[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Do you think Hunt will rebound after the bye?

Alphashado

His numbers have progressively dropped almost every single week this season.

Do you think the kid is getting tired?

Do you think the O line is getting tired?

Or do you think it's just Andy Reid being a bone head.

Hunt must not be very good at picking up blitzes and blocking. That's the ONLY reason to justify why he is never in the game on 3rd downs. It's almost always West on 3rd downs even though Hunt is very, very good catching the ball. Aside from that, his usage is additionally bizarre at many other points in recent games. Last week for example he only had 9 or 10 carries even though the Chiefs were only down by a few points. His usage (or lack there of) almost directly correlates with recent losses. When they find ways to use him, they tend to win. When he doesn't get much usage, they tend to lose.

Andy also has a very irritating tendency to use West in the Red Zone or run gadget plays with Kelce or Alex Smith.

Another theory circulating the world wide interweb of underground armchair fantasy quarterbacks like myself is that Reid has been trying to cut back on Hunt's usage in order to save him for the playoffs. That's all fine and dandy of course, assuming you MAKE the playoffs. And if they don't get back to using this kid like they did the first few weeks, they may not even get there.

Unless you've been watching the Chiefs play (and I have been watching them a lot this year as a Hunt owner) it's hard to describe his usage as anything other than frustrating and bizarre. He is every bit as talented as Zeke or Bell and should be used as such.

At the beginning of the season it looked like he was going to be a super star. The kid is obviously talented.

Edited by Alphashado

10 hours ago, Alphashado said:

His numbers have progressively dropped almost every single week this season.

Do you think the kid is getting tired?

Do you think the O line is getting tired?

Or do you think it's just Andy Reid being a bone head.

Hunt must not be very good at picking up blitzes and blocking. That's the ONLY reason to justify why he is never in the game on 3rd downs. It's almost always West on 3rd downs even though Hunt is very, very good catching the ball. Aside from that, his usage is additionally bizarre at many other points in recent games. Last week for example he only had 9 or 10 carries even though the Chiefs were only down by a few points. His usage (or lack there of) almost directly correlates with recent losses. When they find ways to use him, they tend to win. When he doesn't get much usage, they tend to lose.

Andy also has a very irritating tendency to use West in the Red Zone or run gadget plays with Kelce or Alex Smith.

Another theory circulating the world wide interweb of underground armchair fantasy quarterbacks like myself is that Reid has been trying to cut back on Hunt's usage in order to save him for the playoffs. That's all fine and dandy of course, assuming you MAKE the playoffs. And if they don't get back to using this kid like they did the first few weeks, they may not even get there.

Unless you've been watching the Chiefs play (and I have been watching them a lot this year as a Hunt owner) it's hard to describe his usage as anything other than frustrating and bizarre. He is every bit as talented as Zeke or Bell and should be used as such.

At the beginning of the season it looked like he was going to be a super star. The kid is obviously talented.

It's hard to say, but I think Hunt will rebound (somewhat), especially since they have playoff competition right now. They may be in 1st in their division, but that may not be for long. Even Denver at the bottom is only three games out. If they start winning some games, they could catch the Chiefs. Same goes to the rest of the division. If I recall correctly, I think Andy Reid was saying earlier in the season that he wanted to limit Hunt's carries to "keep him fresh".

20 hours ago, stethant said:

Hunt needs to get back to it for this team to have any hope of a playoff run. Alex Smith isn't carrying this team anywhere on his own.

My thoughts exactly. It's as if everyone (including the coaching staff) has forgotten how average Alex Smith was before Kareem Hunt came along. Smith's stats are inflated because of Hunt, whether it be due to passing him the ball directly or due to defenses keying in on stopping the run and therefore opening the passing game. It's as if the coaching staff said "Hey, wow, I don't know what's going on with Alex this year, but dam is he good! We need to find ways to get Alex Smith more involved"!

It's really very, very strange. It feels like they are now using Kareem Hunt as a distraction so the Super Athlete Alex Smith can work is magic.

I just saw a stat that Hunt is leading the league in busted tackles. That has nothing to do with the offensive line, or Alex Smith, or genius play calls. That is a talented player doing what he does best. Period. Why in the world would you only give him the ball 9 times?

• Like 2

This is pretty much what everyone predicted would happen with as rookie like Hunt. He would start to produce less and less with the more intense and longer NFL season.  You can see the steep drop off teams learned to play against him and respect their run game.  I imagine he bounces back a game or two after bye week but I doubt he will put up the numbers he was again.

2 hours ago, Ootter said:

This is pretty much what everyone predicted would happen with as rookie like Hunt. He would start to produce less and less with the more intense and longer NFL season.  You can see the steep drop off teams learned to play against him and respect their run game.  I imagine he bounces back a game or two after bye week but I doubt he will put up the numbers he was again.

He had 4 catches for 24 yards and averaged 4.1 yards per carry on his measly 9 attempts. And he still leads the league in broken tackles. He isn't wearing down, they are using him less. Big difference.

• Like 1

On 11/13/2017 at 1:32 PM, loaf said:

Chiefs have some cupcakes coming up with the Giants, Bills and Jets...

THIS....and not to mention that a bye week is never a bad thing for a running back that has carried as much load as Hunt has....never mind, guess I mentioned it....

Not sure why people are sweating his less than stellar performances.

