[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Stash and Pray WRs

MTSuper7

For the second half of the season, I thought I'd share my own list of stash WRs that I think are worth a speculative add for the next few weeks to see what happens:

• Dontrelle Inman - Obviously with the trade to Chicago, opportunity is there. And eventually Trubisky will have to throw the ball... we all hope...
  • Justin Hunter - He's next in line with Martavis Bryant going full-on knucklehead. If the Steelers choose to suspend/trade/cut him, Hunter is next in line.
  • Marquise Goodwin - Led the team in targets in Beathard's first start and has blazing speed.
  • Donte Moncrief - Maybe Luck comes back in December at this rate...
  • Previously injured rookie WRs who are getting healthy (Mike Williams, John Ross, Corey Davis)

Anyone else you guys would add to this list?

• Like 1

Juju is a fine add, but he's already on rosters in a lot of leagues compared to most of these other guys. And I thought I read that Justin Hunter was taking Bryant's reps with the first team Steeler offense in practice this week. Eli would be a slot guy, no?

I left Deonte Thompson off my list because he got cut by the Bears. I can't help but think last week was a fluke, as the Bears are as WR needy as anyone. Why cut Thompson if he's got real upside/potential? Unless your franchise is massively dysfunctional (which might be true of Chicago).

32 minutes ago, MTSuper7 said:

I left Deonte Thompson off my list because he got cut by the Bears. I can't help but think last week was a fluke, as the Bears are as WR needy as anyone. Why cut Thompson if he's got real upside/potential? Unless your franchise is massively dysfunctional (which might be true of Chicago).

so 4 catches on 8 targets for 101 yards in his first week with Buffalo isn't upside?  Not sure what him leaving the Bears has to do with his situation now...a change of scenery can often be a good thing.  Especially here, since he spent time practicing with Tyrod in Baltimore when they were both on the 2nd team.  They have a rapport, and i wouldn't be surprised if Tyrod mentioned going after him.  8 targets is nothing to scoff at, especially in PPR, and his YAC is impressive. He also returns kicks from the looks of it too.  If we're deep diving, I think he's worth keeping an eye on

Corey Davis is definitely gonna break out the second half of the season if week 1 is any indication. Setting is just right for it as well without any real competition at the position, Mariota a good QB and titans have a good Running Game. He had 10 targets the first week before going out. I've been holding onto him for two weeks.

Corey Coleman worth keeping an eye in on but dang if that kid gets hurt again...

Dede Westbrook is a talented guy but Bortles is widely inconsistent and that's going to hurt his value quite a bit. 

I notice Doctson isn't on the list. Maybe because the hype surrounding him due to all the coach speak but he's definitely a talented receiver in a pass happy offense. I could see him putting up some big games, redskins definitely need him to.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MTSuper7 said:

For the second half of the season, I thought I'd share my own list of stash WRs that I think are worth a speculative add for the next few weeks to see what happens:

• Dontrelle Inman - Obviously with the trade to Chicago, opportunity is there. And eventually Trubisky will have to throw the ball... we all hope...
  • Justin Hunter - He's next in line with Martavis Bryant going full-on knucklehead. If the Steelers choose to suspend/trade/cut him, Hunter is next in line.
  • Marquise Goodwin - Led the team in targets in Beathard's first start and has blazing speed.
  • Donte Moncrief - Maybe Luck comes back in December at this rate...
  • Previously injured rookie WRs who are getting healthy (Mike Williams, John Ross, Corey Davis)

Anyone else you guys would add to this list?

Demarcus Robinson, KC

He has been getting targets

I hate rostering these types of wide receivers.  You never know what you have in them.  They can have a good week or two and then defenses will start to focus on them so the quarterback won't even look their way and they'll lay an egg.  But then they are hard to drop because they had that good week or two.  Too good to drop, too risky to start.  I'd rather stay thin at wide receiver and pick up a flavor of the week wide receiver from the waiver wire in the case of an emergency.  The upgrade that these types of wide receivers provide over a waiver wire flavor of the week is virtually nil.  I do make an exception for receivers who are first round picks like The Two Coreys because they have enough natural talent to legitimately ascend to a WR2 level.

Edited by michaelredd9

On 10/27/2017 at 2:59 AM, michaelredd9 said:

I hate rostering these types of wide receivers.  You never know what you have in them.  They can have a good week or two and then defenses will start to focus on them so the quarterback won't even look their way and they'll lay an egg.  But then they are hard to drop because they had that good week or two.  Too good to drop, too risky to start.  I'd rather stay thin at wide receiver and pick up a flavor of the week wide receiver from the waiver wire in the case of an emergency.  The upgrade that these types of wide receivers provide over a waiver wire flavor of the week is virtually nil.  I do make an exception for receivers who are first round picks like The Two Coreys because they have enough natural talent to legitimately ascend to a WR2 level.

That’s fine in shallower leagues, but you have to get out ahead of the game in deeper leagues in order to have competitive WR3 types. Besides, I’m not talking about stashing 4 or 5 of these guys. You stash your favorite 1-2 and keep a roster spot fluid for matchup plays.

• Like 1

The problem is making space to roster these guys. I play in a 3 WR league and have Sanu and Kearse on my bench. I'd say they're both worth keeping than dropping one in hopes for a Hunter/Inman/Thompson/Doctson/Davis etc. to blow up later down the road or better yet next week and keep playing at a high level.

I trust the 2 I have on my bench right now to serve as better bye week fillers or to substitute in my roster in case of an injury.