[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Martavis Bryant rest of season

michaelredd9

Well like i said, 4 to 5 targets lol .. it aimt gonna be anymore than that.. his last catch on 3rd down to seal the fg deal was massive and to me was a good sign that Ben didn't force that to Brown

Edited by Gourdeau

I am still keeping him rostered as my 5th receiver.  Deep threats are inherently inconsistent.  He could easily have a game with 178 yards and 2 touchdowns.  And he has the Packers, Patriots, and Texans on his remaining schedule.  Their defenses have given up the 3rd, 4th, and 5th most points to opposing receivers.  A potential shootout with the Patriots on week 15 is especially enticing.  Ben will surely take some chances with downfield shots.

On 07/11/2017 at 1:07 PM, Gourdeau said:

Bryant is not going to see more than 5 or 6 max unless JUJU or Bell gets hurt. Simple Math. As stated in a previous thread, Ben has 25-35 throws a game.. 12-15 targets for AB, 10 for Bell, that leaves max 13 targets for Juju Bryant rogers James .. id put Juju at minimum 6.. Juju just fits the scheme better as a chain mover, more short route possession type than Bryant. I just don't see it. Im hopefull but with how effective the run is I just dont see enough food to feed them all 

AB with 13 Bell 11 JJUu 8 Bryant 4 james 8

Edited by Gourdeau

9 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

I am still keeping him rostered as my 5th receiver.  Deep threats are inherently inconsistent.  He could easily have a game with 178 yards and 2 touchdowns.  And he has the Packers, Patriots, and Texans on his remaining schedule.  Their defenses have given up the 3rd, 4th, and 5th most points to opposing receivers.  A potential shootout with the Patriots on week 15 is especially enticing.  Ben will surely take some chances with downfield shots.

Sure he could have a big game, but will he be in your lineup then? If you have an injury and need a replacement do you prefer that kind of boom or bust production from the backup?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Sure he could have a big game, but will he be in your lineup then? If you have an injury and need a replacement do you prefer that kind of boom or bust production from the backup?

Ideally I won't have to start him.  He is my 5th receiver.  But I do like him more than any receiver on the waiver wire.  And he does have nice matchups upcoming.  It'll be hard to keep him on the bench week 15 against New England.

@forever in debt to mo lewis I'm sorry but I think it time to put Bryant out to pasture. JuJu is a bigger part of the offense now, James getting 8 targets last night are a red flag for him, and he had 2 drops that almost cement JuJu into the WR2 slot in Pittsburgh. It's ok tho...he had a better career than Ryan Leaf did and Ryan Leaf had enormous talent. My hope for you is that he can become a Patriot and you can watch him struggle for playing time there as well. Or who knows maybe he does well. Unfortunately coaches know better than us, even tho we don't like to admit it, but if Bryant was as dynamic as you feel, they would find a way to get him involved. At the end of the day if coaches see him as a 2 route receiver, than that just might be what he is.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

Honestly, I think there are even far better WR5 options out there waiting for you waivers.

EDIT:  Something else I noticed is that he's never in the endzone celebrating with his teammates, or taking part in the dumb celebrations.  Doesn't seem to be part of the team.

Edited by kdko

2 hours ago, kdko said:

EDIT:  Something else I noticed is that he's never in the endzone celebrating with his teammates, or taking part in the dumb celebrations.  Doesn't seem to be part of the team.

I was wondering if I was alone there. Its Juju AB and Bell. 

2 hours ago, kdko said:

Honestly, I think there are even far better WR5 options out there waiting for you waivers

Yeah I'd prefer like Marquise Goodwin or someone like that tier at this point

22 hours ago, jamesplante11 said:

@forever in debt to mo lewis I'm sorry but I think it time to put Bryant out to pasture. JuJu is a bigger part of the offense now, James getting 8 targets last night are a red flag for him, and he had 2 drops that almost cement JuJu into the WR2 slot in Pittsburgh. It's ok tho...he had a better career than Ryan Leaf did and Ryan Leaf had enormous talent. My hope for you is that he can become a Patriot and you can watch him struggle for playing time there as well. Or who knows maybe he does well. Unfortunately coaches know better than us, even tho we don't like to admit it, but if Bryant was as dynamic as you feel, they would find a way to get him involved. At the end of the day if coaches see him as a 2 route receiver, than that just might be what he is.

