[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Playoff Stashes?

CowboysDiehard

I noticed today that D'onta Foreman was in the free agent pool (not surprising), and also noticed that Houston hosts SF in week 14.  I'm looking good to make the playoffs in that league, but not good enough for a bye.  I figured it was worth setting him aside now to see if he has a shot by week 14 for additional work.  Good chance that he and Miller are a two-headed monster in that game, given the QB situation and matchup.  We have a deep bench in that league, so it's reasonable to make this move.

What other off the radar players do you guys see out there with decent matchups in weeks 14-16 (maybe even 13) who are worth a stash?

18 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

I haven't cut him either.  If Johnson does come back, I'll start him his first week back without hesitation.  At this point, it is looking 50/50 that he comes back.

For some reason, when I read this thread title, the guy in your avatar was the first thing that came to mind.  Not as a stash, but for his stache.  :lol:

• Haha 1

Josh Gordon/Corey Coleman

Also consider Ekeler. There seems to be an interesting transition happening with the Chargers running game. It may be nothing, but it may be something.

Ekeler saw 15 touches to Melvin Gordon's 21, and it was Ekeler who was getting the meaningful reps late in the fourth quarter as the Chargers were trying to kill the clock. However, Ekeler had a bad lost fumble deep in his own territory with 1:28 left on the clock and the Chargers clinging to a 17-14 lead. Ekeler was let off the hook by Blake Bortles, who then threw an interception. But the coaches didn't go back to Ekeler, instead reinserting Gordon on the next possession and in overtime. 

You have to wonder if they would have stayed with Ekeler if he didn't fumble because he was WAY out performing Gordon.

Austin Ekeler, a rookie UDFA, totaled 119 yards and two touchdowns on 15 touches. Gordon couldn't do much of anything, while Ekeler ran circles around him.

They have a fairly easy playoff lineup.

Redskins

Chiefs

Jets

Edited by Alphashado
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Gopher said:

For some reason, when I read this thread title, the guy in your avatar was the first thing that came to mind.  Not as a stash, but for his stache.  :lol:

Haha...when I thought of the title for this thread, I almost wrote "I must stash..."  Then I thought better of it since I'm a few decades past 12. :D

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Alphashado said:

Josh Gordon/Corey Coleman

Also consider Ekeler. There seems to be an interesting transition happening with the Chargers running game. It may be nothing, but it may be something.

Ekeler saw 15 touches to Melvin Gordon's 21, and it was Ekeler who was getting the meaningful reps late in the fourth quarter as the Chargers were trying to kill the clock. However, Ekeler had a bad lost fumble deep in his own territory with 1:28 left on the clock and the Chargers clinging to a 17-14 lead. Ekeler was let off the hook by Blake Bortles, who then threw an interception. But the coaches didn't go back to Ekeler, instead reinserting Gordon on the next possession and in overtime. 

You have to wonder if they would have stayed with Ekeler if he didn't fumble because he was WAY out performing Gordon.

Austin Ekeler, a rookie UDFA, totaled 119 yards and two touchdowns on 15 touches. Gordon couldn't do much of anything, while Ekeler ran circles around him.

They have a fairly easy playoff lineup.

Redskins

Chiefs

Jets

I noticed this and I did pick this guy up last week.  He hails from a high school a few miles north of my home town (Eaton HS...and no, their mascot isn't the Beavers) as well, so definitely rooting for him.