Montana is da Man

Jimmy G throws TD on 49ers final drive

Recommended Posts

After watching him the last few weeks including today's performance, I am a believer.  Could be a good QB sleeper to draft in later rounds for next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/28/2017 at 6:31 PM, iahawks17 said:

Beathard never stood a chance. He just got thrown to the wolves and jimmy will get pounded just like Beathard did.

Or not.

 

Attaboy Jimmy, win SF down a draft slot or 2  :tup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, indyrckstar said:

After watching him the last few weeks including today's performance, I am a believer.  Could be a good QB sleeper to draft in later rounds for next year.

hes going to be more than a sleeper...and by the time next year rolls around he will prob be getting quite a bit of love.....but I think you will still be able to get him later and hed be a great 2nd qb to draft

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

hes going to be more than a sleeper...and by the time next year rolls around he will prob be getting quite a bit of love.....but I think you will still be able to get him later and hed be a great 2nd qb to draft

i guess it depends on what contract he lands in the off-season. Is he an unrestricted FA? If so, getting tagged or a good deal will boost his stock very high

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

i guess it depends on what contract he lands in the off-season. Is he an unrestricted FA? If so, getting tagged or a good deal will boost his stock very high

yeah hes UFA......if kirk cousins can get the money he does this guy shouldn't have much of problem.....his showing so far cant hurt

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, BeeR said:

Or not.

 

Attaboy Jimmy, win SF down a draft slot or 2  :tup:

 

If SF can sign him to a long term deal than losing the two spots is well worth the investment to see what you actually have in him. Like I said to a co-worker, starting him is a win win, he either does well and you have your answer at QB so the loss of two spots on draft night wont be to bad, or he does horrible and you know that you should take a QB in the draft

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/18/2017 at 10:24 AM, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

hes going to be more than a sleeper...and by the time next year rolls around he will prob be getting quite a bit of love.....but I think you will still be able to get him later and hed be a great 2nd qb to draft

 

It'll be interesting to see what his fantasy adp will be next year.

 

After watching him gash the almighty Jags world's best pass defense, I'm targeting him in all my leagues next year.

 

 

Edited by Wolverines Fan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Montana is da Man said:

I am loving Jimmy G at QB.   He's driving his contract higher by the week

which begs the question... why would SF trade a 2nd round pick and not immediately negotiate a contract?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

which begs the question... why would SF trade a 2nd round pick and not immediately negotiate a contract?

 

Exactly.  Kirwan was talking about this in response to a caller on moving the chains the other day.  Niners will pony up for this guy.  No way they'll go the Cousins route with him...his number will climb fast.  They'll lock him down for sure.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

which begs the question... why would SF trade a 2nd round pick and not immediately negotiate a contract?

 

Great question.  It really made no sense.  The 49ers will lock him up after the season, but its going to cost them big time.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Montana is da Man said:

 

Great question.  It really made no sense.  The 49ers will lock him up after the season, but its going to cost them big time.

 

Purely speculation, but Lynch probably saw what happened with Glennon and didn’t wanna pay 16m a year for 4 years for a Matt Cassel 2.0. Now 22m a season for Matt Ryan lite is gonna look like a genius move regardless

 

ps Before you jump on me for my comp, the guy has still only played a handful of games, I just want a little more time before I call him Tommy Jr

Edited by jamesplante11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, jamesplante11 said:

 

Purely speculation, but Lynch probably saw what happened with Glennon and didn’t wanna pay 16m a year for 4 years for a Matt Cassel 2.0. Now 22m a season for Matt Ryan lite is gonna look like a genius move regardless

 

ps Before you jump on me for my comp, the guy has still only played a handful of games, I just want a little more time before I call him Tommy Jr

i actually think matt ryan kind of sucks.....but then again im pretty spoiled.....i just cant put him in there with rodgers, brady, brees and ben....not even close 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.