He is still a talented player. Look at Gurley this year vs. last year. Talent has a way of prevailing in the end.

I guess that may worry single seasoners as their time exposure to a certain player is limited.

Remember he is still leading all other rookie backs and there were a lot of talented backs entering the league this year. Wasn't last year where it was just Zeke or the year before where it was just Gurley and DJ.

On 11/15/2017 at 8:25 AM, Rbgb said:

Not sure why people are sweating his less than stellar performances.

He is still a talented player. Look at Gurley this year vs. last year. Talent has a way of prevailing in the end.

I guess that may worry single seasoners as their time exposure to a certain player is limited.

Remember he is still leading all other rookie backs and there were a lot of talented backs entering the league this year. Wasn't last year where it was just Zeke or the year before where it was just Gurley and DJ.

It's evident how talented he is. The issue/concern owners are having is his baffling usage. The ways and times Andy Reid used him became more and more bizarre as the season progressed. You can't really tell by simply looking at the box scores (except their last game where he only had 9 carries).

I can tell you this, even though I think Kareem Hunt is just as talented as David Johnson, I will keep Johnson over Hunt in a keeper league and it isn't even a close decision despite the fact that Hunt is in a much better offense. The Cardinals  use Johnson much more.

Maybe this conversation happened during the bye week-

Assistant Coach- "Hey Andy, have you noticed that we tend to win when we lean heavily on Kareem Hunt and we tend to lose when we don't?"

Andy Reid- "Hmm. Is this true? Hey, pass me a donut, yeah the big one there with sprinkles".

Assistant Coach- "Yes it's indeed true. The only reason Alex is having such a good year is because of this sensational rookie".

Andy Reid- "Hmm. I was thinking Alex was just a late bloomer." "Dammit now I have sprinkles on my shirt".

Assistant Coach- "Here let me get that for you". "Yeah, we should probably find more ways to get Kareem the ball in open space and actually use him on the goal line".

Andy Reid- "Hmm. You mean we should use this kid like other coaches use talented RBs"?

Assistant Coach- "Yes".

Andy Reid- "Pass me another donut".

Assistant Coach- Stares

Andy Reid- "FINE then, we will use him more, just give me another damned donut"!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Averaging 5 yards per carry and only has four carries in the first half. They are losing to the worst team in football 6-3

This is utterly unbelievable. Is Andy Reid and this coaching staff really this stupid? Your RB is getting 5 yrds per carry and you give him the ball four times? WTF??

If they don't make DRASTIC changes in the 2cnd half, they deserve to lose to the Giants. I guess there is a reason Andy seldom makes the playoffs.

On 11/19/2017 at 5:50 PM, BeeR said:

I know they're dinged up here and there but KC looked like crap, completely flat

+1. Their play calling was borderline absurd for the entire game. You have to establish your dominance and they spent the whole game with dink and dunk and stupid cute gimmicks. Sometimes you just have to smash someone in the mouth, which is exactly what the Giants did to them.

23 hours ago, stethant said:

+1. Their play calling was borderline absurd for the entire game. You have to establish your dominance and they spent the whole game with dink and dunk and stupid cute gimmicks. Sometimes you just have to smash someone in the mouth, which is exactly what the Giants did to them.

2 out of the last 3 weeks they had a pass catcher throw an interception. You hit the nail on the head. Too many gimmick plays. They have all the tools to dominate with basic, fundamental football, yet they continue with absurd play calling.

Hunt

Hill

Kelce

Rinse/repeat= win.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Alphashado said:

2 out of the last 3 weeks they had a pass catcher throw an interception. You hit the nail on the head. Too many gimmick plays. They have all the tools to dominate with basic, fundamental football, yet they continue with absurd play calling.

Hunt

Hill

Kelce

Rinse/repeat= win.

Yup. Hunt did have a couple big runs called back due to holding should have broke 100 yds. While I think KC weak schedule will help Hunt rebound this team is soft. Punch Reid in the mouth he does not know what to do. As far as the play calling...... Lou Holtz once said, "You use trick plays when you think you can't line up a beat em." Playing the Giants you line up and beat them. Hunt with 25+ touches

• Like 2

I can't even believe I'm saying this, but I think Hunt is benchable at this point.

KC is so far off their game that Kareem can't get anything going. I don't know if it's the playcalling, Alex Smith, Andy Reid bad ju-ju, or what but Hunt is turning into CJ Anderson.

CJ Hunt.

:sick:

Edited by stethant

KC also telegraphs their plays terribly.  Smith can't fake a hand off and when it is going to the RB it's blatantly obvious before the snap.  He also sucks at knowing the field position, which is why he always throws to Kelce.  Take Kelce out of KC and that team would be absolute toast.  

Pains me to say this but Kareem "the dream" is no longer a must start. Some stats: Since week 6 Hunt is RB 25 in ppr scoring. KC has scored 9 offensive TDs since week 6, only team in NFL to not score a rushing TD since week 5. Offense is a total dumpster fire. Biggest decline in fantasy points has been Hunt  4 straight games with less than 11 fantasy points. Teams are stacking the box against us (Alex Smith effect) Hunt since week 6 has averaged 1.4 yards before first contact which is 40th in NFL. He is losing touches because Reid abandons the run game way to freaking early.......... It hurt to type this.