Phins91

Josh Gordon

Recommended Posts

some guys are so physically blessed and gifted that they don't need to train to the extreme and eat properly to remain in peak physical shape, we are talking about a guy who was playing at his level both high and drunk.. I've played in beer league softball and hockey tournaments drunk.. it's no cake walk.. you lose everything, judgement, balance, coordination, reflex, burst, stamina, it all goes out the window. He's coming in clear headed, and I'd argue that part of his treatment has been getting in workouts as a way to release stress and negative energy. I've dealt with many recovering addicts and alcoholics in my profession and several have been prescribed a healthy dose of training as treatment aid so i don't believe for 1 second that he's been just been sittin around naked in a bean bag chair eating cheetos. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dope man said:

MEH, people who play fantasy football scared rarely win....I have had my share of winning!

you're not playing with courage and risk-taking. You're attempting to be "clever" so when you win, you can boost yourself by saying how smart you are. I stopped being clever and have already secured playoff spots in all three of my dynasty leagues with all three of my teams holding the top one or two spots in total points.

being clever and right gets you no extra points. however, being clever more often than not fails. so good luck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

anyone who believes there is no difference between great condition and football shape must not have played a sport. Because there is a difference between excellent health and your body being conditioned for the actual activity.

if he hasn't been taking hits, it's going to be a few weeks before he puts up good numbers, if ever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If this thread shows nothing else, let it be that if you own Gordon you should absolutely try to sell high right now (provided trading deadline hasn't passed).  There are those out there that will overpay based on name value and stats from 4 years ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

anyone who believes there is no difference between great condition and football shape must not have played a sport. Because there is a difference between excellent health and your body being conditioned for the actual activity.

if he hasn't been taking hits, it's going to be a few weeks before he puts up good numbers, if ever.

I agree that your body is “hardened” by the contact of playing the sport, but that can most certainly be simulated in the gym. That’s why Rocky punches beef carcasses and Bruce Lee smacks wooden poles. Again, no WR should be taking huge hits unless they have poor quarterbacks who are going to put the ball in spots that are going to get the WR wrecked on a catch. Also again, I’m way

more concerned with Kizer than I am Gordon and his alleged “lack of football shape”.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, pegos said:

I agree that your body is “hardened” by the contact of playing the sport, but that can most certainly be simulated in the gym. That’s why Rocky punches beef carcasses and Bruce Lee smacks wooden poles. Again, no WR should be taking huge hits unless they have poor quarterbacks who are going to put the ball in spots that are going to get the WR wrecked on a catch. Also again, I’m way

more concerned with Kizer than I am Gordon and his alleged “lack of football shape”.

you're probably right. i never played football, so i shouldn't have commented.

however, the sports I did play, nothing conditioned me like actually doing it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Go to love the people using hope as a strategy, or thinking that you can be just as fit and ready to play while training in a gym and not actually playing the sport. Let alone getting high and drunk all day every day for who knows how long.

 

Not to mention the trolling with "NFL should have no say if he smokes Josh Gordon", I guess nobody is required to stay off drugs for their job.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Starting him with confidence this week...

 

 

 

then again I'm already locked into my playoff spot so this week doesn't matter much to me :D:D

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ThatDude said:

Starting him with confidence this week...

 

 

 

then again I'm already locked into my playoff spot so this week doesn't matter much to me :D:D

and this is what I was saying. if yer starting him, yer locked into your position in your league, not on the bubble and have a "must win" game this week.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last week, Hue Jackson said getting Josh Gordon back to practice was like an early Christmas present.

This week, Gordon is expected to play in is first game in nearly three seasons. 

When asked what plans he had for Gordon this week coming back, Jackson couldn't contain his excitement.

“My plans for him?" he said laughing. "Oh boy. let me tell you. I have big plans for him. I plan for him to play and play as much as he can handle. I think he is a very talented player. He needs to play, needs to get out there and play but we have to see where he is and make sure how much can he handle, how much can he do.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Gourdeau said:

some guys are so physically blessed and gifted that they don't need to train to the extreme and eat properly to remain in peak physical shape, we are talking about a guy who was playing at his level both high and drunk.. I've played in beer league softball and hockey tournaments drunk.. it's no cake walk.. you lose everything, judgement, balance, coordination, reflex, burst, stamina, it all goes out the window. He's coming in clear headed, and I'd argue that part of his treatment has been getting in workouts as a way to release stress and negative energy. I've dealt with many recovering addicts and alcoholics in my profession and several have been prescribed a healthy dose of training as treatment aid so i don't believe for 1 second that he's been just been sittin around naked in a bean bag chair eating cheetos. 

 

There is a difference in playing drunk versus playing while under influence of alcohol.  With his tolerance level I bet his judgement, balance and everything else you mention are better than a person who is drunk off the same amount.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Zangief80 said:

 

There is a difference in playing drunk versus playing while under influence of alcohol.  With his tolerance level I bet his judgement, balance and everything else you mention are better than a person who is drunk off the same amount.

 

Very fair point

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Need to win this week to make the playoffs and noticed my opponent picked Gordon up off waivers and slid him into his starting lineup. I couldn’t be happier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/29/2017 at 7:25 AM, michaelredd9 said:

Josh Gordon isn't the type of person who would stay in shape.  Self-discipline has not been his strong suit.  Few people have the motivation to be in excellent shape when they aren't being forced into shape in a program.  And social media posts saying he is in great shape aren't very credible.  Every player claims to come into camp in the best shape of their life.  Proof is in the pudding.  Although, I don't doubt that he is all roided up since he has been rolling with Tim Montgomery.  So he has that going for him.

 

youre wrong hes def in shape and been in for a longtime

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/29/2017 at 7:40 AM, Gourdeau said:

 

 

 

He looks fantastic actually.  If I believed in Kizer or that team at all I think he'd be incredibly valuable moving forward.  I'm not feeling it though

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When Gordon had his monster year in 2013, Brian Hoyer has massive tunnel vision. I just don’t see Kizer deciding to trust in a guy he’s barely practiced with. The only scenario in which Gordon becomes a stud is if Cleveland is trying to build up Gordon’s trade value. They could be under orders to feed Gordon relentlessly (since winning hurts them more than it helps them). 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

and if CLE somehow gets lucky and lands eli manning and josh gordon lives up to his potential will not being a knucklehead.

I think CLE has a pretty good OL? at least with a healthy joe thomas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you are a mental case of a fantasy team owner like me, you are stoked to see JG return today.  I have been carrying him on my roster as a franchise player since the beginning.  4 yrs ago I won the title because of his dominance and look forward to him being the stud that he is.  The good thing is that my team is rolling without him so his return is gravy.  

I expect 10 / 175 and a TD.  I also believe his return propels the Browns to their first win against a surging Chargers team.

 

Cheers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 targets 4 for 85 vs a very tough secondary and pass rush. Im impressed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They had plenty of chances.  Kizer has a long ways to go.  Oh well.  Welcome back Flash Gordon. Lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kizer is terrible. Gordon should've had a monster game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gordon looked good.  He played 48 of 63 snaps which is 76%.  You could see him breathing heavily and stretching out his hamstrings and groin during the game but he held up extremely well for his first game action in three years.  He received a PFF grade of 83.3 for the game.  That is a very good grade and is the second best grade that any Browns receiver has received this year.  I'm still going to be hesitant to start him unless I am in a pinch.  If he had a real quarterback I wouldn't be so reluctant.  He does have a nice week 14 matchup against the Packers.  They have given up the 4th most points to opposing wide receivers this year.  Week 15 against the Ravens and week 16 against the Bears aren't as favorable.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.