[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Greg Olsen

Gourdeau

Are we to expect 100% mobility? I know zero about broken bones or the recovery/ pain. I thought I've seen it mentioned here before that bones typically heal stronger than they were originally? Maybe im mistaken. Got a decision to make on who to drop to pick up a def and im leaning ASJ as i have Olsen and Vernon Davis. If its likely that olsen will not be limited ill roll with him 

I don't know about any of that, but I do know that he was pretty impressive in the booth yesterday.  I would go as far as to say that he's better than Romo, and I don't think Romo is all that bad. either (the predicting plays schtick just got old after about a quarter).  

I'm interested to see what happens.  He had a very slow start this season (although it was a very small sample size.... 6 targets, 3 catches, 28 yards in about 5 1/2 quarters of football), but a lot has changed for the Panthers during his absence.  No Benjamin, Samuel is out, etc.  So, my initial thought was that Olsen will probably have a,far greater "football value" than fantasy value, given his lack of production early on.  After all, he is definitely a leader of the team, and having him back on the field is huge, whether he's catching balls or not.  But, they may have to lean on him to move the chains at times, simply due to a lack of other weapons on the field.  Other than Funchess and McCaffreey, they don't have much in the passing game right now.  

I'm tempering my expectations.  Just because he's returning doesn't mean he's an automatic top-five TE.  That said, if he averages a meager 3 catches per game and gets a TD or two in the next month, that's probably enough to make him a low-end TE1 at worst.  Outside of a group of 4-5 guys, the TE position has been a pretty inconsistent bunch all year.  So, if you're struggling at TE, like a lot of us have been, he's probably worth throwing into your starting lineup.  If not in his first week back, probably the next.  

Yeah not starting him his first week back and all sounds good on paper but honestly who are you going to roll with instead? If you already had a good tightend you probably don't have Olsen on your team as well. Might as well play him and hope for the best. Better than options like Fiedororwicz.

I would definitely NOT start him over Gronk, Ertz, Kelce.  The next group, for me, is Graham, Engram, Walker, ASJ, and Doyle.  Probably not starting him over those guys until I see production that I can't pass up.  

That leaves guys like Brate and Witten (both have been very all-or-nothing from week to week), Rudolph (consistent but not spectacular), and Davis (who depends on Reed).  I think those depend on matchups.

So, unless your starting TE currently is somebody outside of the top 10-12, I don't think Olsen is a no-brainer.  If I'm rolling out Jared Cook, Tyler Kroft, or Austin Hooper on a weekly basis, then sure.... I'm probably looking to start Olsen sooner than later.  But, for the others that I listed above, I would need to see some production before I just assume that Olsen is going to outscore those guys.  

Edited by Gopher