[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Any News On Zeke Hearing?

kevin81mvp

1 minute ago, Shaft said:

You're comparing public opinion to actual proceedings.

Public opinion to actual proceedings? Maybe I'm wrong, but didn't Cosby and Ventura get chastised in public opinion BEFORE their trials??? Didn't they lose their income capabilities before their trials/hearings? Elliot HASN'T, because he's still performing ("playing").

Just now, LuckyBub said:

Public opinion to actual proceedings? Maybe I'm wrong, but didn't Cosby and Ventura get chastised in public opinion BEFORE their trials??? Didn't they lose their income capabilities before their trials/hearings? Elliot HASN'T, because he's still performing ("playing").

Of course they were chastised, that comes with the turf. I don't know the extent of their agreements, but typically there are contractual obligations in order that protect the performer and the venue. In other words, Cosby still could've performed or got paid. Either way, this is veering too far off from the topic.

1 minute ago, Shaft said:

Of course they were chastised, that comes with the turf. I don't know the extent of their agreements, but typically there are contractual obligations in order that protect the performer and the venue. In other words, Cosby still could've performed or got paid. Either way, this is veering too far off from the topic.

Not if people refused to book him and he was innocent. It's not veering off topic, since it's related to Zeke's hearing  - being granted the ability to perform and get paid, while others were not (whether they were guilty or not) - and all before the legal proceedings.

Just now, LuckyBub said:

Not if people refused to book him and he was innocent. It's not veering off topic, since it's related to Zeke's hearing  - being granted the ability to perform and get paid, while others were not (whether they were guilty or not) - and all before the legal proceedings.

Zeke was not criminally charged. You have your opinion on this. I'm going to stick to fantasy football and decide if I should make an offer for him. ;)

• Like 1

It's funny how Instant Replay must have undeniable evidence to overturn a ref's call but in this case the NFL is dismissing the outcomes by law enforcement and their own internal investigation just so they don't have to say they made a mistake in a six game suspension. IMO, the NFL backed themselves into a corner when they did not include the other transgression (pulling the ladies top down) and only used the alleged domestic violence charge. Had they included that, they could suspend him for that action. At this point, the two parties need to come to a mutual agreement. Serve a shorter suspension and just move on.

2 hours ago, LuckyBub said:

This is a fantasy football forum, not a forum to right all the injustices in the world.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Is it that hard?  so they don't post cooking and non football items in the fantasy football forum :unsure:

You want an injustice righting forum request one from the admins, I'm sure they will set one up for you...

as far as apples and oranges....people don't want to pay for tickets to see Bill Crosby and Jesse the Phony any more. Did they ever for Jesse? They

are still willing to pay to see Zeke

2 hours ago, LeonardPart6 said:

This is a fantasy football forum, not a forum to right all the injustices in the world.

Try not wearing panties....then they can’t bunch up

2 hours ago, CowboysDiehard said:

Wait...what? :what:

I agree...just when I was getting ready to be a paying member....🤑

1 hour ago, LuckyBub said:

Then why is there a forum regarding cooking or non-football related forums?

Please see the thread of the year for a perfect example of being slightly off topic...someone interrupted our burger talk with football

19 minutes ago, LuckyBub said:

Some people on this site are ridiculous. Just when I was starting to like it, some people are trying to make sense out of bullmanure or at least avoid the elephant in the room.

There's plenty of other fish in the sea

At this point, the court of public opinion has already decided if he's guilty or not. Either you believe he did it or you believe he was the victim of a money-grubbing bimbo. Nothing at this point is likely to change your mind.

That being said, aside from the yo-yo roller coaster ride of instant, bi-polar like mood swings from fantasy owners of Zeke and his backups, the very real world implications are that that average Joe is beginning to resent Zeke for one reason- The rest of us are unlikely to be able to simply switch judges every time one rules against us. He's been through 8 judges so far and the building impression is that money can simply buy you the Legal Power and representation to absolutely abuse and mock the legal system. The average Joe gets ONE judge, MAYBE two if there is an appeal. Not eight

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Alphashado said:

At this point, the court of public opinion has already decided if he's guilty or not. Either you believe he did it or you believe he was the victim of a money-grubbing bimbo. Nothing at this point is likely to change your mind.

That being said, aside from the yo-yo roller coaster ride of instant, bi-polar like mood swings from fantasy owners of Zeke and his backups, the very real world implications are that that average Joe is beginning to resent Zeke for one reason- The rest of us are unlikely to be able to simply switch judges every time one rules against us. He's been through 8 judges so far and the building impression is that money can simply buy you the Legal Power and representation to absolutely abuse and mock the legal system. The average Joe gets ONE judge, MAYBE two if there is an appeal. Not eight

Welcome to being famous and having money. It's par for the course

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, LuckyBub said:

Some people on this site are ridiculous. Just when I was starting to like it, some people are trying to make sense out of bullmanure or at least avoid the elephant in the room.

Take this however you want, but you brought up other instances that have little to nothing to do with this one.  Its the type of arguments you see in political threads over at FBG (or any goddamned political website for that matter), so it should neither be surprising or considered unwarranted when you receive negative responses to your post. :shrug:

12 minutes ago, ThatDude said:

Welcome to being famous and having money. It's par for the course

Also helps to have a very powerful union backing your fight.  Honestly don't think even a hollywood elite could of taken it this far without that backing.    

I'm a bit confused as to what Zeke is even fighting.  Doesn't Roger Godell have the power to give punishments regardless of evidence?  And didn't the players union agree to this?  I'm not saying I agree but if that's actually in the CBA then how and why can anyone fight it?

• Like 3