[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keenum Train

Rbgb

I AM IN A 2QB LEAGUE

Wondering how long this train will keep chugging.

A WW pick up for my Wentz bye has turned into my starter for the past 3 weeks and with the mess going on at Buffalo and Palmer unlikely to return and Luck much more unlikely to return I'm left with the 3rd stringer for ROS. Fortunately for me it couldn't have come at a better time averaging 27.5pts over the past 3 games.

I'm hoping they ride him out the rest of the year and play it safe with Bridgewater.

Edited by Rbgb

Keenum has truly been a Bridge over troubled Water.  He has completed 66.1% of his passes, has 14 touchdowns against only 5 interceptions, and has been sacked an absurdly low 7 times.  He would have to have 3 or 4 bad games in a row for Mike Zimmer to even consider benching him.  Even then he probably wouldn't get benched for a middling talent quarterback that hasn't played since 2015.  The Vikings are going to have a very difficult decision next year choosing who is going to be their starting quarterback.  I think I would re-sign Keenum and have Teddy be backup.

Edited by michaelredd9
  • Like 1

Given that the next two games are pretty tough road contests, Keenum would have to play pretty poorly for Zimmer to even consider replacing him.  In other words, I think they could lose to both CAR and ATL, and Keenum would most likely still keep the starting job.  It may not take four bad outings for him to be in danger of losing his job, but it would take more than two road losses against likely playoff-bound teams.  The last thing Minnesota needs is to be the next Buffalo Bills.  As in, don't ruin a good thing by making an unnecessary change (if it ain't broke, don't fix it).  

All of that said, Keenum is bound to have a dud of a game sooner or later.  So, while keeping the job may be an almost certainty in the near future, that doesn't necessarily mean fantasy-production will come with it. 

2 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

Keenum has truly been a Bridge over troubled Water.  He has completed 66.1% of his passes, has 14 touchdowns against only 5 interceptions, and has been sacked an absurdly low 7 times.  He would have to have 3 or 4 bad games in a row for Mike Zimmer to even consider benching him.  Even then he probably wouldn't get benched for a middling talent quarterback that hasn't played since 2015.  The Vikings are going to have a very difficult decision next year choosing who is going to be their starting quarterback.  I think I would re-sign Keenum and have Teddy be backup.

:bag:

• Like 1

He started the year 3rd string? Why would he have been drafted? My ESPN app has him as a Waiver Wire pickup for Week 13. Its like who the hell hasn't picked him up yet? But I hear ya @stevegrab my team has been one injury after another.

Naw Buffalo has dibs on Fisher

That picture though with Goff whispering into Keenums ear. OH GAWD! Hilarious!

Edited by Rbgb

6 minutes ago, Rbgb said:

He started the year 3rd string? Why would he have been drafted? My ESPN app has him as a Waiver Wire pickup for Week 13. Its like who the hell hasn't picked him up yet? But I hear ya @stevegrab my team has been one injury after another.

Naw Buffalo has dibs on Fisher

That picture though with Goff whispering into Keenums ear. OH GAWD! Hilarious!

Talking NFL not fantasy, and how undrafted players blossom while first round picks bust.

Keenum was undrafted, how is he suddenly so good and holding off a late first round pick that was progressing nicely before the injury.

On 11/27/2017 at 1:54 PM, Rbgb said:

A WW pick up for my Wentz bye has turned into my starter for the past 3 weeks and with the mess going on at Buffalo and Palmer unlikely to return and Luck much more unlikely to return I'm left with the 3rd stringer for ROS. Fortunately for me it couldn't have come at a better time averaging 27.5pts over the past 3 games.

I'm hoping they ride him out the rest of the year and play it safe with Bridgewater.

You have started Keenum over Wentz?  :blink:

13 hours ago, stevegrab said:

When talking about your QB starting decision that 2QB part is kind of important. If the leagues big enough almost every QB is getting started in big bye weeks.

My team is in my signature where it says 2QB. And I listed every QB on that list. Either one could take from that I have multiple teams with all the same QBs or that I'm talking about that league.

it doesn't say 2QB in your sig that I can find.

QB: Luck, Wentz, Taylor, Palmer

RB: Bell, Gurley, Hunt, D. Martin, D. Woodhead

WR: OBJ, Hilton, Hopkins, Robinson, Landry, Thielen, Moncrief, T. Williams, M. Williams, M. Jones

TE: Walker, Hooper, Doyle

D: Cardinals

K: Vinatieri

4th yr dynasty(8 team) 0.5PPR

1st Place 14' & 15'

2nd Place 16'

regardless, long sigs with your team in them, I just scroll past without reading. Mentioning 2QB is much more effective.

You're right...It used to.

Oh well. At the end of the day its not a big deal, is it? This was more of a thread to see how long Keenum is going to be active, not whether I should start Keenum over other players. WHile I did mention that, it was mostly me writing off players. I never wrote off Wentz so I  guess I just assumed people would know Wentz was my guaranteed starter.

4 hours ago, Rbgb said:

You're right...It used to.

Oh well. At the end of the day its not a big deal, is it? This was more of a thread to see how long Keenum is going to be active, not whether I should start Keenum over other players. WHile I did mention that, it was mostly me writing off players. I never wrote off Wentz so I  guess I just assumed people would know Wentz was my guaranteed starter.

Correct not a big deal, but I did look at your signature before I posted that to see if many it said. Still not that likely every reads your signature.

Nothing wrong with the discussion you started, but just trying to explain why people reacted that way when it appeared you were saying you were starting Keenum over Wentz. To avoid that confusion a simple 2QB somewhere in the post would suffice.

I don't know...hindisight tell's us that Keenum has performed nearly the same as Wentz over the last several weeks.  I just can't imagine being on the front end of those decisions, and choosing Keenum over Wentz:

At the time of your post last week:

Week 11 Wentz vs a reeling Dallas or Keenum vs Rams? I find it hard to think you started Keenum.

Week 12 Wentz at home vs Chicago or Keenum @ DET?  Again, heading into the week, I find it hard to think you opted to start Keenum here.

Now, maybe Week 13 you start Keenum vs ATL over Wentz at SEA, but that would be about it. I can't imagine ever having benched Wentz at any other point this season.

On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 1:54 PM, Rbgb said:

I AM IN A 2QB LEAGUE

Maybe this is better? 72pt. is the biggest they make here

Wasn't trying to be. Was just making it stand out, because like you said. Its easy to miss in all of the text and people generally scroll from the top to the bottom.

Not even sure how this digressed to starting Keenum over Wentz. All I was wondering was how long people thought Keenum was going to be solid for because my other options aren't too great and Teddy Bridgewater was back.

Not trying to be a d-bag. Not trying to be obnoxious. Just trying to get back on topic. He obviously read enough to come up with starting Keenum over Wentz as this isn't the subject of this thread.

Edited by Rbgb
  • Like 1

Really its all good I think, but maybe some explanation helps understand why it went wrong.

The correction

I did not noticed you had edited the original first post, I doubt LordOpie did either. So good job. Most people start with new posts to the thread, so if we read it before (we did) we don't see the edit just the new post, and I didn't notice that was a quote of the first post.

Keenum over Wentz

The opening post without meniont of 2QB can easily be misunderstood to say you added Keenum to cover Wentz bye then he became your regular starter. You didnt say start over Wentz but most leagues are 1QB, so that was what we assumed. Hard for you to understand our confusion because you know what's going on already.

I understand everyones confusion and I apologized for confusing people. Not trying to be snarky, obnoxious or rude. Just figured making it large would be easier for people to see. If I could edit the topic heading I would

• Like 1