[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Need to improve my team

Shaft

16 team, Non-ppr, but a lot of bonuses for yards and every 5 catches.

QB: Rivers

RB: Martin/Quiz, Ingram/Kamara, Miller/Foreman  (Yes, I have every RB cuffed)

WR: Julio Jones, Hopkins, Hurns, Mike Williams (lottery ticket)

TE: ASJ

For a 16 team league, I'm solid, but would like to improve my QB or WR situation. I tried packaging Rivers and Miller for Brees and the owner rejected it.

Any suggestions?

Rivers and Miller for Brees is a ridiculous overpay. Idk what that owner is thinking.

I would focus on your lack of a solid WR3 instead of your QB.

After the top 3-4 QBs, then they become more matchup dependent so I'd focus on getting a solid second QB that you can mix and match with Rivers based on matchup since it'll cost you a lot less. Perhaps you can try to buy low on Mariota, Carr, or Matt Ryan?

5 minutes ago, shnugen27 said:

Rivers and Miller for Brees is a ridiculous overpay. Idk what that owner is thinking.

I would focus on your lack of a solid WR3 instead of your QB.

After the top 3-4 QBs, then they become more matchup dependent so I'd focus on getting a solid second QB that you can mix and match with Rivers based on matchup since it'll cost you a lot less. Perhaps you can try to buy low on Mariota, Carr, or Matt Ryan?

We don't have to start 3 WRs, but yes, I've been shopping Miller and Foreman around for people like D. Thomas and B. Cooks.

7 minutes ago, Shaft said:

We don't have to start 3 WRs, but yes, I've been shopping Miller and Foreman around for people like D. Thomas and B. Cooks.

If that is the case, then why don't you focus on trading Miller and Foreman for depth? Use him to grab a top 20-25 RB and a top 20-25 WR that you can mix and match into the flex based on matchup?

4 minutes ago, straightouttacoughlin said:

Lol not starting 3 WR's, teams usually refer to WR1, WR2, WR3 as the pecking order in which they are typically utilized. 

From a fantasy perspective WR1 is ~top 12, WR2 13-24, WR3 25-36

LOL...dude, I understand FF language, I was just clarifying. And I would think  that Miller could land me a WR2, but I could be overvaluing.

23 minutes ago, Shaft said:

Yea sure 'clarifying', you said 'we dont start 3 WRS' ilmao. Glad i could clear that up for you.

I just traded miller away last week. I did a double trade,  (Ed Dickson and Miller) for (doug baldwin and joe mixon). 

I would try and look for like Dez bryant or  someone along those lines.

Edited by straightouttacoughlin

1 minute ago, straightouttacoughlin said:

Yea sure 'clarifying', you said 'we dont start 3 WRS' ilmao. Glad i could clear that up for you.

I just traded miller away last week. I did a double trade,  (Ed Dickson and Miller) for (doug baldwin and joe mixon). 

No, I said "we don't HAVE to" to start 3 WRs. With a name referencing Tom Coughlin I should expect a smart azz. LOL. Either way, I definitely need WR depth. I think someone like Baldwin is a fair target, especially since Miller would rarely start on my team.

18 minutes ago, straightouttacoughlin said:

Shaft may possibly have won more leagues than lettters in your ridiculous handle 

I’d target someone like Hogan for Miller, for whatever reason people are Turbin a blind eye to the fact that he gets all the like when they matter. Maybe even Jordy Nelson and a piece for Martin? I had Nelson offered to me for Pryor and Cooper 2 days ago so their may be a question mark on Nelson with Hundley under center. I’d play on that until Sunday 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, jamesplante11 said:

Shaft may possibly have won more leagues than lettters in your ridiculous handle 

I’d target someone like Hogan for Miller, for whatever reason people are Turbin a blind eye to the fact that he gets all the like when they matter. Maybe even Jordy Nelson and a piece for Martin? I had Nelson offered to me for Pryor and Cooper 2 days ago so their may be a question mark on Nelson with Hundley under center. I’d play on that until Sunday 

Yeah, Martin or Ingram would bring me a bigger return, play big or go home.

3 hours ago, jamesplante11 said:

Key words "may possibly'. Lol trying to make it personal by attacking my username?? jjajaja look at your username, jamesplante.. Literally means James plant 11 hahaha. . Why the 11? Are you the 11th person to think of that pre-pubescent name? Go figure its a browns fan that lacks imagination in creating a more meaningful username.

3 hours ago, Shaft said:

No, I said "we don't HAVE to" to start 3 WRs. With a name referencing Tom Coughlin I should expect a smart azz. LOL. Either way, I definitely need WR depth. I think someone like Baldwin is a fair target, especially since Miller would rarely start on my team.

Admit it, you love Coughlin as well.

I do hope that you got the information you needed, before I unintentionally derailed your thread. 

Edited by straightouttacoughlin
  • Like 1