Sign in to follow this  
michaelredd9

Vernon Davis this Thanksgiving

michaelredd9    814

It looks like Vernon will get the start again.  Opposing tight ends has scored an average of 19.45 points against the Giants this season which is the most in the NFL by a wide margin.  In only one week this season has an opposing tight end not scored more than 10 fantasy points against the Giants.  Has a tight end ever won the Turkey Leg Award?

Edited by michaelredd9

loaf    820

I would have to either start him over Gronk or Christian McCaffery or Demarco Murray...

Murray might be the odd man out but every time I sit him, he goes off.

tazinib1    916

I need a big game from Vernon this week. Please make this your 20pt game

CowboysDiehard    317
2 hours ago, loaf said:

I would have to either start him over Gronk or Christian McCaffery or Demarco Murray...

Murray might be the odd man out but every time I sit him, he goes off.

Isn't that the damn truth.  I have both him and Henry in one league...I'll never do that again.  :pullhair:

indyrckstar    12

I have been using Vernon for the last couple of weeks.  This week, I just got back Greg Olsen.   I was planning to start Greg but the decision is a tough one.

peoplehater    7
38 minutes ago, indyrckstar said:

I have been using Vernon for the last couple of weeks.  This week, I just got back Greg Olsen.   I was planning to start Greg but the decision is a tough one.

I have the same dilemma, is Olson a lock to play? he says he is playing but he is still listed on the IR

dougsul    35

Here is one more on the Vernon train this week.  He has had been pretty consistent this year and we could not ask for a better matchup.  GO Vernon!!!!!!

boltnlava    128

Vernon has be a ww godsend for me....let's hope no jinx.

Gourdeau    148
44 minutes ago, BrockStaysHigh said:

Im playing olsen and vernon as my flex lol.

Dito! 

oG1KeNoBi    107
51 minutes ago, BrockStaysHigh said:

Yeah a guy in one of my leagues Has Ertz in the TE slot and Davis in the FLEX. I think it's a good play.

Just to give you some perspective, this is who he's leaving in the bench to play Davis in .5 ppr:

D. Murray 

D. Williams

J. Williams

Hogan 

Woodhead 

Goodwin 

And I think I would do the same thing. Sitting D. Murray when he's facing the Colts would be a difficult decision for me though. 

Dcat    125
18 hours ago, BrockStaysHigh said:

and the Jets absolutely suck defending the TE

(but not as bad as the Giants).  Its going to be a TE turkey fest against the NY teams this week. 

Edited by Dcat

Gourdeau    148

0 targets in 1st Q, wasnt on the filed on the 3rd down I saw

Bier Meister    126

Did he get hurt?  Good coverage?  How was he not part of the game plan?

Gourdeau    148

His snap count was massive, pretty much every snap. 1 target. I hate Fantasy

Cowboyz1    495

0,0,0. They didn't even try to throw it his way. Kept him in to block the entire game. Thought he was going to be in the top 5 in stats this week among TEs. WRONG. Had him in daily and it cost me A LOT of money. Could have been in the real money but 157 points just doesn't cut it.

indyrckstar    12

So my buddy and I share a team and I had Olsen in the entire time.  My buddy convinced me to change it to Vernon in the lineup.  He was giving me stat lines and so forth..   Eventually, with about 20 minutes before kickoff, I inserted Vernon.

Tomorrow, I am kicking by buddy off the team or at the very least, he owes me lunch for that F up.  

The only good thing from yesterday was Adam Theilen and Keenan Allen produced some points.

1fastdoc    44

Dropped Brate for him in one league, which I was predicted to win. Now I'll probably lose. Based on the schedule my TE slot will likely be what boots me out of the playoffs. Reed, Brate, now Davis. 

Tried to trade for him in another but the owner held on tight. Played Henry for 18 points so at least there's that. 

DMD    331

I went through the game again just to see what happened to him. He was open on several occasions that Cousins was looking the other way. He was on the field and running routes. The Skins usually had four or five receivers to choose from and he just opted to go elsewhere. Perine had three catches and usually has just one. But there was no Thompson on the field either.  The Giants were not committing anything special to Davis that I could see. Corners stayed in the corners. Just an odd game.

Bier Meister    126
3 hours ago, DMD said:

I went through the game again just to see what happened to him. He was open on several occasions that Cousins was looking the other way. He was on the field and running routes. The Skins usually had four or five receivers to choose from and he just opted to go elsewhere. Perine had three catches and usually has just one. But there was no Thompson on the field either.  The Broncos were not committing anything special to Davis that I could see. Corners stayed in the corners. Just an odd game.

NYG

yeah, he was out there just had very few targets.  must have done cousin's wife.