[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pains me to say it ...

boltnlava

He has received rave reviews for his work. I think he does a good job. I've read that he is making other broadcasters look bad because he not only explains what is going on but can call what is going to happen in most cases.

I hated romo to begin his career, mainly bc main stream sports media sucked him off simply for being a cowboys qb. He always came across as an overrated big game choker to me. As his career went on and main stream sports media started adopting the idea that he might actually  be an overrated big game choker, I started to like him more and more. His final couple seasons, I was a fan. As a commentator, I love him! Definitely, he is in to it, he’s excited, he’s knowledgeable, he’s a positive addition to every football broadcast he’s part of now.

Edited by pegos
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

Huh.  I find his tendency to predict plays more than a tad annoying.  He also seems to yell things like he's watching the game as a fan.  I like commentators that let the action breathe on its own.  

Huh...maybe a poll is needed...MOD?

Ole, Slip just calls it like he's watching the game with you and me. I like that. I noticed he didn't give away much on the air during the Cowboys game when it comes to calling out formation and plays like he normally does. Me thinks he's going to have a very long career in the booth. He was great under center and now he just slips right into the booth like he's been there before.

How bout them Cowboys! 

Edited by Cowboyz1

I truly love his ability to analyze a play but I don't like his need to consistently call it out. There's going to be moments where you say "damn he called that exactly" but overall, to me, it's overkill. Leave something for the viewer to figure out themselves. If you're so good at analyzing a play from the box before it happens why not just give cues to the people at home so they can observe and figure out why he said to look out for so and so players. Calling the exact play is obviously impressive but it's odd because as impressive as it is, it creates this stale feeling when he gets it right. Maybe sucks anticipation away from it? Like if you never saw a movie and someone else who has keeps telling you "this next part is gonna be surprising"...you don't feel naturally surprised. 

And if that's the case, if you're so good at reading plays...go become a defensive coordinator. 

• Like 1

I hate to admit but he's doing a good job. I didn't like that he was just handed the #1 spot with Nantz with no experience, because of his Cowboys popularity. Apparently CBS did their homework and expected he would do well. Also read that Nantz and others on that crew (director, producer types) spent a lot of time with Romo in the offseason calling games and getting used to knowing how he fit in, to work with people talking in your ear, etc.

I like how he explains things, uses simple terms and unlike Chucky doesn't gush and shoot his load over every other player. The predicting of plays isn't done as often as some say, and I think he's learning it isn't something you want to talk about on every play.  I recall a recent game he did, great play for a TD, and there was also a great block by the RB to give QB time. He was focusing on the pass route, catch etc. Coming back from commercial he says "the block I got to show you that block by the RB, wow" then broke down the film.

Sure is he making other guys look bad, they're stale and not trying anything new. They've been in the job too long and have little drive, Tony is passionate and ready to take on the broadcasting world. Of course it helps to be given the opportunity, based on a far from excellent career, but playing for the big blue star.

On 11/7/2017 at 10:51 AM, Tripleshot said:

I don't like him. He's been dead to me ever since he dumped Carrie Underwood. HTF does anyone ever dump Carrie Underwood...

I heard she doesn't do stuff....lol

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, boltnlava said:

I heard she doesn't do stuff....lol

She's not known as the nicest celeb in these parts.  Based on things I've heard from people who know her, I suspect she can be unpleasant at times.