[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who will be the 2018 studs?

1fastdoc

Trying to figure out who to pick up this year for my dynasty league next year.  

I've already grabbed Johnson and Rodgers (who somebody dropped!) as well as guys who supposedly have a lot of potential: Hunter Henry (I really think he could be the next Kelce), Austin Ekeler, Dede Westbrook and Corey Coleman.  Considering Cam Meredith too.

I'm not talking about solid players.  I'm talking about guys like Johnson, Elliott, Watson, Gurley, Thielen, etc

Who do you think should be a stud next year that can be snagged cheap or free this year?  

3 minutes ago, Rbgb said:

Can you only keep them for so long in your Dynasty?

Makes no sense why people would be dropping studs in a Dynasty due to injuries?

This is the first season and yes, the plan is to keep them indefinitely. With 10 bench spots and a dedicated IR spot there is no reason to drop an injured stud so I'm not sure why he did. But, he's also in 3rd place and doing fine despite also losing Johnson in the beginning. I currently have 4 guys on IR. 

• Confused 2

Super long shot but should come cheap, Josh Gordon.

I've grabbed Corey Coleman and Randall Cobb for this purpose, both off waivers. I also try to watch QB situations where a young one appears to be taking over and could be of value in the future. Doubt I'd add any of them but have ben monitoring Kizer, Osweiler and Trubisky.

Waiver quality, I'd be looking at Corey Davis, Corey Coleman, Maybe Mike Williams.I like Corey Davis the most out of these guys though, elite talent in a position to be the No. 1 guy, just gotta put it all together. Marlon Mack or D'onta Foreman are good young talent in interesting positions to take over.

Edited by Inziladun

This is not really relevant, but it's always been a pet peeve of mine when FFers list a player only by their last name as if everyone is already supposed to know who it is they are talking about. Especially when it's an infinitely common name like "Johnson." Then everyone just pretends to know who it is and runs to go look it up so that they don't look like an ignorant dolt. :lol:

BTW, somebody mentioned Osweiler. All I have to say is :rofl: (speaking from experience :( )

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

This is not really relevant, but it's always been a pet peeve of mine when FFers list a player only by their last name as if everyone is already supposed to know who it is they are talking about. Especially when it's an infinitely common name like "Johnson." Then everyone just pretends to know who it is and runs to go look it up so that they don't look like an ignorant dolt. :lol:

BTW, somebody mentioned Osweiler. All I have to say is :rofl: (speaking from experience :( )

Oz....you never know and my team appeared out of the race a few weeks ago so I was looking for long term value instead of some scrub to compete for the #9 spot on my bench. He was expected to get a shot at QB in Denver where there are weapons to be successful. Who would have thought Josh McCown would be top 12 in QB scoring.

Agree on your pet peeve, I started to type "Coleman and Cobb" then went back to include first names even though most would understand. Nicknames can be just as bad, ones like Fat Rob got me.

Soo many people refer to their keeper leagues as dynasty leagues.  Even most beefed up keeper leagues are no where near the same ball park IMO...but its the only thing I can come up with for some of the dynasty posts you see out there. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

"I've grabbed Corey Coleman and Randall Cobb for this purpose, both off waivers..."

"I've already grabbed Johnson and Rodgers (who somebody dropped!) ..."

"Waiver quality, I'd be looking at Corey Davis, Corey Coleman, Maybe Mike Williams..."

I'm unsure how any of these guys are on waivers. Do you think it's reasonable for them to be dynasty free agents?

Frist who says these are all dynasty leagues? The OP was asking about that but some will miss it or comment on a different league basis. I admit I missed that this was a dynasty specific question. We're a keeper, 5 man out of 9 starters, but with no limits or contracts so more like dynasty players.

The first one was me, why would you expected Corey Coleman who's been on IR until recently and who is on a crappy team with a bad QB to be rostered?  Cobb was cut by his owner after Rodgers went down, the guy is newer in our league, may not have a lot of keeper experience and has shown that with some strange drops. By the way according to CBS.com where my league is run, Cobb is 64% owned, Coleman 31% not sure how many leagues there are dynasty.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

Do you think they let Alex Smith go?

I do. Alex has a team option next year I think they pick it up and trade him. Alex has been great this year but Cinderella is starting to turn back into the game manger pumpkin Alex Smith. (Which is not bad) Smitty is 5 TDs away from his career best. Sell high

6 hours ago, Def. said:

Soo many people refer to their keeper leagues as dynasty leagues.  Even most beefed up keeper leagues are no where near the same ball park IMO...but its the only thing I can come up with for some of the dynasty posts you see out there. 

10 Teams. 10 active spots, 10 bench, 1 IR. Anticipate keeping 16 and drafting rookies early next season. The initial plan was to expand the roster to 25, rookie draft and then cut back to 20. But Yahoo can't do that. Kept players won't affect draft position. 

20 minutes ago, 1fastdoc said:

10 Teams. 10 active spots, 10 bench, 1 IR. Anticipate keeping 16 and drafting rookies early next season. The initial plan was to expand the roster to 25, rookie draft and then cut back to 20. But Yahoo can't do that. Kept players won't affect draft position. 

You don't have to justify to me, if that's what you consider a dynasty league then that's all that matters.   

7 hours ago, chiefswarpath said:

I do. Alex has a team option next year I think they pick it up and trade him. Alex has been great this year but Cinderella is starting to turn back into the game manger pumpkin Alex Smith. (Which is not bad) Smitty is 5 TDs away from his career best. Sell high

The Chiefs have Smith under contract for one more year at $17 million.  It would be hard to replace a proven commodity like Smith for an unproven commodity like Mahomes.  Smith is still leading the league in passer rating, interception percentage, and average yards per attempt.  Any quarterback can have a down game or two.  And Smith has had a couple of mediocre games but not a truly bad game.  There would be nothing wrong with having Mahomes sit on the bench for another year.  The Chiefs are a Super Bowl contender.  No matter how much potential Mahomes is showing in practice, pinning your Super Bowl hopes on a first year starter is a hugh gamble.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, LordOpie said:

"I've grabbed Corey Coleman and Randall Cobb for this purpose, both off waivers..."

"I've already grabbed Johnson and Rodgers (who somebody dropped!) ..."

"Waiver quality, I'd be looking at Corey Davis, Corey Coleman, Maybe Mike Williams..."

I'm unsure how any of these guys are on waivers. Do you think it's reasonable for them to be dynasty free agents? 

Fair enough. I just got Jack Doyle in a trade in dynasty quite cheap which is why I suggested him. 

Please fantasy experts. What is the difference between a Dynasty and Keeper?

My league I'm in is called a dynasty with a $210 salary cap, but we are only allowed to keep 15 moving into the next season (to allow players to be picked up in the draft). These 15 players must be under $160 (again to allow money to be used to buy players in the draft auction style).

To encourage more studs to end up in the draft we adjust the salaries of the top 10 players up $3, 11-20th go up $2 and every other keeper goes up $1.

Sounds confusing, but I'm not the commissioner spending my time adjusting, lol.

I like it this way. It makes drafting rookies and buying low very important. But some people in the league just don't get it.