[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Zach Miller May Need Leg Amputated

kdko

Following last night's injury, per Schefter:

Incredibly sad, and unfortunate... I can't tell if he came down wrong, and/or this is another one of those injuries that can be linked back to the new cleats (a stretch).  I really hope he doesn't lose his leg.

I saw it live during the game yesterday and when the play happened I didn't even notice where he'd gotten hurt because I was watching the ball. When I saw the replay though, it was probably one of the worst looking one's I've seen in quite a while. It was so ugly I had actually hoped that it was a leg break & not the knee itself. Then it being a TD  that was in question they showed the replay a few times & I just couldn't watch. When he came down his outside plant leg gave and just bent a way it's not supposed to bend. Just horrible... Prayers for him that he makes a full recovery & at the very least is able to keep his leg.

FWIW, I know the current rule probably doesn't agree that it was a touchdown, but that was a touchdown & total BULL that it got reversed.

• Like 1

I saw it live too.  Noticed the knee on the first replay angle and it didn't look that bad at first glance.  The angle shown above is hard to watch! 

I was just listening to him on the Score late last week and he sounded like a fun, happy guy.  How our lives can change in a matter of seconds is amazing and sometimes horrifying.  Let's hope for the best.

Joe Theisman on the LT sack, but his veins and arteries were intact. Miller had recovered from some pretty serious injuries (including a broken leg a few years ago), but this one was devastating. Makes me sick that this happened to a player like Zach who has persevered through so much. God bless him.

Oh, and it was a catch. I’m sick of seeing multiple catches throughout the NFL overturned while Goodell collects his $35 million a year for stroking Roger Jr. under his desk. He takes no leadership or ownership of the NFL and it’s product even though he’s the commissioner.    

• Like 1

I also saw it live and thought at first that his leg snapped, didn’t realize it was the knee until it was announced later. Glad to hear the surgery was successful. I remember when it happened to Teddy last year I learned that this injury can be life threatening which was a shock to me. Scary stuff