[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is it safe to drop backup Cowboys RBs yet?

NYpkBLUE22

I have McFadden sitting on my bench like that mysterious old lady who peaks out from behind the curtains when people walk past. It's just not a comfortable experience.

Do I need to hold onto this situation any longer? Are there any Cowboy homers or people in general who have a good idea of this situation?

1 minute ago, loaf said:

I hear ya, I may have to drop DMC to pick up a WR to cover a bye...bad free agent management has left me with 3 WRs with byes this week.

I'm there with you. I lost key players to injuries, just hit 5-2 and have almost nobody to play due to byes. I could really use the bench spot 

18 minutes ago, NYpkBLUE22 said:

I'm there with you. I lost key players to injuries, just hit 5-2 and have almost nobody to play due to byes. I could really use the bench spot

Then cut DMC, that's the logical thing. I chased this fools gold a bit, then last week decided to be done with it and let others try to catch lightning in a bottle. Hard to say who takes over, or if Zeke is ever going to serve the suspension.

1 hour ago, NYpkBLUE22 said:

I like holding DMC till next week but not if it negatively affects your team this week because you have no options.

This is the best info I have. Posted in another thread but for convenience i will post it again here.

Well from what I am hearing Zeke will probably win the case and play at will. The case boils down to this. The NFLPA is stating that the NFL is overstepping it's authority and ABILITY to adjudicate. The NFL thinks it's is judge jury and executioner, and in most cases it is when it comes to on field, off field drug issues and other leagues issues. However, once they step into the investigation of events that are under the jurisdiction of the relevant authorities they, the NFL is out of their league and do not have the expertise, the legal authority or the investigative prowess that the fed, state and local legal system has. Therefore, I believe from what I read, the courts are going to tell the NFL to stay in their jurisdiction or stay out of the legal system and let us do our jobs. Legally a person has the right to face their accuser which is a slippery slope in itself for the victims but that is the legal system. The NFL is saying regardless of what the victim does we have the right to adjudicate based on what "WE BELIEVE" not what is proven in a court of law which is totally wrong and against our rights as a U.S. citizens. 

So IMO Zeke will play the rest of the year. We'll see but I betting on Zeke running until the wheels come off.

UPDATE: Oct 30th is the hearing to either grant the TRO extension and move towards a full hearing or request what is called an "En Banc" hearing which is a term used when a person requests a hearing in front of the entire appellate panel of judges within the jurisdiction. En Banc is a french term used during the inquisition for a hearing in front of the entire "Bench" or judges. The judge that can do one of two things, grant the injunction and move towards a full hearing on the case or deny the injunction and vacate the TRO which would reinstate the suspension. Zeke would then have two options, request the aforementioned En Banc hearing to get to a hearing or file an ex parte hearing (emergency hearing) for another TRO in another jurisdiction in order to force a full hearing on the case.

At this point it all comes down to Oct 30th. If he wins he plays if he doesn't we go through another round of finding a judge to grant another TRO in which this whole thing get rinsed and repeated. However, I am hearing his odds are pretty good to get to a full hearing because unlike other cases like Brady, this is about the NFL acting as law enforcement and overriding the U.S. judicial system. Moreover, they are overriding their own investigators recommendation to NOT discipline Zeke because she (the investigator) thought the alleged victim was not credible and is willing to state that in court against the NFL. In addition, the NFL is basically convicting Zeke of a crime that the U.S. judicial system chose not to even prosecute due to inconsistencies in the victims story, credibility and lack of evidence. Therefore anyone can convince the NFL of a crime regardless of what the authorities do the entire league is exposed to public humiliation and financial loss even if they didn't do anything and the legal system becomes irrelevant. The NFL is basically saying we (the NFL's kangaroo court) don't have to be fair or just, we simply have to follow our procedure. So to boil all of this down (I know too late) the court is deciding whether in fact they will allow the NFL to have Carte Blanche authority over it's players as in the CBA and rights to fairness or the U.S. rights of defendants ability to face their accusers is irrelevant, even void, once you become an NFL player. Very serious implications indeed.

Hope this helps but I'm sure it doesn't much.