bryant caught two balls.....for 20 and 10 yards......he had a 25 yard catch called back for a PI on himself...and also had a deep ball thrown to him on that same drive which was not a well thrown ball at all IIRC........the previous week IIRC they predictably ran him on a deep go route on the first drive.........you act as if coaches never do anything wrong or waste talent.....hes not a 2 route guy at all

you talking about bryant in the same breath as ryan leaf shows complete ignorance and a reach attempt at acting like you are right about something...trust me you dont want to go there..im right more than im wrong......bryant has been an elite playmaker in this league in his brief time and he has commanded respect....its not a feel about byrant being dynamic...its been proven...its on film.....its been seen.....you must have a short memory ....before his suspension he was widely viewed as one of the best up and coming receivers in the league......

you cant try to tell me im wrong because they have A brown, bell and now a solid other receiver..and bryant has now been seen as a malcontent and someoen who isnt reliable because hes one bad day away from banishment......but trying to tell me this guy isnt talented is just crazy.....its on film...hes dynamic....and he can be more than just a guy that runs some deep routes....i dont want to see him on the patriots....we dont need him...i simply said when he was coming out of clemson and falling into the 4th round i wanted the pats to take a shot.....

i would def agree that its time to put him out to pasture as a fantasy option this year...no question.....but to act as if this guy has no talent is just crazy...or hes a wash out......id be willing to bet there are at least 20 teams that would love to have this guy if he had a clean record

its funny to me that the two guys opposing my view the most in this thread are browns fans lol...im a pats fan...i hate the steelers too...i just see it for what it is....

You've got a dream of Bryant breaking out and cannot accept it won't be happening. You can say the coaches are idiots and not using him right but that isn't going to change reality.

As far as the guys arguing with you, funny you leave out the knowledgeable Steelers fan.

• Like 2

Just now, stevegrab said:

You've got a dream of Bryant breaking out and cannot accept it won't be happening. You can say the coaches are idiots and not using him right but that isn't going to change reality.

As far as the guys arguing with you, funny you leave out the knowledgeable Steelers fan.

i dont see any steelers fans "arguing" with me really....i mean maybe you want to see it...all i see is you and james arguing with me....

i dont have a dream of bryant breaking out....i can accept it wont happen this year...i just admitted it...i said "you can defintley see he is worthless in fantasy this year".....but you guys are acting like hes some flash in the pan that is a washout in the mold of ryan leaf.....the book isnt closed on him yet...hes like 25/26....and he was hailed as one of the most talented up and coming guys in the league before his suspension was he not? or are you going to deny that as just crazy talk?

the talent is there...the usage and consistency from the qb is not.....sometimes talented players dont click for a season or are wasted....it happens....im going to need more proof the guy is a bum than this...sorry

I've never said he has no talent or a flash in the pan. Just seemed like you're trying to argue he will improve drastically (early on at least) while the PIT fan gordeau explained why that wasn't happening. 

Maybe I missed stuff in your posts, sorry but they're kind of hard to read with no punctuation of any kind other than ..... 

On 11/18/2017 at 9:25 AM, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

bryant caught two balls.....for 20 and 10 yards......he had a 25 yard catch called back for a PI on himself...and also had a deep ball thrown to him on that same drive which was not a well thrown ball at all IIRC........the previous week IIRC they predictably ran him on a deep go route on the first drive.........you act as if coaches never do anything wrong or waste talent.....hes not a 2 route guy at all

you talking about bryant in the same breath as ryan leaf shows complete ignorance and a reach attempt at acting like you are right about something...trust me you dont want to go there..im right more than im wrong......bryant has been an elite playmaker in this league in his brief time and he has commanded respect....its not a feel about byrant being dynamic...its been proven...its on film.....its been seen.....you must have a short memory ....before his suspension he was widely viewed as one of the best up and coming receivers in the league......

you cant try to tell me im wrong because they have A brown, bell and now a solid other receiver..and bryant has now been seen as a malcontent and someoen who isnt reliable because hes one bad day away from banishment......but trying to tell me this guy isnt talented is just crazy.....its on film...hes dynamic....and he can be more than just a guy that runs some deep routes....i dont want to see him on the patriots....we dont need him...i simply said when he was coming out of clemson and falling into the 4th round i wanted the pats to take a shot.....

i would def agree that its time to put him out to pasture as a fantasy option this year...no question.....but to act as if this guy has no talent is just crazy...or hes a wash out......id be willing to bet there are at least 20 teams that would love to have this guy if he had a clean record

its funny to me that the two guys opposing my view the most in this thread are browns fans lol...im a pats fan...i hate the steelers too...i just see it for what it is....

