Phins91

Josh Gordon

Recommended Posts

What are peoples thoughts on how Josh Gordon will do for the remaining games this year. Worth starting? Maybe a keeper by the end in dynasty?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The odds of anyone 3 years (yes, three) removed from playing being successful are slim at best.  Stash if you want to stash, but starting blindly would be foolish. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not starting him. Look at how slow Woodhead's coming along and he's only missed 10 weeks...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is when you are down to your last $200 bucks after a week long bender in Vegas and while walking out of the Casino you lay that last bit of money on the  roulette table and bet it all on black....maybe not the best of choices that one could make at said given time, however if it hits black you can give the tiniest of middle fingers back to the casino that broke you like a all week like they were a cowboy and you were a naive young stallion that needed direction. I for one am betting on black this week and the rest of the year in 2 leagues in hopes I can once again give that finger back to the fantasy football world! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, dope man said:

This is when you are down to your last $200 bucks after a week long bender in Vegas and while walking out of the Casino you lay that last bit of money on the  roulette table and bet it all on black....maybe not the best of choices that one could make at said given time, however if it hits black you can give the tiniest of middle fingers back to the casino that broke you like a all week like they were a cowboy and you were a naive young stallion that needed direction. I for one am betting on black this week and the rest of the year in 2 leagues in hopes I can once again give that finger back to the fantasy football world! 

people who think like that rarely win.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It'd be quite an amazing comeback if Gordon became relevant again in the NFL, but it's pretty darn reckless to start him this weekend. He's worth stashing to see what happens over the next 2-3 weeks, but unless you are seeing monster target numbers (10+) right away, you can find better options. He will need volume to be relevant, as Kizer has a brutal 53% completion rate and an even more brutal 5 TD passes all year. I wouldn't put any faith in any Browns WR with those numbers at QB. Expecting Josh Gordon to fix that after a handful of practices and zero game experience over the last 3 years is insane.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dope man said:

This is when you are down to your last $200 bucks after a week long bender in Vegas and while walking out of the Casino you lay that last bit of money on the  roulette table and bet it all on black....maybe not the best of choices that one could make at said given time, however if it hits black you can give the tiniest of middle fingers back to the casino that broke you like a all week like they were a cowboy and you were a naive young stallion that needed direction. I for one am betting on black this week and the rest of the year in 2 leagues in hopes I can once again give that finger back to the fantasy football world! 

 

You're odds are off.  Betting on black is roughly 47% chance.  Realistically the odds are probably more equivalent to putting the $200 all on one number. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I had him I'd start him.  But as a recovering Gordon addict, I swore never to go back again.  

 

But man am I jonesing for some Gordon now!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the mix to start for me because my other options are the likes of Devontae Booker and Kenyan Drake. Never been a believer once he got suspended indefinitely because of the time away but he was available and I had a free roster spot in re-draft. 

 

Its a boom or bust proposition till we know more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Dolphin_Akie said:

In the mix to start for me because my other options are the likes of Devontae Booker and Kenyan Drake. Never been a believer once he got suspended indefinitely because of the time away but he was available and I had a free roster spot in re-draft. 

 

Its a boom or bust proposition till we know more.

 

Even with a difficult matchup against the Broncos, I'd start Drake.  He is now the featured back.  And the Broncos have given up the 2nd most points to running backs over the last 4 weeks.  Though that might have something to do with facing the Eagles and the Patriots.  As Miami's only running back option, he is pretty much guaranteed 15+ touches.  I couldn't see trading that in for a bag of magic beans.  The one ray of hope for Gordon is that the Browns don't care if they win so they'll be willing to force the ball to him.  But is he even in good enough shape to play most of the snaps?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, LordOpie said:

people who think like that rarely win.

MEH, people who play fantasy football scared rarely win....I have had my share of winning!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

 

Even with a difficult matchup against the Broncos, I'd start Drake.  He is now the featured back.  And the Broncos have given up the 2nd most points to running backs over the last 4 weeks.  Though that might have something to do with facing the Eagles and the Patriots.  As Miami's only running back option, he is pretty much guaranteed 15+ touches.  I couldn't see trading that in for a bag of magic beans.  The one ray of hope for Gordon is that the Browns don't care if they win so they'll be willing to force the ball to him.  But is he even in good enough shape to play most of the snaps?

 

I don’t understand this belief that you have to be playing actual nfl football games to be “in football shape”...???? Dude’s been training his ass off from all account, is young and in his prime, and is not coming off any type of injury. It seems like that argument would be more fit for a Calvin Johnson if he was making his debut in week 13... my only concern with Gordon in week 13 and beyond is the quarterback throwing him the ball, though even in the past that hasn’t seemed to matter. 