Edited by Cowboyz1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Cowboyz1 said:

This is the best info I have. Posted in another thread but for convenience i will post it again here.

Well from what I am hearing Zeke will probably win the case and play at will. The case boils down to this. The NFLPA is stating that the NFL is overstepping it's authority and ABILITY to adjudicate. The NFL thinks it's is judge jury and executioner, and in most cases it is when it comes to on field, off field drug issues and other leagues issues. However, once they step into the investigation of events that are under the jurisdiction of the relevant authorities they, the NFL is out of their league and do not have the expertise, the legal authority or the investigative prowess that the fed, state and local legal system has. Therefore, I believe from what I read, the courts are going to tell the NFL to stay in their jurisdiction or stay out of the legal system and let us do our jobs. Legally a person has the right to face their accuser which is a slippery slope in itself for the victims but that is the legal system. The NFL is saying regardless of what the victim does we have the right to adjudicate based on what "WE BELIEVE" not what is proven in a court of law which is totally wrong and against our rights as a U.S. citizens. 

So IMO Zeke will play the rest of the year. We'll see but I betting on Zeke running until the wheels come off.

UPDATE: Oct 30th is the hearing to either grant the TRO extension and move towards a full hearing or request what is called an "En Banc" hearing which is a term used when a person requests a hearing in front of the entire appellate panel of judges within the jurisdiction. En Banc is a french term used during the inquisition for a hearing in front of the entire "Bench" or judges. The judge that can do one of two things, grant the injunction and move towards a full hearing on the case or deny the injunction and vacate the TRO which would reinstate the suspension. Zeke would then have two options, request the aforementioned En Banc hearing to get to a hearing or file an ex parte hearing (emergency hearing) for another TRO in another jurisdiction in order to force a full hearing on the case.

At this point it all comes down to Oct 30th. If he wins he plays if he doesn't we go through another round of finding a judge to grant another TRO in which this whole thing get rinsed and repeated. However, I am hearing his odds are pretty good to get to a full hearing because unlike other cases like Brady, this is about the NFL acting as law enforcement and overriding the U.S. judicial system. Moreover, they are overriding their own investigators recommendation to NOT discipline Zeke because she (the investigator) thought the alleged victim was not credible and is willing to state that in court against the NFL. In addition, the NFL is basically convicting Zeke of a crime that the U.S. judicial system chose not to even prosecute due to inconsistencies in the victims story, credibility and lack of evidence. Therefore if anyone can convince the NFL of a crime regardless of what the authorities do they entire league is exposed to public humiliation and financial loss even if they didn't do anything and the legal system become irrelevant. So to boil all of this down (I know too late) the court is deciding whether in fact they will allow the NFL to have Carte Blanche authority over it's players as in the CBA and rights to fairness or the U.S. rights of defendants ability to face their accusers is irrelevant, even void, once you become an NFL player. Very serious implications indeed.

Hope this helps but I'm sure it doesn't much.

Great info, any more inside info towards clairty on who is the RB2 

4 hours ago, Gourdeau said:

Great info, any more inside info towards clairty on who is the RB2 

See other posts by me in Zeke topics as well as The Huddle's News. Below is some info I posted in the other threads.

By the way, DMC is the starter if Zeke is suspended. He has been inactive just for that very possibility. They wanted him fresh because he's their best all around back. Smith, Morris and DMC will all have roles but DMC is the best blocker, pass protector and runner among the three. That's why they had him inactive all this time. IF Zeke is suspended then you will see DMC with the lions share with Smith and Morris in spot duty. The trust DMC in pass protection more then Morris and slightly more then Smith do to experience. But Smith is 6' 3" and 255 and packs a punch rooting out linebackers. So he will be the lead full back in power formations. Smith is not as good as DMC in pass protection which is a must in this offense since the line is really playing all that well yet. Smith and Morris could be TD vultures as Morris has a knack for short yardage where DMC lacks that power running style.

However, I am confident Zeke plays the rest of the year.

4 hours ago, LeonardPart6 said:

I've been holding onto Morris.  I think he's the guy over DMC, I'd drop McFadden.

