[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thoughts on limiting Rb/Wr

Ootter

So one of the leagues I am in has a limit of 4 rb and 4 wr. Due to some complaints last year that the top 4 teams has too many "good" wr and rbs. Thoughts on limiting positions? The couple guys complaining, claim the competitive leagues they play in all have limits to make the game harder. Is that true? I only play in work leagues and a few family and friend leagues, 10 or 20 dollar buy in nothing insane. 

I’m in 3 different leagues that all have different scoring set ups. 2 of them are 10 team and 1 is a 12 team. None of them have limits on the number of RBs or WRs, and it doesn’t cause an issue with the competition. I think it depends on the number of bench spots you allow more than limiting positions. You shouldn’t be punished for being good at drafting or picking up good depth.

• Like 1

In my 12 team ppr league you have the option of starting 2 rb & 3 wr  or you can start 1 rb & 4 wr each week. Our line up has the usual starting positions plus a flex spot which you can start a rb, wr, or te. You have to really prepare well for the draft and be able to get out in front of the runs. Also have no bench restrictions. Our bench limit is 7 players. Total roster has 17 players. There are no bench issues and there is also a lot of trading in my league.

i don't love position limits.  with the current state of the nfl (byes, injuries, rbbc) i do not believe that owners should have to drop players to get a starting player with a pulse.  18-20 player roster with no limits.  either play the ww or trade. isn't the goal to acquire the most talented players?

Those are all thoughts I agree with completely . People were just upset that they couldn't get good players later in the year when they failed to draft or acquire them before they blew up. What I want it to start handcuffing my lead backs (bell and gurely) but I'm not dropping other starting rbs  (Doug Martin or Joe mixon) for a back up that won't play. Though with the way they are playing I am about to.