[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

steelers fans/those who have watched alot of the steelers this year....Martavis

2 minutes ago, jamesplante11 said:

There are really two reasons I’m still going with this...well 3

1) A diehard Steelers fan gave you an amazing breakdown that included;

- Bryant is mostly on the field for run plays

-Pittsburgh targets Brown or Bell on 20-25 plays out of a possible 35 plays. In that statement he also says JuJu and Bryant will split those targets so there’s no real expectation past 5-6 targets per game

-Bryant’s attitude cost him his spot on the depth chart to JuJu 

-Rodgers coming back bumped him to 4th in line because Rodgers is taking snaps as the WR2

-Haley, who has been the Pitt OC since 2012, isn’t the most prolific OC to have, and the only thing he uses Bryant for is a fly route and a screen

You completely ignored the first two points to say “I knew I was right, they are using him wrong”

When the reality of it is that is exactly how they have used him his entire career. So why expect change now...Same OC, same QB, same supporting cast, same usage. The only thing new is he’s become a distraction and got demoted bc of it. 

2) Just because I’m a Browns fan doesn’t make me un-intelligent, nor does it mean I have zero knowledge when it comes to talking football. Your asking about a hate division rival, the Browns play twice a year. I’ve probably watched more Steelers games (with Bryant) than you. The “your a Browns fan what do you know” or “of course a Browns fan says that, they are used to losing” are redundant ideologies to have. If anything I become more invested in football because what the hell, we aren’t winning so might as well root for good football elsewhere. I will tell you this tho, I’m loyal to my team year in, year out regardless of win loss. 

3) Your a Patriots fan, I live in Maine, my entire family, friends, everyone, are Patriots fans and man do I love pissing you guys off about football. 

PS- It’s not always the Refs or Tom Brady’s fault. There’s an entire organization in NE, sometimes it’s Brady, sometimes it’s Patricia, sometimes it’s the defense. 

what part of my point was wrong?

i said the steelers are pigeonholing him and turning him into a two trick pony......thus not maximizing his potential....wasnt that what i said? wasnt that my point? 

did that guy not essentially confirm what i said to be true?

its "you're"...i can tell you are definitley from maine...lol

Just now, Gourdeau said:

I'd still hold onto Bryant if you have the room. I haven't read everything on here but some interesting points were brought up by  ESPN Steelers insider Jeremey Fowler.. Bryant has missed 20 games in 2 seasons prior to this year.. he's not close to 100 acclimated to the offense which is where I believe Tomlin is heading with the comments about Bryant being reminded by the staff that it's going to be a process getting him more involved. I don't make too much out of the demotion, this is a "keep your mouth shut" move, but come crunch time Bryant is going to be so important down the stretch vs New England and into the playoffs.. lets also not forget bell and his injury issues, hes on track for close to 450 , yes 450 touches...

"I don't make too much out of the demotion, this is a "keep your mouth shut" move, but come crunch time Bryant is going to be so important down the stretch vs New England and into the playoffs.. lets also not forget bell and his injury issues, hes on track for close to 450 , yes 450 touches..."

i agree.... and ya....he is going to be important down the stretch and into the playoffs...i firmly believe that and have said it here

1 minute ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

what part of my point was wrong?

i said the steelers are pigeonholing him and turning him into a two trick pony......thus not maximizing his potential....wasnt that what i said? wasnt that my point? 

did that guy not essentially confirm what i said to be true?

its "you're"...i can tell you are definitley from maine...lol

My point exactly....reading what you wanna read 

I’m out

3 minutes ago, jamesplante11 said:

No ones questioning your observations and I think everyone has been in agreement that they could use Bryant a little better, but the writings on the wall that history will most likely repeat itself. For Bryant’s sake I hope not, but the future outlook looks bleak 

fair enough...all good man...

like i said...everything is unprecedented till it happens for the first time

btw i have nothing against maine and people from there....just a little dig...i dated a girl from maine for 2.5 years and spent quite a bit of time up there.....no better place to be during the summer

• Like 1

Just now, jamesplante11 said:

My point exactly....reading what you wanna read 

I’m out

its not reading what i want to read man..i made a point/posed a question....and the guy confirmed it.....the other stuff wasnt really addressing or relevant to the point i was making......i never asked him about his snap count or what kind of plays they ran when he was on the field...i asked about the routes he was running when targeted didnt i? at least thats what i thought i asked

1 minute ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

fair enough...all good man...

like i said...everything is unprecedented till it happens for the first time

btw i have nothing against maine and people from there....just a little dig...i dated a girl from maine for 2.5 years and spent quite a bit of time up there.....no better place to be during the summer

I love it here, and I’m also an Engineer...so I skipped spelling and grammar

2 hours ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

"I don't make too much out of the demotion, this is a "keep your mouth shut" move, but come crunch time Bryant is going to be so important down the stretch vs New England and into the playoffs.. lets also not forget bell and his injury issues, hes on track for close to 450 , yes 450 touches..."

i agree.... and ya....he is going to be important down the stretch and into the playoffs...i firmly believe that and have said it here

Im holding untill week 10 ( after the bye) , if after week 10 hes not more involved, and i mean that in a scheme sense ( 3 wrs sets, red zone, used more than just a deep shot) because the reality is there just isn't any more targets to go around  

29 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

Im holding untill week 10 ( after the bye) , if after week 10 hes not more involved, and i mean that in a scheme sense ( 3 wrs sets, red zone, used more than just a deep shot) because the reality is there just isn't any more targets to go around  

yeah im def holding....but you are right....that will probably be my limit