I personally wouldn't use a roster spot on either one (both are still FA in my league with deep benches), but I'd go with DMC based on the good info by Cowboyz1.

The more I am hearing based on practices over the by week, the more I'm beginning to feel like IF Zeke is ultimately suspended this year, their backfield will look like NE where any one of 4 backs could be "The Guy" on any given Sunday. DMC may be the starter but Morris could break one and get the score, or Smith could be vulture around the goal line, or all three have 7-10 caries 30 to 50 yards and no scores as Dak runs the ball in while the rest of the points are passing TD's. Honestly, I own DMC but if Zeke is suspended I'm not so sure he will be featured the same way Zeke is.

Is it safe? you ask.

I can't tell you if it's safe unless I know exactly what you're talking about!

Zeke, is it safe?

Just tell me what "It" refers to.

Zeke, is it safe?

Ok, yes it's safe, so safe you wouldn't believe it.

Zeke, is it safe?

No it's not safe, it's dangerous be very careful.

You see Relief and comfort, which of these will next apply is up to the Judge. So take your time. 

It will be like this until Oct 30th, in the mean time, just relax and try not to allow a new nerve to be exposed.;)

Edited by Cowboyz1

35 minutes ago, Cowboyz1 said:

Is it safe? you ask.

I can't tell you if it's safe unless I know exactly what you're talking about!

Zeke, is it safe?

Just tell me what "It" refers to.

Zeke, is it safe?

Ok, yes it's safe, so safe you wouldn't believe it.

Zeke, is it safe?

No it's not safe, it's dangerous be very careful.

You see Relief and comfort, which of these will next apply is up to the Judge. So take your time. 

It will be like this until Oct 30th, in the mean time, just relax and try not to allow a new nerve to be exposed.;)

Marathon Man 2.jpg

• Haha 1

On 10/25/2017 at 6:23 PM, Cowboyz1 said:

However, I am confident Zeke plays the rest of the year.

I think that is just wishful thinking.  It's probably a 50/50 proposition at this point.  And since the merits of the case aren't at issue, the league established in the Tom Brady case that they can mete out justice how they see fit.  Zeke being in your hopes and prayers doesn't mean he'll win his case.

On 10/25/2017 at 6:23 PM, Cowboyz1 said:

DMC is the starter if Zeke is suspended. He has been inactive just for that very possibility. They wanted him fresh because he's their best all around back. Smith, Morris and DMC will all have roles but DMC is the best blocker, pass protector and runner among the three.

There is no way to know who is going to be the main ball carrier.  There are possibly only 3 or 4 people who know the answer to that question and they have not tipped their hand.  And maybe even Jerry, Stephen, and Jason don't know who will be the main ball carrier.  They will wait to see who does the best and adjust accordingly.  Alfred Morris is a better between the tackles runner than DMC.  Since the Cowboys have a great offensive line, it stands to reason that Alf will get more than half of the carries including goal line in order to highlight their offensive line.  Rod Smith is the wildcard since he is a power back who could prosper behind that offensive line.

I agree that they've probably had DMC on the shelf to keep him fresh for when he is truly needed.  But he is, at this point, a 30 year old running back who signed for the veteran minimum this past offseason because no other team wanted him.  He is the better receiver but that is probably the only place he is superior to Morris.  In 2013 season, PFF rated Alfred Morris as the 6th best pass protector in the NFL.  PFF rated McFadden dead last in pass protection in the NFL.  I wish I could find more recent stats but PFF doesn't publish those stats publicly any longer.  But I doubt that DMC suddenly became a good pass protector and Morris a bad pass protector.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

And since the merits of the case aren't at issue, the league established in the Tom Brady case that they can mete out justice how they see fit.  Zeke being in your hopes and prayers doesn't mean he'll win his case.

