[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Drop Mariota, Grab Funchess?

cmsport2

I already have Alex Smith and Kirk Cousins. I don't need 3 QBs, obviously, but was being indecisive. I've been told to trade away one of the better 2 and keep Mariota as the backup. However, I'm in a 8-man league and no one wants or needs Mariota or either of the other 2. Is it worth dropping him to pick up a speculative WR? I only have Sanu on my bench that's healthy - Sanders and Tate out or injured. Funchess is likely who I'd grab with his upcoming schedule.

Thoughts?

Funchess is ok for a stream week spot start but I don't know if he's going to be a regular roster dude.

The inconsistencies of Cam sort of makes him a guess, but he's an upside dude.. never over 100, and caught TD's in two consecutive games that's it... this week vs TB could be juicy for him though should you need him.   He also could take a hit when Olsen comes back.  Just my opinion.. can you grab him over Mariota probably, but it depends on who your other QB is.  

3 hours ago, Montana is da Man said:

I don't think you need 3 QBs, my question would be is there another WR or RB that's better than Funchess out there?

I've got Gordon, Hunt, and Martin as RBs with Miller on the bench, so I'm pretty good with RBs. Unfortunately, there aren't a ton of WRs on the wire I can try for that are worth it.

Best WRs available are Jordan Matthews, Sammy Watkins, Paul Richardson, Eric Decker, Torrey Smith, Jermaine Kearse, Devin Funchess, Jamison Crowder, Corey Davis, Cole Beasley, Marvin Jones Jr., Kenny Golladay, Robert Woods, Donte Moncrief, Ted Ginn Jr., Mohamed Sanu, and Cooper Kupp.

Since QBs seem to be dropping like flies this year, I could keep Mariota and drop Ty Montgomery. (Keep Mariota in case Smith or Cousins drop - or as trade fodder should someone else lose a starter.) I don't have a backup TE right now and Gronk is my starter. Might be better to drop Ty and pickup a backup TE?

The available TEs are ASJ, Cook, Doyle, Kroft, and Hooper.