[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mike Tomlin

Gourdeau

If you never believed Mike Tomlin is an idiot and is a major factor in why the steelers seem unprepared against teams they should roll against, watch his pregrame interview woth Tony Dungy. So GD frustrating as a Steelers fan !! For those that didnt see it, Dungy aska him about the possible fire works in week 15 vs New england setting up the playoff picture... and instead of Tomlin saying you know we're really focused on Greenbay and the task for tonights game, he goes on a about how the week 15 games is just an appetizer for the PROBABLE 2nd meeting between them in January !!! Like wtf is wrong with you !

11 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

If you never believed Mike Tomlin is an idiot and is a major factor in why the steelers seem unprepared against teams they should roll against, watch his pregrame interview woth Tony Dungy. So GD frustrating as a Steelers fan !! For those that didnt see it, Dungy aska him about the possible fire works in week 15 vs New england setting up the playoff picture... and instead of Tomlin saying you know we're really focused on Greenbay and the task for tonights game, he goes on a about how the week 15 games is just an appetizer for the PROBABLE 2nd meeting between them in January !!! Like wtf is wrong with you !

I'd trade Jason Garrett to the Steelers for Tomlin.  In a heartbeat.  

I wouldn't ever make that trade but i don't think I'm wrong when I say there is something that just isn't buttoned up when you speak like that on national television. Lets give every other team that extra motivation to come out and punch us in the mouth. You would never hear Belichek say that ever.. he'd say we're focused on beating Greenbay.. right answer

Edited by Gourdeau

2 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

I wouldn't ever make that trade but i don't think I'm wrong when I say there is something that just isn't buttoned up when you speak like that on national television. Lets give every other team that extra motivation to come out and punch us in the mouth. You would never hear Belichek say that ever.. he'd say we're focused on beating Greenbay.. right answer

You can't compare him to one of the all time greats. I understand your frustration l, but it's still funny.;)

Certainly not comparing him in terms of coaching as a whole, but when you're the guy that is supposed to keep your team focused amd prepare them, and you yourself are looking ahead to an AFC title game and its week 12 ? Im just saying, take Belichek out of the equation.. i think most coaches would answer the question much differently and focus on the nights game

People think coaches and players need to always follow a script and repeat cliches.  What was he supposed to say, "we aren't looking to week 15, we are focused only on Green Bay right now"?  This is why interviews are so boring.  They never are allowed to say what they actually think but instead repeat the same dumb things over and over.  I think what Tomlin said shows confidence.  I don't think what Tomlin said will have any effect on anything whatsoever.  Games are decided on the field, not in interviews with Tony Dungy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

People think coaches and players need to always follow a script and repeat cliches.  What was he supposed to say, "we aren't looking to week 15, we are focused only on Green Bay right now"?  This is why interviews are so boring.  They never are allowed to say what they actually think but instead repeat the same dumb things over and over.  I think what Tomlin said shows confidence.  I don't think what Tomlin said will have any effect on anything whatsoever.  Games are decided on the field, not in interviews with Tony Dungy.

Interesting take .. I'd side with that if Tomlin and the steelers didn't have the history they have of continuously being underprepared for sub par teams and losing games they should win easily over the years.

23 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

Interesting take .. I'd side with that if Tomlin and the steelers didn't have the history they have of continuously being underprepared for sub par teams and losing games they should win easily over the years.

Good teams sometimes lose to bad teams on any given Sunday.  That is why they play the games.  Fans may feel like their team loses more than they should to bad teams but it probably is just homer emotions at play. Fans believe that their team should never lose to inferior competition but that isn't realistic.  The Steelers only have one loss to a sub-.500 team this year which was to the Bears.  The Jaguars loss might have felt bad at the time but it turns out they are a very solid team at 7-4.  Last year the Steelers only loss to a sub-.500 team was to the Eagles who ended up 7-9.  The Steelers have averaged more than 10 wins a season under Tomlin so they can't have lost that many games to subpar teams.  And given the choice I'd rather have a team that occasionally loses to inferior competition but beats superior competition than the reverse.

• Like 1

I get the feeling this was posted sometime during or after the Steelers weak showing against the Rodgersless Packers. I agree coaches and teams should be focused on the upcoming game but also bristle at the never ending cliches.

As far as Tomlin and his coaching, meh I've seen worse, many times.

13 minutes ago, michaelredd9 said:

Good teams sometimes lose to bad teams on any given Sunday.  That is why they play the games.  Fans may feel like their team loses more than they should to bad teams but it probably is just homer emotions at play. Fans believe that their team should never lose to inferior competition but that isn't realistic.  The Steelers only have one loss to a sub-.500 team this year which was to the Bears.  The Jaguars loss might have felt bad at the time but it turns out they are a very solid team at 7-4.  Last year the Steelers only loss to a sub-.500 team was to the Eagles who ended up 7-9.  The Steelers have averaged more than 10 wins a season under Tomlin so they can't have lost that many games to subpar teams.  And given the choice I'd rather have a team that occasionally loses to inferior competition but beats superior competition than the reverse.

For me the frustration comes in when they lose these ganes that end up costing them home field and byes .. but you're righr definitely homerism at play no doubt.. i wasn't specifically referring to this season.. i knew the jags would be tpugh with that def.. chicago was a shock but soldier field can be a tough place to win. 

2 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

I get the feeling this was posted sometime during or after the Steelers weak showing against the Rodgersless Packers. I agree coaches and teams should be focused on the upcoming game but also bristle at the never ending cliches.

As far as Tomlin and his coaching, meh I've seen worse, many times.

Posted at halftime yup.. oh i know there are way worse, don't get me wrong im gratefull to be a spoiled black and gold fan its just a little frustrating to see him answer that way.. i can be ok with him answering the dungy question about week 15 but he took it to far and brought up the AFC title game unprevoked. When you lump that in with the tripping incident, the AB facebook live, the bryant drama , the seemingly often underperformaces (given their talent the last 5 seasons) , i question the focus at times

• Thanks 1

Here is exactly what Tomlin said when Dungy asked for his thoughts on week 15

Tomlins answer:

“I’m going to embrace the elephant in the room,” Tomlin said. “There’s going to be fireworks. But it’s probably going to be part one. You know? . . .

“You’ll burn more fuel trying to pretend like that doesn’t exist than just to acknowledge the elephant in the room. Man, that’s going to be a big game. But probably if we’re both doing what we’re supposed to do, the second one is really going to be big and what happens in the first is going to set up the second one. It’s going to determine the location of the second one. You know?”

I was ok with it until that statement 

Edited by Gourdeau

10 minutes ago, Dcat said:

If you are not happy with Tomlin, please send him to the Jets.  At least send Todd Bowles far far away, preferably the CFL or the moon.

Todd Bowlesmovement was given the impossible task of coaching a team that was intentionally tanking.  I feel bad for him.  Speaking of bowel movements, does anyone else always think "turd cutter" when they hear Dirk Koetter's name?  Well if you didn't before, you will now.

• Haha 2