[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

RIP Terry Glenn

Wolverines Fan

12 hours ago, LuckyBub said:

Yeah, I saw that. Quite a shock. Didn't even know his family background. Very sad. But he didn't wear a seat-belt??? Not a good idea to go without your seat-belt.

I never understood why people make comments like this. It's like saying he asked for it. Anyways, may his soul rest in peace.

Edited by Shaft

28 minutes ago, Shaft said:

I never understood why people make comments like this. It's like saying he asked for it. Anyways, may his soul rest in peace.

Maybe people make these comments because we want people to increase their chances of living, so they live a long time. It is what it is when people make stupid decisions, whether it's not wearing a seat-belt or driving drunk or participating in road rage over something completely ridiculous or something else.

15 minutes ago, LuckyBub said:

Maybe people make these comments because we want people to increase their chances of living, so they live a long time. It is what it is when people make stupid decisions, whether it's not wearing a seat-belt or driving drunk or participating in road rage over something completely ridiculous or something else.

Then re-articulate it so it comes across that way instead of implying "he asked for it." This is a "RIP" thread, not a "stupid decision for not wearing your seat-belt." I'll leave it alone, it's your opinion and many others share it. Just one of my few irritations when something sad happens and people look for ways to say "they asked for it." 

Back to fantasy football.... 

3 hours ago, Shaft said:

Then re-articulate it so it comes across that way instead of implying "he asked for it." This is a "RIP" thread, not a "stupid decision for not wearing your seat-belt." I'll leave it alone, it's your opinion and many others share it. Just one of my few irritations when something sad happens and people look for ways to say "they asked for it." 

YOU were the one that took it to mean that. I can't be responsible for how you take my words and twist them. I was merely making this a learning experience for us all, which was what I was IMPLYING. If you want to twist my words, then I can't stop you. But that doesn't mean I won't respond back. Maybe this sad incident is a reminder that we shouldn't take life for granted and that we should learn from past experiences.

5 hours ago, Shaft said:

I'm not getting any "he asked for it" vibe from the words LuckyBob used. No reason for him to re-articulate it to suit you.

As for it being a RIP thread, its a thread about an athlete that died, its not a condolence gust book at the funeral home. I doubt his family or close friends are reading it, or care what we think.

I think one reason people mention it is some of these tragedies may be avoidable with simple actions. Kids shot accidentally because somebody left a gun around, tragic yes, but also gets me angry because it didn't need to happen.