1) The statement “I’m more right than I am wrong” is a typical Patriots fan statement 

2) Bryant being an elite playmaker isn’t just as ignorant of a statement as be exaggerating to make my point using Ryan Leaf

3) I never said he wasn’t talented, he’s great at screens and a fly route

4) If he had a clean record? Another’s ignorant statement. That’s like saying Josh Gordon would’ve been one of the leagues best receivers if he could’ve stayed away from the pharmacy. He doesn’t have a clean record so now maybe 5 teams want him

As a Patriots fan, who has said numerous times you haven’t watched much of Bryant, but when you do the coaches don’t seem to use him right, you keep mentioning game film. If you haven’t watched much of him how have you come across this game film that no one else has seen?

On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 10:02 AM, jamesplante11 said:

1) The statement “I’m more right than I am wrong” is a typical Patriots fan statement 

2) Bryant being an elite playmaker isn’t just as ignorant of a statement as be exaggerating to make my point using Ryan Leaf

3) I never said he wasn’t talented, he’s great at screens and a fly route

4) If he had a clean record? Another’s ignorant statement. That’s like saying Josh Gordon would’ve been one of the leagues best receivers if he could’ve stayed away from the pharmacy. He doesn’t have a clean record so now maybe 5 teams want him

As a Patriots fan, who has said numerous times you haven’t watched much of Bryant, but when you do the coaches don’t seem to use him right, you keep mentioning game film. If you haven’t watched much of him how have you come across this game film that no one else has seen?

by saying I haven't watched much of Bryant...I meant this year....and by much I haven't watched a ton of steelers games this year...I usually get to see more of them than I have this year....but ive done some intel here and on other boards(you do realize this isn't the only fantasy board right?)

again...you seem to have an axe to grind with the patriots....you will say you don't....but you do...trust me..i am right more than I'm wrong.... I guess you weren't here when I told everyone gurley was going to bounce back ...had to make my point and listen to about 10 guys tell me "no way I don't see it"....or the year before when I predicted a breakout for Winston and evans.......its ok...im not some bandwagon pats fan who just started watching football in 2001......

the clean record comment was in regards to how coveted he would be/would have been by other teams....not in relation to numbers or how well he has performed....the comment was relevant to some of you seemingly acting as if he is not talented at all

anyways james....im here in RI...if you ever are in the area let me know...would love to meet up and talk football over some drinks

• Like 1

Martavis has a nice matchup this Sunday night against the Packers.  Martavis is a receiver that needs the offensive line to block well so that he has time to get deep.  The Packers' already anemic pass rush will be worse than normal with Clay Matthews being either out or limited because of a groin injury.  Opposing receivers in general have done well against the Packers but fast deep threats have done especially well.  The top three receiver performances against the Packers this season have been Marvin Jones (29.70 fantasy points), AJ Green (27.10 fantasy points), and Ted Ginn Jr. (21.10 fantasy points).  All three of those receivers are very fast and excellent deep threats.  The top two performances, Marvin Jones and AJ Green, are also tall like Martavis.  Hopefully the game stays close enough that Ben doesn't hesitate to take deep chances.

Edited by michaelredd9
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, michaelredd9 said:

Martavis has a nice matchup this Sunday night against the Packers.  Martavis is a receiver that needs the offensive line to block well so that he has time to get deep.  The Packers' already anemic pass rush will be worse than normal with Clay Matthews being either out or limited because of a groin injury.  Opposing receivers in general have done well against the Packers but fast deep threats have done especially well.  The top three receiver performances against the Packers this season have been Marvin Jones (29.70 fantasy points), AJ Green (27.10 fantasy points), and Ted Ginn Jr. (21.10 fantasy points).  All three of those receivers are very fast and excellent deep threats.  The top two performances, Marvin Jones and AJ Green, are also tall like Martavis.  Hopefully the game stays close enough that Ben doesn't hesitate to take deep chances.

eh...good luck lol

ill prob hold him in case something happens to juju......Bryant could break out one of these weeks but it will be too late.....cant find anyone willing to trust him at this juncture

I woudnt put julio and Bryant in the same class at all....and ive watched julio a lot and hes getting a ton of attention....seattle last night was sometimes jamming him with two guys inside the 5 yard zone.....Bryant isn't getting that kind of attention......but ryan and julio look off.....it happens between talented qbs/receivers sometimes.....I think ben and Bryant have been that way this year...and Bryant is obviously getting less opportunities....but I look at ryan and julio and see another example of two quality talents that just cant get things right