[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

steelers fans/those who have watched alot of the steelers this year....Martavis

10 hours ago, jamesplante11 said:

We still don’t even have a Sonic

You're not missing anything. Last time I ate at one I think I got food poisoing, or just some bad corn dogs.

In N Out is OK we ate at one in LA area during a visit this year, my brothers from their rave about them and "had to have one". I still love me one of these (Romaburger at Mr. Hero a small chain in NE Ohio)

https://www.mrhero.com/our_menu_2017.php

45 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

You're not missing anything. Last time I ate at one I think I got food poisoing, or just some bad corn dogs.

In N Out is OK we ate at one in LA area during a visit this year, my brothers from their rave about them and "had to have one". I still love me one of these (Romaburger at Mr. Hero a small chain in NE Ohio)

https://www.mrhero.com/our_menu_2017.php

Interesting looking burger-sandwich hybrid thing, looks good.  And of course you can't beat the local spots!!  For a chain though, In N' Out is insanely cheap (like $4 for just a burger), and insanely good.

I've had my share of Romanburgers. Too greasy for me but good. Mr. Hero doesn't get the hype that In n Out does. But that hype is warranted and it's usually my first stop when in LA.

1 hour ago, loaf said:

I've had my share of Romanburgers. Too greasy for me but good. Mr. Hero doesn't get the hype that In n Out does. But that hype is warranted and it's usually my first stop when in LA.

Grilled lunch meat = more grease, I usually limit the vinger/oil dressing they put on, makes it sloppy.

In N Out I had a double-double meal, seems that ordering there is an art form for some.

My favorite chain for decent burger at good price, Steak N Shake, triple steakburger with fries for $4 (many other combos without drink too). I don't even think I can get a Big Mac or Whopper for much less.

3 minutes ago, boltnlava said:

Also 5 guys is pretty good.

5 guys pisses me off.  You have to buy the burger, separate from the fries, separate from the drink.  There's no damn meal deal!  I don't go for that reason alone.  

Just now, kdko said:

5 guys pisses me off.  You have to buy the burger, separate from the fries, separate from the drink.  There's no damn meal deal!  I don't go for that reason alone.  

that does not make the burger suck...I thought this was about good burgers ...not good deals. Totally different conversation. 

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

Grilled lunch meat = more grease, I usually limit the vinger/oil dressing they put on, makes it sloppy.

In N Out I had a double-double meal, seems that ordering there is an art form for some.

My favorite chain for decent burger at good price, Steak N Shake, triple steakburger with fries for $4 (many other combos without drink too). I don't even think I can get a Big Mac or Whopper for much less.

In and out has a lot that is off the menu...secret menu can be googled.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, boltnlava said:

that does not make the burger suck...I thought this was about good burgers ...not good deals. Totally different conversation. 

Who doesn't get fries with their burger?  And their burger just falls apart if we're going to critique just that!

Just now, kdko said:

Who doesn't get fries with their burger?  And their burger just falls apart if we're going to critique just that!

I get it not a fan...I love the quality and ask the buns to be treated lightly with whatnot. I have had bun breakage but not fully fall apart. I get what you are saying tho. Buying separately does not bother me. They give you almost half a bag of fries when you get them. 

i think we have some separate categories here.  in-n-out is fast food (that is rarely fast).  5 guys is more of a sit down and lower on that list (vs other sit downs).  burger for burger i think in-n-out is a little better, but over the past 5-10 years all ff burgers have gone down hill.  i prefer the toppings at 5 guys, but burgers aren't seasoned enough, and their fries too much.  in-n-out fries are fine when dining there, but if when i get them to go i have to order them well.  Been to smashburger... meh.

we like going to the Habit...  more variety, better food, and decent value for sit down.

The Habit

Edited by Bier Meister
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, jamesplante11 said:

Im curious as to how many people have come here thinking "Whoa, 95 replies about Martavis Bryant! All my questions will be answered in this thread." and are now googling secret in and out menus

Sorry man...U mad?

May be something with the different meats but In-N-Out in Cali just never did it for me as a midwesterner.  I had a great burger at 5 Guys once and I promptly forgot which toppings/seasonings I did and have never been able to repeat it.  Best burger I've had at these types of places is probably still Portillo's after all these years. 

Find myself at gastro pubs more and more if I want a tasty burger though.  Specially since beer makes a burger.  :brew:

10 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

i think we have some separate categories here.  in-n-out is fast food (that is rarely fast).  5 guys is more of a sit down and lower on that list (vs other sit downs).  burger for burger i think in-n-out is a little better, but over the past 5-10 years all ff burgers have gone down hill.  i prefer the toppings at 5 guys, but burgers aren't seasoned enough, and their fries too much.  in-n-out fries are fine when dining there, but if when i get them to go i have to order them well.  Been to smashburger... meh.

we like going to the Habit...  more variety, better food, and decent value for sit down.

The Habit

Never been ...gonna make an effort to go ...SDSU in the late summer/fall? Yes please.