[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lowest points scored in a fantasy game?

Shaft

An 8-3 team in my league just put up 20 points!!!

Lineup:

QB: Manning

RB: Gordon

WR: Tate, Sanders, 

TE: Engram

Flex: Ajayi

DST: Texans

K: McManus

I've never seen anything like this. What are some of the lowest scores you've witnessed? I'm talking about teams who actually set their lineup.

Sadly I hold that record in our league, it was 2001, I scored 9 points, think my lineup was something like (cannot see weekly line-up but website shows this roster with active/reserve info). We may have also had very limited yardage scoring back then, game scores averaged around 30-50, they're way above that now. That year also saw 2 teams with sub 15 point scores, those are our 3 lowest historically.

QB - Brian Griese

RB - Ron Dayne, Stephen Davis

WR - Cris Carter, Johnnie Morton, Lav Coles

TE - Alge Crumpler

K - Phil Dawson

reserves Chris Chandler, Gus Frerotte, Rod Smith, Joey Galloway, Jason Brookins, Gary Anderson,

Alge Crumpler. Love that name. Makes me chuckle every time I hear it. We had a good laugh when ever he was drafted at our draft parties. However, nothing topped the laughter after my first pick in the first FF draft I ever attended. I drafted Mel Gray because he ran back TD's on kick offs and they told me before the draft, to draft players that got long touchdowns and lots of yardage. They neglected to mention punt and kickoff return yardage didn't count. Needless to say I had a poor team that year.

Edited by Cowboyz1
  • Haha 2

One of my biggest bragging rights in FF is that I had what is easily one of the rarest feats ever:  a shut out.  (Scores were typically in the 80s, give or take, at the time)  If only I had something to do with it :) It was a combo of his players doing poorly, one guy got hurt, I think the D had a bad day and put up negative pts, etc. 

11 hours ago, BeeR said:

One of my biggest bragging rights in FF is that I had what is easily one of the rarest feats ever:  a shut out.  (Scores were typically in the 80s, give or take, at the time)  If only I had something to do with it :) It was a combo of his players doing poorly, one guy got hurt, I think the D had a bad day and put up negative pts, etc.

If you had nothing to do with it how do you have bragging rights :shrug:  

4 hours ago, stevegrab said:

If we're going down the rabbit hole, we really have nothing to do with anything and would have nothing to brag about.  Decisions were made!

26 minutes ago, kdko said:

If we're going down the rabbit hole, we really have nothing to do with anything and would have nothing to brag about.  Decisions were made!

Drafting a good team and making good decisions during the year contribute to a winning fantasy team. Your opponent scoring 0 points has nothing to do with you, so why brag.

Don't think your rabbit hole analogy fits.

4 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Drafting a good team and making good decisions during the year contribute to a winning fantasy team. Your opponent scoring 0 points has nothing to do with you, so why brag.

Don't think your rabbit hole analogy fits.

By your own logic, and from what he said, the owner also made all of his decisions on his roster that week, they just performed poorly, and had injuries.  He could have based all those moves and starts based on perfectly fine logic.  So I think my analogy is perfect.  There's plenty of times we make the 'good decision' and it still blows up in our face in the worst way possible.

On 11/28/2017 at 7:29 PM, Cowboyz1 said:

Alge Crumpler. Love that name. Makes me chuckle every time I hear it. We had a good laugh when ever he was drafted at our draft parties. However, nothing topped the laughter after my first pick in the first FF draft I ever attended. I drafted Mel Gray because he ran back TD's on kick offs and they told me before the draft, to draft players that got long touchdowns and lots of yardage. They neglected to mention punt and kickoff return yardage didn't count. Needless to say I had a poor team that year.

My first draft I picked Favre #1, then when it wrapped back around, I picked Elway.  All the Bronco fans' heads exploded, and one guy said 'WTF you do THAT for, you can only start one QB!'

Honestly, I just didn't think it through.

3 hours ago, kdko said:

By your own logic, and from what he said, the owner also made all of his decisions on his roster that week, they just performed poorly, and had injuries.  He could have based all those moves and starts based on perfectly fine logic.  So I think my analogy is perfect.  There's plenty of times we make the 'good decision' and it still blows up in our face in the worst way possible.

He's bragging because his opponent scored zero points, how is he responsible for that?

Sorry but your logic does not compute.   No matter what decision I make about my team, I own it, and can brag if I do well. If my opponent makes bad decisions why should I brag, how did I contribute?

Guess we agree to disagree.

On 11/30/2017 at 9:56 AM, stevegrab said:

Because it's FANTASY football  :)

I can still say my team got a shut out.  How many FF teams (again assuming even semi-normal scoring) can say that?   (I think I went 8-6 that year so it was just a nice little extra to talk smack about over beers at the end of the year)