[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Your best 10th round or later target ever

Ramhock

In a PPR league, I got Wes Welker in the 14th round in 2007. This was his first year with the Patriots, and he ended up with a crazy a$$ line by year end (something like 110/1200/8).  I also happened to nab Braylon Edwards that year in the 8th round (he ended up with 16 TDs). I started that season 1-4 but then reeled off 11 straight wins en route to the title. 

I haven't been able to recapture that magic again... :kicksrock:

21 hours ago, MikesVikes said:

In my very first FF draft, I drafted Steve Young in the first round. He never played a game. My second qb selected was Steve Beuerlein. That was the year that his Carolina Panthers decided to throw the ball around. He finished up with 4400/36. I won the title. That was probably my best pick after the 10th round. That was 1999. Beuerlein was 34 years old that year. He threw more than 15 Passing TDs only three other years in his career. Never even hit 20 again.

My one and only championship and I had Beuerlein on that team, don't recall where I drafted him but loved the way the Panthers cut him loose to throw the ball. He had the record for completions (343) and yards that season (4436) as welll as yard/game (277). His average game that year was 21/36 277-2-1

Of course the Panthers only went 8-8 that year :)

That week 17 between Beuerlein and Favre though, still total points league at that time and I was chasing my buddy who had like 20 points on me for 1st.  I had Beuerlein going but he had Favre going.  The message board blew up that day as we traded blows. 

2 hours ago, stevegrab said:

My one and only championship and I had Beuerlein on that team, don't recall where I drafted him but loved the way the Panthers cut him loose to throw the ball. He had the record for completions (343) and yards that season (4436) as welll as yard/game (277). His average game that year was 21/36 277-2-1

Of course the Panthers only went 8-8 that year :)

Young did close to that the year before. Funny how things work out sometimes. But yes that was a fun turn of events to watch.