[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Which trade for a WR1 should I take in a keeper league?

shnugen27

0.5 PPR Keeper League. 

I'm in 2nd place and looking to make a Championship run this year without dismantling my keepers for next year.  I've been trying to get a top flight WR1 for the past few weeks and nobody has been biting. 

Finally with the trade deadline approaching, I have three offers that I'm sitting on to pull the trigger on:

1) Lamar Miller (2nd) and 6th round pick for Mike Evans (2nd)

2) Hilton, Gore, and 6th round pick for Julio Jones (1st) and Rashard Matthews (or Devin Funchess) - both around 10th round.

3) Hilton, Latavius Murray, and Jax Defense for Landry (6th), Mixon (4th), and Jason Witten 

My RBs are: Gordon, Miller, Martin, Gore, Morris, L. Murray, and Perine.

My WRs are Cooks, Hilton, Sanders, and Woods (who is feared out a few weeks).

Which one should I take? 

My inclination is to go with (2) 

Edited by shnugen27

1 minute ago, Inziladun said:

I kinda like the Mike Evans trade the best.

Yea I like Evans the most out of all of the WRs here, but I'd loose my RB2 stability with Miller. I'd have to play Murray, Perine, Gore, or Martin based on matchups and I'd never really feel secure in my RB2. Miller has such a high floor that it's safe, but I see the appeal of Evans.

Sorry I guess I missed the part where you were still in contention. In that case I'd a little more weary of the trade. I just think it's the best long term out of the 3 options. If you're still hoping for a Championship run then it may be worth taking the gamble on Julio since that provides the most value without giving up on your team. I'm just shying away from him in Keeper leagues at this point, he's getting older and the Falcons look like a mess this year, makes it hard to trust them next year.

That being said I'm pretty high on TY Hilton for next year, so it may end up being a wash or even a loss if he ends up balling out next year.

Edited by Inziladun

12 minutes ago, Inziladun said:

Sorry I guess I missed the part where you were still in contention. In that case I'd a little more weary of the trade. I just think it's the best long term out of the 3 options. If you're still hoping for a Championship run then it may be worth taking the gamble on Julio since that provides the most value without giving up on your team. I'm just shying away from him in Keeper leagues at this point, he's getting older and the Falcons look like a mess this year, makes it hard to trust them next year.

That being said I'm pretty high on TY Hilton for next year, so it may end up being a wash or even a loss if he ends up balling out next year.

Yea sorry if that wasn't clear. I'm in 2nd place so definitely gearing from a championship run. I agree that it's the best long term deal, but I'm scared to take the hit this year.

Julio's schedule is pretty good down the stretch - TB, Vikings, NO, TB, NO. I really just need a high floor WR2 given my team's balance.

I like Hilton next year too, but he was my 1st round pick so I'm not keeping him since I have Cooks as a 3rd and Gordon as a 7th.

40 minutes ago, Inziladun said:

Ah yeah, Hilton definitely isn't worth a 1st round pick. In that case Julio is better off helping you out this year and is a better value for your first round pick than Hilton is for sure.

Thanks! I'll try and swing the Julio deal today. 

Edit - Just got Julio, Rishard Matthews and a late round pick for Hilton, Gore, Morris, and a 6th rounder. Thanks man! Quite happy since I needed WR depth and have 7 RBs. haha.

Edited by shnugen27

11 minutes ago, Montana is da Man said:

Good move man, that's a great trade for you

Thanks! I was so sick and tired of Hilton. Although Julio hasn't scored much, he seems to have a really high and stable floor around 8-12, which is good for a WR2. 

You mind looking at my team to see if I need to make anymore moves? 

Edited by shnugen27