[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Hedi Game

mikepr

The networks do still cut away from blowouts and other games as required by contract. Also over time they realized they needed to allocate over 3 hours for a game. Even CBS finally gave up trying to have 60 Minutes start at 7PM, when their second game was starting at 4:25

12 hours ago, Tripleshot said:

How about a backwards Heidi? Last weekend I got to watch an hour of a Camping World Truck Racing series race in Phoenix cut into FX1's coverage of the Washington - Stanford game because, I don't know, truck racing equals big time ratings. They ran over because of crashes that led them to stop the race to clean up the track before restarting. Then after they finally restarted they made all of 3-4 laps before another crash stopped the race again. Supposedly they moved the football game over to FX2 but a lot of good that did as Comcast doesn't offer FX2 in any channel lineup. (Why didn't they just move the damn truck race?) I'm sure Fox Sports and Comcast got an earful. While waiting for the race to end I was able to determine that Johnny Sauter is a top 3 PPR (Point Per Restart) pick in next year's truck racing fantasy draft. Seriously, truck racing? Because car racing is too plain now? How long before SUV racing? I guess you can only keep a redneck entertained so long (unless you give them beer and explosives).

Fox is horrible with extending coverage of NASCAR type racing into some other event and messing you up. What if I'm not home and I'm recording something which is preempted, I cannot change the channel. NFL is probably the only thing they wouldn't mess with.

I used to work with a guy who would recap NASCAR by each bottle of beer he drank that day.. they finally started when I was on my 2nd beer , on my 14th beer x overtook y for the lead, another lead change on my 20th....   they arr driving in a damn circle...( i dont get it)

24 minutes ago, millworkguy said:

I used to work with a guy who would recap NASCAR by each bottle of beer he drank that day.. they finally started when I was on my 2nd beer , on my 14th beer x overtook y for the lead, another lead change on my 20th....   they arr driving in a damn circle...( i dont get it)

That's pretty damn impressive.  I watch it in the summer in my garage (have it on TV is more apt, I don't sit and watch).  Most Mondays I cannot tell you who won.  And I usually don't make it all the way up to 14 beers.

CSB time....when I first moved to CO, I flipped on the TV to watch the game at 11.  There was nothing but infomercials on both networks.  I thought WTF is wrong with this state, no early games this week?  Turned out it was daylight savings time...