 

Ive been holding him all year and I’ll be firing him up on Sunday, why the hell not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

because it's been 3 years. do you remember his first return from suspension? that was real ugly. Now we know that his head was still screwed up. But he said all the same things then that he's saying now. 3 years away from the field makes a difference. Running yer ass off isn't the same as running it off against competition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meh. I’m not buying it. Maybe I’ll eat cheese ow next Sunday 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Josh Gordon isn't the type of person who would stay in shape.  Self-discipline has not been his strong suit.  Few people have the motivation to be in excellent shape when they aren't being forced into shape in a program.  And social media posts saying he is in great shape aren't very credible.  Every player claims to come into camp in the best shape of their life.  Proof is in the pudding.  Although, I don't doubt that he is all roided up since he has been rolling with Tim Montgomery.  So he has that going for him.

 

Edited by michaelredd9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lmao well now you’re just throwing out a lot of assumptions and assertions. He’s being tested regularly so I doubt very seriously his current physique is the result of any illicit substances. Sounds to me like you have a distaste for Josh Gordon himself

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pegos said:

I don’t understand this belief that you have to be playing actual nfl football games to be “in football shape”...???? Dude’s been training his ass off from all account, is young and in his prime, and is not coming off any type of injury. It seems like that argument would be more fit for a Calvin Johnson if he was making his debut in week 13... my only concern with Gordon in week 13 and beyond is the quarterback throwing him the ball, though even in the past that hasn’t seemed to matter. 

 

Ive been holding him all year and I’ll be firing him up on Sunday, why the hell not?

 

 

Well, I have heard many a pro / ex pro football player say that being in great shape is not the same as football shape.... I believe they would know.

 

I have him on 2 of my 10 leagues. I will start him in 1 of those leagues, as I really have nothing to lose. But if I win, things look "OK". The WR I am replacing was only expected to get 6.xx points, so why not?  Plus the coach called him " a gift from heaven" or something like that...... I believe they will feed him as much as he can handle, with the hope that they win at least 1 game this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If yer outta the Playoff picture, I guess he's worth a dart throw. If yer in the hunt, yer probably gonna stick with the lineup you've been using.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, pegos said:

Lmao well now you’re just throwing out a lot of assumptions and assertions. He’s being tested regularly so I doubt very seriously his current physique is the result of any illicit substances. Sounds to me like you have a distaste for Josh Gordon himself

 

Of course I'm assuming and asserting.  He hasn't played in 3 years so there isn't anything else to go on except for assumptions and assertions.  I'm not going to give merit to Hue Jackson's coachspeak.  Nearly every thing he says turns out to be the opposite.  And I'm no more going to assume Gordon is actually in shape because his social media account says he is in shape than I am going to assume that Kim Kardashian's butt has no implants because her social media account says her butt has no implants.  But I have no beef with Gordon.  I think he should be able to smoke as much ganja as he wants and the league should have no say in the matter.  I believe he is a victim.

 

Very few athletes have the self-discipline to be out of a program for 3 years and be in proper football shape.  Josh Gordon does not strike me as a likely exception.  I do think that the Browns are going to make a concerted effort to get him the ball when he is on the field.  But with Kizer throwing to him and the Chargers elite cornerbacks, that probably won't amount to much.

 

Edited by michaelredd9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, michaelredd9 said:

 

Of course I'm assuming and asserting.  He hasn't played in 3 years so there isn't anything else to go on except for assumptions and assertions.  I'm not going to give merit to Hue Jackson's coachspeak.  Nearly every thing he says turns out to be the opposite.  And I'm no more going to assume Gordon is actually in shape because his social media account says he is in shape than I am going to assume that Kim Kardashian's butt has no implants because her social media account says her butt has no implants.  But I have no beef with Gordon.  I think he should be able to smoke as much ganja as he wants and the league should have no say in the matter.  I believe he is a victim.

 

Very few athletes have the self-discipline to be out of a program for 3 years and be in proper football shape.  Josh Gordon does not strike me as a likely exception.  I do think that the Browns are going to make a concerted effort to get him the ball when he is on the field.  But with Kizer throwing to him and the Chargers elite cornerbacks, that probably won't amount to much.

 

 

:rolleyes:

 

 

 

:fishy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Papa Deuce said:

 

 

Well, I have heard many a pro / ex pro football player say that being in great shape is not the same as football shape.... I believe they would know.

That sounds like something one would say to make what they do sound harder than it really is lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.