[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

SNF Pats/Broncos

tazinib1

I need NE Def to score 15, currently have 14 points. Than tomorrow I need Carolina Def to score exactly 0 or less. If NE Def gets to 15 I will be up by.04 points against my brother who needs a win badly to keep the last playoff spot. So I'd like to see him in dire pain sweating until tomorrow if I can get the 15 :) 

30 minutes ago, Wolverines Fan said:

Bennett has two catches.

D. Allen has a touchdown catch.

If I had needed big points from Gronk tonight, I'd be :angry: right now.

Me too, but I'll make lemonade out of it. Now that I'm eliminated in a two player keeper league, I just offered Antonio Brown and Michael Thomas to another team for Zeke and DeShaun.  We discussed it.  He'll take it, I'll get him over the finish line and I'll be set for the next decade.

Edited by CowboysDiehard

If only Gronk could've gotten me a TD or 2, I'd feel a little more comfortable. I can still win, with McCaffrey and Landry tomorrow night. But my opponent has Newton and I'm only ahead by 4. So, yeah - I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous for this matchup. I'll still be up 1 game from 2nd place, but losing a game isn't something I enjoy after being ahead by 2 games for the last several weeks. I'd rather lock up 1st place as soon as possible. If I win this week and next, I'll finish the season in 1st (due to a huge points lead) with 2 games left.

16 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

Better support and better OL play and better DEF play, he could absolute be good enough to QB this team to the superbowl.

lol

if he only had a better team, he'd be great!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BeeR said:

Yeah I think DEN D aint what many assume it is/was.  And they're just lacking on skill players generally.

By skill player you mean QB right?  Thomas, Sanders, Charles and CJ are not bad, cannot recall who their TE is. I thought I heard it was mostly bad OL play and QB holding the offense back?

Either way I'm glad to see DT with a TD in each of the last 2 games, after none all season.

6 hours ago, NAUgrad said:

It's embarrassing!  The safety play is aweful and can't play the pass at all and the MLB can't cover either.  They get beat like a drum every game.  Never seen a team become so bad so quickly. 

Missing Wade Phillips.....badly. Never should've let him leave.

14 hours ago, Rileyrott said:

Missing Wade Phillips.....badly. Never should've let him leave.

They let him leave by firing Kubiak, at that point the new HC was more than likely selecting his own staff. Isn't that pretty common? Curious how they could have changed HC but keep Wade, that would be a condition the new HC would have to agree to.

I've heard of teams telling a HC they need to replace a coordinator (or add one when they're doing that job) but rarely hear them require it to be a specific person.

1 hour ago, LordOpie said:

Doesn't wade have a reputation of a good first year and then downhill from there? 

All I know is that wherever he's gone, the defense immediately gets better.  We used to have the same issue with an offensive line coach years ago.  When he left the oline was bad.  They would hire him back and immediately the oline got better.  Sigh!

2 hours ago, NAUgrad said:

All I know is that wherever he's gone, the defense immediately gets better.  We used to have the same issue with an offensive line coach years ago.  When he left the oline was bad.  They would hire him back and immediately the oline got better.  Sigh!

That would be Alex Gibbs. He was the Offensive Line Coach (Zone Blocking Scheme) for the Broncos, as follows:

1984-1987 (Offensive Line Coach-Broncos)

1995-2003 (Offensive Line Coach and Assistant Head Coach-Broncos)

2013 (Offensive Line Consultant-Broncos).

...and yes, he was most welcome at Dove Valley!