1fastdoc

Who will be the 2018 studs?

michaelredd9    814
7 hours ago, chiefswarpath said:

I do. Alex has a team option next year I think they pick it up and trade him. Alex has been great this year but Cinderella is starting to turn back into the game manger pumpkin Alex Smith. (Which is not bad) Smitty is 5 TDs away from his career best. Sell high

The Chiefs have Smith under contract for one more year at $17 million.  It would be hard to replace a proven commodity like Smith for an unproven commodity like Mahomes.  Smith is still leading the league in passer rating, interception percentage, and average yards per attempt.  Any quarterback can have a down game or two.  And Smith has had a couple of mediocre games but not a truly bad game.  There would be nothing wrong with having Mahomes sit on the bench for another year.  The Chiefs are a Super Bowl contender.  No matter how much potential Mahomes is showing in practice, pinning your Super Bowl hopes on a first year starter is a hugh gamble.

• Like 2

Dolphin_Akie    406
10 hours ago, LordOpie said:

"I've grabbed Corey Coleman and Randall Cobb for this purpose, both off waivers..."

"I've already grabbed Johnson and Rodgers (who somebody dropped!) ..."

"Waiver quality, I'd be looking at Corey Davis, Corey Coleman, Maybe Mike Williams..."

I'm unsure how any of these guys are on waivers. Do you think it's reasonable for them to be dynasty free agents? 

Fair enough. I just got Jack Doyle in a trade in dynasty quite cheap which is why I suggested him. 

Rbgb    36

Please fantasy experts. What is the difference between a Dynasty and Keeper?

My league I'm in is called a dynasty with a $210 salary cap, but we are only allowed to keep 15 moving into the next season (to allow players to be picked up in the draft). These 15 players must be under $160 (again to allow money to be used to buy players in the draft auction style).

To encourage more studs to end up in the draft we adjust the salaries of the top 10 players up $3, 11-20th go up $2 and every other keeper goes up $1.

Sounds confusing, but I'm not the commissioner spending my time adjusting, lol.

I like it this way. It makes drafting rookies and buying low very important. But some people in the league just don't get it.

stevegrab    829

To me a keeper league you only keep a few players, or a portion of your starting lineup. The more players you keep it approaches dynasty. 

I'd say yours is dynasty. Opinions will vary.

1fastdoc    44
10 hours ago, Def. said:

You don't have to justify to me, if that's what you consider a dynasty league then that's all that matters.   

If I'm off in my definition I'd appreciate clarification. This is the first time we've done the dynasty thing and I'm the commish. It's a work in progress. 

Inziladun    66

I Believe a proper Dynasty league is a very deep bench, usually multiple IR slots and a league where you keep or at least have the option to keep ALL of your players. Drafts are usually rookies only. A Keeper league  limits or caps the amount of players you are allowed to keep, that restriction alone makes it not a dynasty league I'd imagine. Drafts are all available players the following year.

1fastdoc    44
1 hour ago, Inziladun said:

I Believe a proper Dynasty league is a very deep bench, usually multiple IR slots and a league where you keep or at least have the option to keep ALL of your players. Drafts are usually rookies only. A Keeper league  limits or caps the amount of players you are allowed to keep, that restriction alone makes it not a dynasty league I'd imagine. Drafts are all available players the following year.

This was exactly my plan. 

But it turns out that yahoo doesn't allow reducing the number of roster spots after the draft. 

The option the Yahoo rep gave me was to expand to 25, rookie draft, and then have guys cut back to 20. At that point I'd write all the players down, scrap all the rosters and then manually enter 200 players into a 20 player roster. Screw that. I could expand to 25 and enforce a 20 cap but it would allow people to temporarily roster a 21st before dropping a player, affecting the waiver wire. 

rajncajn    519
On 11/17/2017 at 11:31 AM, Inziladun said:

My 16 team dynasty has 35 player active rosters, full Individual Defensive Players (IDP), a 12 player Taxi Squad, player contracts, free agency, restricted free agency and a yearly 8 round (128 player) rookie only draft. Which also kinda makes me chuckle when I open these threads because the majority of the players mentioned are already on active rosters or stashed on someone's taxi squad.

1fastdoc    44
On 11/20/2017 at 5:01 PM, rajncajn said:

My 16 team dynasty has 35 player active rosters, full Individual Defensive Players (IDP), a 12 player Taxi Squad, player contracts, free agency, restricted free agency and a yearly 8 round (128 player) rookie only draft. Which also kinda makes me chuckle when I open these threads because the majority of the players mentioned are already on active rosters or stashed on someone's taxi squad.

Holy crap. What is a taxi squad and how do you have contracts?? 

rajncajn    519
50 minutes ago, 1fastdoc said:

Holy crap. What is a taxi squad and how do you have contracts?? 

When you pick up a player via free agency, you assign him contract years of which you have a cap. Our league has 95 years for the entire squad. So, say you pick up a player and assign him 3 years. That player is yours for 3 years unless you cut him. Once that 3 years is up he becomes a restricted free agent to which everyone may bid on him, but you have the ability to match the bid. 

Taxi squad is similar to an NFL practice squad or development squad. You have a limited number of roster spots (we have 12) where you can stash developmental rookie players for up to 3 years without having to assign them a contract. Only rookies are eligible to move to the taxi squad and if you decide to active that player with a contract he is no longer eligible for the taxi squad. 

Edited by rajncajn

LordOpie    1,407

One nice part of the taxi squad is that you can activate the player before game time if starting player gets hurt in warm ups, it's Monday night and you have no other options and need the points

Wpob    139

Mike Williams - Chargers.  Looks like a completely lost season for him due to injury but the talent is there and no one stepped up as the #2 guy behind Keenan Allen.  I pushed all in on Tyrell Williams this season and it looks like they are not as high on him as I thought.  Mike W. will be given every chance to win the #2 job in the off season.