[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who will be the 2018 studs?

1fastdoc

10 hours ago, Def. said:

You don't have to justify to me, if that's what you consider a dynasty league then that's all that matters.   

If I'm off in my definition I'd appreciate clarification. This is the first time we've done the dynasty thing and I'm the commish. It's a work in progress. 

I Believe a proper Dynasty league is a very deep bench, usually multiple IR slots and a league where you keep or at least have the option to keep ALL of your players. Drafts are usually rookies only. A Keeper league  limits or caps the amount of players you are allowed to keep, that restriction alone makes it not a dynasty league I'd imagine. Drafts are all available players the following year.

1 hour ago, Inziladun said:

I Believe a proper Dynasty league is a very deep bench, usually multiple IR slots and a league where you keep or at least have the option to keep ALL of your players. Drafts are usually rookies only. A Keeper league  limits or caps the amount of players you are allowed to keep, that restriction alone makes it not a dynasty league I'd imagine. Drafts are all available players the following year.

This was exactly my plan. 

But it turns out that yahoo doesn't allow reducing the number of roster spots after the draft. 

The option the Yahoo rep gave me was to expand to 25, rookie draft, and then have guys cut back to 20. At that point I'd write all the players down, scrap all the rosters and then manually enter 200 players into a 20 player roster. Screw that. I could expand to 25 and enforce a 20 cap but it would allow people to temporarily roster a 21st before dropping a player, affecting the waiver wire. 

On 11/17/2017 at 11:31 AM, Inziladun said:

My 16 team dynasty has 35 player active rosters, full Individual Defensive Players (IDP), a 12 player Taxi Squad, player contracts, free agency, restricted free agency and a yearly 8 round (128 player) rookie only draft. Which also kinda makes me chuckle when I open these threads because the majority of the players mentioned are already on active rosters or stashed on someone's taxi squad.

On 11/20/2017 at 5:01 PM, rajncajn said:

My 16 team dynasty has 35 player active rosters, full Individual Defensive Players (IDP), a 12 player Taxi Squad, player contracts, free agency, restricted free agency and a yearly 8 round (128 player) rookie only draft. Which also kinda makes me chuckle when I open these threads because the majority of the players mentioned are already on active rosters or stashed on someone's taxi squad.

Holy crap. What is a taxi squad and how do you have contracts?? 

50 minutes ago, 1fastdoc said:

Holy crap. What is a taxi squad and how do you have contracts?? 

When you pick up a player via free agency, you assign him contract years of which you have a cap. Our league has 95 years for the entire squad. So, say you pick up a player and assign him 3 years. That player is yours for 3 years unless you cut him. Once that 3 years is up he becomes a restricted free agent to which everyone may bid on him, but you have the ability to match the bid. 

Taxi squad is similar to an NFL practice squad or development squad. You have a limited number of roster spots (we have 12) where you can stash developmental rookie players for up to 3 years without having to assign them a contract. Only rookies are eligible to move to the taxi squad and if you decide to active that player with a contract he is no longer eligible for the taxi squad. 

Edited by rajncajn

Mike Williams - Chargers.  Looks like a completely lost season for him due to injury but the talent is there and no one stepped up as the #2 guy behind Keenan Allen.  I pushed all in on Tyrell Williams this season and it looks like they are not as high on him as I thought.  Mike W. will be given every chance to win the #2 job in the off season.