[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Eli Manning benched

Dolphin_Akie

1 minute ago, DMD said:

Wow. The final act of a desperate  Ben McAdoo. Breaking his streak and everything. This is sort of like lighting the house on fire when you move out.

Agreed, its not like your looking to see what you have in Geno...he's a known and he's manure too.  :sick:

Apparently, Manning benched himself.   They wanted to use Geno Smith and Davis Webb but would let him take the token start and he declined saying it would tarnish what he did. Class move IMO.

3 minutes ago, loaf said:

I already had Engram on my list to drop with a waiver move this week...this only confirms it.

Me too.

I'm kicking around what to do with my two shares of Darkwa.

Crap.... Already had Darkwa and Engram penciled in, and both are pretty much must-win situations.  Usually, a change like this benefits SOMEBODY on the offense.  In this case, I'm not sure who that would be.  Maybe I'll go grab the NYG punter.  :thinking:

Totally indefensible move - and I have zero love for Eli. I would fire McAdoo immediately.

Whatever problems they have, substituting Geno for Eli solves none of them.

This guy won you 2 super bowls. The amount of disrepect here is hard to understand.

• Like 5

The right thing to do here is release him, the gmen are in full rebuild mode, he's been your entire franchise for 13 years and won you 2 super bowls. You don't need a 36 year old 16 mil a year QB during a rebuild, let him walk and finish his career like his brother.

Hearing some crazy stuff here in CLE, somebody said that Tiki Barber talked on the radio about Eli coming to Cleveland Browns to join his brother Peyton who will work in front office. There have been plenty of rumors about Peyton coming here, his ties to Haslam (thru UT) and all that. I'm not buying it and don't think its realistic or would be likely to work.

1 hour ago, stethant said:

Totally indefensible move - and I have zero love for Eli. I would fire McAdoo immediately.

Whatever problems they have, substituting Geno for Eli solves none of them.

This guy won you 2 super bowls. The amount of disrepect here is hard to understand.

:clap:

Like McAdoo is kicking the dog because he wife cheated on him

Exactly. What a total joke; it's not just one of the most no-class moves I've ever seen, but also laughably stupid.  It's not like they have Watson in the wings.  And oh btw Manning has been generally playing fairly well, considering he has NO offense whatsoever around him.  I mean none.  No WRs, no RBs, no OL worth a flip.  CLE's offense looks stocked by comparison.  I hope he either retires or goes elsewhere and has success, and I'll be rooting for whoever is playing NYG now (not named the Pats). Yes that even includes DAL, may God forgive me.

7 hours ago, LordOpie said:

I did. McAdoo and Eli have never gotten along. In fact, McAdoo has alienated most of the team. But i think this move is a money thing. If he's healthy, I think they can release him without further cost. I think it's only $12mil per year for each of the next two seasons, so that's cheap and must mean they really want to rebuild.

I like how some teased me for saying they should trade him a month ago.

So they are packing it in and don't want Eli to get hot and win a game or two that would reduce their chance of drafting high. I get it, because if they honestly believe that Geno Smith gives them a better chance to win they must be on crack. So I get keeping Eli healthy in order to insure his trade value and make sure they keep losing with Smith under center but I still am surprised they benched him for Geno Smith.

However, to be fair, the Giants season was over when OBJ, Shepard, Marshall went down. Plus all the other injuries they had on defense. Like I said many times, the NFL is just too competitive to have all pro, or pro bowl starters injured. They just can't be replaced and with the roster limits and cap you can't have enough talent at backups to make it. Now NE is one exception but they have Brady and Belichick who are easily the best QB/Coach in the business today. By the way, It would be unfair not to mention Eli beat both of them, not once but twice! Handing them their 1 and only loss of the season spoiling a the perfect season. One of the only times I passionately rooted for the Giants. Did I just say that.......... I digress, OBJ going down was the death blow so the Giants really didn't have much of a chance without him. 

I can't say I'm not enjoying the Giants falling apart while my Cowboys do the same. Misery loves company and cognac.;)

Edited by Cowboyz1
  • Thanks 1

Poor Eli... Its tough to play when the entire team around him has practically given up, and the WR corps is plagued with Injuries... 

There's a reason Eli has a consecutive start record.

McAdoo needs to be fired.. He is AIDS, and has infected the Giants. :rant:

Also, the way Eli talks about being benched is truly a class act.

• Like 3

Totally classless act!  Head coach,  GM, President,  all management and entire coaching staff fire them all!  You are all an embarrassment to NFL!  

No respect or likeness should ever be shown to N.Y. Giants organization again! 

Eli please find a way out of there!  Jacksonville!  Anywhere!   You deserve so much more!  Congrats on a great career so far! 

• Like 3