps and Gore played 32% of snaps on Sunday.  Gore and Mack both had 9 touches but Mack had 4 receptions and Gore wasn't targeted in the pass game.  Mack might have had a lot more touches if the Colts hadn't been playing from behind the whole game.

2 hours ago, BrockStaysHigh said:

Cohen could outsnap howard this week due to game script vs the saints

I'll probably switch the two out 20 times before kickoff and whichever I choose, will be wrong.

• Haha 2

On 10/21/2017 at 7:06 PM, straightouttacoughlin said:

Good ol' Reliable, Mr. Frank Gore. I love Gore, he has helped me with a couple fantasy leagues back in the day.

Those days are long gone.  Yeah he's reliable.....for about 40-50 yds a game.  Those idiots should be playing Mack all day long and see what they have.

He'll probably play just good enough and they'll win just enough games that drafting Barkley won't be a consideration.  :angry:

well, I got Mack off WW.

With TColeman hurt, I had to get someone with the rest of my RBs on bye.

I was going to go Lewis, but at least with IND and other items already stated, I'm hoping Mack has a decent showing this week and ROS.