LordOpie

Thomas rawls benched?

Recommended Posts

LordOpie    1,404

Anyone know what happened? Mike Davis was a decent prospect a few years back. Finally getting his chance? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bobby Brown    264

Rawls has had numerous runs, when the O line is able to block, where he has ran right into the defense.  They were ready to phase him out a couple weeks ago and then Fat Lacy got hurt.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gourdeau    147

Been Davis all night, he just got hurt, didn't look good. Looking like JD Mckissic getting his shot now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
loaf    820

I don't think it matters who they have at RB...it's the Wilson show

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stevegrab    827
3 hours ago, loaf said:

I don't think it matters who they have at RB...it's the Wilson show

 

He is by far the Seahawks leading rusher this year, he was 3rd last year (Michael-469, Rawls-349, Wilson 259).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gourdeau    147

I think Mckissik provides the most big play potential.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
boltnlava    128

I think it's an embarrassing situation when the rest of the team is so playoff ready. It was known these rbs would suck and all they did was get Cheese Burger Eddie. This is on Carroll or his lack of push for a rb that can survive the O line.  A rb that can get yards is all they needed to make it work. Over confidence killed their season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bobby Brown    264
6 hours ago, boltnlava said:

I think it's an embarrassing situation when the rest of the team is so playoff ready. It was known these rbs would suck and all they did was get Cheese Burger Eddie. This is on Carroll or his lack of push for a rb that can survive the O line.  A rb that can get yards is all they needed to make it work. Over confidence killed their season.

 

Run defense and QB play is good; WR play decent, the rest of the team really isn't.  Their defense looses a lot of effectiveness with Sherman, Avril, and Chancellor out for the season.  Further, Eddie Lacy was one part of a RBBC at the beginning of the year; and Chris Carson looked legitimate before he broke his leg in Week 3.

 

Chris Carson - out for year

CJ Prosise - out for year

Eddie Lacy/Thomas Rawls - missed multiple games due to injury.

 

McKissic and Davis don't appear to be mincemeat; but the latter is hurt also.

 

Going into week 1, the Hawks weren't exactly void of talent at RB with no chance of decent production. Over confidence in the O-line?  Sure, but they've lost a ton of guys to injury there also, including their starting LT in pre-season.  This team has been hit with injuries.  They may still playoff worthy now; but that is primarily because of Wilson is capable of making up for deficiencies on the rest of the team. 

Edited by Bobby Brown

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
boltnlava    128
13 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

 

Run defense and QB play is good; WR play decent, the rest of the team really isn't.  Their defense looses a lot of effectiveness with Sherman, Avril, and Chancellor out for the season.  Further, Eddie Lacy was one part of a RBBC at the beginning of the year; and Chris Carson looked legitimate before he broke his leg in Week 3.

 

Chris Carson - out for year

CJ Prosise - out for year

Eddie Lacy/Thomas Rawls - missed multiple games due to injury.

 

McKissic and Davis don't appear to be mincemeat; but the latter is hurt also.

 

Going into week 1, the Hawks weren't exactly void of talent at RB with no chance of decent production. Over confidence in the O-line?  Sure, but they've lost a ton of guys to injury there also, including their starting LT in pre-season.  This team has been hit with injuries.  They may still playoff worthy now; but that is primarily because of Wilson is capable of making up for deficiencies on the rest of the team. 

Those D injuries were after the fact. The rb injuries were after they went nowhere first. They traded or let go OL that apparently they needed.  Just saying they knew Rawls wasn't the answer and went and got Eddie. Whom it was well known has more desire for Chinese food than to play football. CJ was taking Rawls' snaps for awhile that's how good Rawls was. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bobby Brown    264
6 hours ago, boltnlava said:

Those D injuries were after the fact. The rb injuries were after they went nowhere first. 

Meh, your recollection of events is selective.  When Chris Carson got his first start in week 2, he nearly got  100 yards.  He got hurt early on in Week 4.  Thomas Rawls averaged over 5 YPC his rookie season and to say insinuate that the he wasn't potentially considered to be an effective RB in 2017 is just flat out incorrect.  The injuries on both sides of the ball happened early and often.  And regardless of the timing of those injuries,  they have had a huge impact on the team being 'playoff ready' in multiple positions.

Edited by Bobby Brown

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
boltnlava    128

Is Chris Carson the answer then? Last year was last year ..with a different ol ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alphashado    77

It's hard to understand what happened to Rawls. I drafted him this year and hung on to him WAY longer than I should have because I remember how good he was a couple years ago when healthy. He was a machine.

 

I understand the O line is bad, but Rawls just seems to be making bad decisions. He's very impatient and he's not seeing the holes when the do open up. He has plenty of energy and seems to be fast enough, but his vision and decision making is severely lacking.

 

My personal conclusion is that he can be a great player if the O line can open some decent holes, but he's not nearly good enough to take advantage of smaller openings or patient enough to wait for plays to develop.

 

It's a shame. I finally let him go last week and I won't look back. He's more suited to a team with a good offensive line and he could once again achieve greatness if he were to get traded elsewhere.

But with the current state of Seattle's O-line Rawls will not succeed on a regular basis if at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LordOpie    1,404
52 minutes ago, boltnlava said:

Is Chris Carson the answer then? Last year was last year ..with a different ol ...

Considering he's currently in IR...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bobby Brown    264
47 minutes ago, boltnlava said:

Is Chris Carson the answer then? Last year was last year ..with a different ol ...

Maybe.  My main point is they've invested a fair amount of stock in RB over the last 2 to 3 years.   It was arguably a decent RBBC  coming into the year with considerable depth.  It wasn't a position that was ignored despite the lack of results on Sundays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bobby Brown    264
17 minutes ago, Alphashado said:

It's hard to understand what happened to Rawls. I drafted him this year and hung on to him WAY longer than I should have because I remember how good he was a couple years ago when healthy. He was a machine.

 

I understand the O line is bad, but Rawls just seems to be making bad decisions. He's very impatient and he's not seeing the holes when the do open up. He has plenty of energy and seems to be fast enough, but his vision and decision making is severely lacking.

 

My personal conclusion is that he can be a great player if the O line can open some decent holes, but he's not nearly good enough to take advantage of smaller openings or patient enough to wait for plays to develop.

 

It's a shame. I finally let him go last week and I won't look back. He's more suited to a team with a good offensive line and he could once again achieve greatness if he were to get traded elsewhere.

But with the current state of Seattle's O-line Rawls will not succeed on a regular basis if at all.

Agreed although Rawls was able to produce 2 years ago when Lynch really wasn't.  Rawls is apparently getting his shot again due to necessity.  Tom Cable was on record as saying he needs to let the game slow down and stop trying so hard.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alphashado    77
9 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

Agreed although Rawls was able to produce 2 years ago when Lynch really wasn't.  Rawls is apparently getting his shot again due to necessity.  Tom Cable was on record as saying he needs to let the game slow down and stop trying so hard.  

 

I was optimistic the 1st time I heard that about 3 or 4 weeks ago. I figured they were working on developing his patience and vision to deal with a bad O line and they might get it under control.

So I kept him.

Then he got the official start. Lacy was hurt. There was no competition.

And he still sucked.

Now once again they are saying he needs more patience. Meh, I'm done with the guy. I picked up Ekelar who has way more potential down the stretch. He's been out performing Gordon on a per-touch average for some time now and might get more opportunity.

I really like Rawls. He won me more than a few matchups a couple years ago. But I have to admit that he's been a total bust and drafting him in the 7th round this year is part of the reason I'm struggling to make the playoffs. I swung and missed on both him and Gillislee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.