[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jimmy G throws TD on 49ers final drive

Montana is da Man

3 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

why wasn't he starting today?

SF front office actually thinks that Bethard could be the future :o

You made a big trade for Jimmy G.  They should have started him this game and hopefully ROS to make sure he is the future.  

• Thanks 1

not sure i would want to risk injury for a lost season, on a team with few weapons.

only played 3 downs, but i like how he bought himself time (extended plays) while moving through the progressions.

Edited by Bier Meister

23 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

I hate when teams imply that. If the guy has skill, then they need to adjust the scheme to him. Don't force a square peg into a round hole... or just don't draft/acquire the guy.

Like how DEN OC McCoy was fired. If he didn't tailor the scheme to the QB, then he should've been fire.

The team didn't imply that, I said it MIGHT be the reason. You have a desire to know why, so I offered once possibility. I really have no idea, neither do most other people.

There's no square peg / round hole scenario at play, at least not yet.

• Confused 1

21 hours ago, LordOpie said:

and they need to know if garrapolo is the future or if they need to draft someone.

Agreed, give the guy a look, why trade for him and not do that?  I like Bethard and Garraetc has a very small sample size, but on that drive he just looked "legit."  Bethard mostly doesn't.  He looks like a guy working hard and making the most with what he has, but what he has is limited.

Edited by BeeR
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, LordOpie said:

which is why they very much need to play him. Looks like DEN is back in the QB market. SF needs to find out if they are too.

Meh.  They obviously are going to give him a full season to make that decision and don't want to lessen their draft stock.  They don't "need" to do anything this year.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, BeeR said:

They don't need to see if he's the real deal?  OK........

6 minutes ago, Trojanmojo said:

Isn't Jimmy G an UFA after the season?  If so, why wait?  Wouldn't they want to have a better idea if he's worth re-signing?  

the team has so many holes, not sure how  playing him would accurately measure his talent this year.  they are seeing him at practices. not worth risking injury and lowering draft pick.

54 minutes ago, Trojanmojo said:

Isn't Jimmy G an UFA after the season?  If so, why wait?  Wouldn't they want to have a better idea if he's worth re-signing?  

I see the strategy of giving him a modest extension, or worse case scenario, tag him for a 1 year prove it contract.  They should have ample cap space for it.

• Like 1

On 11/28/2017 at 3:31 PM, iahawks17 said:

Beathard never stood a chance. He just got thrown to the wolves and jimmy will get pounded just like Beathard did. SF has no offensive line. Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers wouldn’t have a .500 record with that team.

You may be correct in saying that... We can talk about Alex Smith as an example why it's crucial to have a decent O-line. Ya know?

Jimmy Garoppolo starts tomorrow in his home state on Soldier Field. He's gonna be just fine. (would you start him?)

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, indyrckstar said:

After watching him the last few weeks including today's performance, I am a believer.  Could be a good QB sleeper to draft in later rounds for next year.

hes going to be more than a sleeper...and by the time next year rolls around he will prob be getting quite a bit of love.....but I think you will still be able to get him later and hed be a great 2nd qb to draft

• Like 1