Huge difference , Brady's case was never a criminal investigation. In Zeke case you have a police investigation that has ruled no charges ( well aware that criminal law and labour law do not mirror) but you also have an investigation that appears to have been molded into the result desired by the nfl ( their own female investigator recommended no suspension) I believe the court will rule in his favor in this case, the precedent for Brady doesnt have to be used because the 2 cases are very different, Brady's investigation revealed "more likely than not" and there was lots of super shady stuff( missing phone, the deflator etc) in zekes case the evidence points in his favor so to speak ( extortion texts between alledged victim and friend. nfl investigator saying no suspension and that reccomendation being completely over looked just screams of collusion) Bradys case was 110% about the game of football and its integrity. An avenue in which the NFL has full jurisdiction. What The PA and Zekes lawyers are fighting is that the NFL has no jurisdiction entering an investigation involving criminal allegations and finding guilt after their own investigation and a police investigation revealed insufficient evidence, key THIER OWN SENIOR INVESTIGATOR.

I believe in fair process and I really think hes getting hosed big time.. Jarvis Landry, was investigated by police and nfl, both sides reccomend no charges and no suspension?? Why the difference here..

Cowboyz1 i believe has stated previously that The NFL investigator is going to testify if the hearing is granted, that will have major implications if the stories are true about her role and findings. No matter what the CBA says, in America, citizens have a right to earn a living, if that right is taken from them unfairly after 2 separate investigations conclude you should not be suspended , that is a human rights violation, and that is much bigger than any other binding contract. 

Edited by Gourdeau
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

What The PA and Zekes lawyers are fighting is that the NFL has no jurisdiction entering an investigation involving criminal allegations and finding guilt after their own investigation and a police investigation revealed insufficient evidence, key THIER OWN SENIOR INVESTIGATOR.

I believe in fair process and I really think hes getting hosed big time.. Jarvis Landry, was investigated by police and nfl, both sides reccomend no charges and no suspension?? Why the difference here..

Cowboyz1 i believe has stated previously that The NFL investigator is going to testify if the hearing is granted, that will have major implications if the stories are true about her role and findings. No matter what the CBA says, in America, citizens have a right to earn a living, if that right is taken from them unfairly after 2 separate investigations conclude you should not be suspended , that is a human rights violation, and that is much bigger than any other binding contract. 

The players gave Goodell the power to punish them according to how he saw fit regardless if the player was found guilty of a crime or not.  Judges don't disregard contracts easily.  Do you have a reputable source that says Zeke will win his case?  I do not consider Michael Irvin a reputable source.

• Like 1

Youre missing the point.. This isn't about the police finding him innocent or not chargeable and thus the NFL should follow suit based on that, this is about the fact that the NFL did it's own investigation and the reccomendation by their senior investigator was no suspension, It wasnt an independant ted wells type investogator that said" ya it looks like something happened here, more likely than not, there is evidence destroyed by the accused etc.. no the NFLs OWN investigator, a female at that, reccomended,  hey, this biatch is a not credible, she threatened to extort him for money, there is a ton of inconsistencies with her story, hes fully cooperated to date we shouldn't get involved here. Much like Jarvis Landrys case last week. 

I didn't say he would win, what I believe is he will.be granted a complete rehearing, allowing him to play this year. The judge who issued the ruling last week raised some very interesting points about the language of the CBA in that it left interpretation for where the leagues jurisdiction ends. There is 2.key reasons why i believe the hearing will be granted. First and foremost is the simple fact that the judge returning from vacation is the subordinate of the judge who granted the most recent restraining order. Its not simply the fact that shes the subordinate but more so the fact that the more experienced judge raised questions that need to be answered and validated the PA and Zekes arguments.. I do not believe a subordinate judge is going to come back and say " no my boss is wrong, I'm ignoring all her points,  you are suspended " . Secondly is the female investigator who noone has heard publicly from yet who allegedly would testify during a rehearing. I believe a court is going to want to hear from her and the only way to do so is to rehear the entire case.

I get the Players gave Goodell autonomy but there is a line that can be crossed, once an individual loses a basic human rights by way of unfair and unreasonable process, someone must step in the govern properly. I dont want to project like I know this for certain however i belive the CBA stated that the commissioner has the power as long as fair and reasonable practice was used. This scenario where an investigation resulted in a non suspension finding to me would constitute unfair. 

I'm struggling to find an analogy to compare it to, it'll come to me

Edited by Gourdeau