[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone sitting AJ Green?

heehawks

25 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

actually, Adams has been doing very well with hundley.

Yeah, you're right actually now that i'm looking at the stats.  I still don't understand why you'd want to start him over Green, unless he doesnt suit up because of the illness.  If Adams put up that kind of performance with Hundley against the Steelers, I can only think that Dalton/Green would do better.

• Like 1

Definitely NOT a wdis thread! I was just curious if others were going to sit him with his terrible track record against Pitt. Also, if others were going to sit him, who would you sit him for. Just a conversation starter. May be geting too cute, but still gonna bench him as I just ain't feeling it for him this week.

• Like 1

Why in the heck would you sit Green ? The steelers 2nd dairy is horrendous at the moment, read a very interesting take by Bob Labriola ( Steelers media insider) Steelers Def although is ranked in the top 5, it is certainly not a top 5 defense, the 2nd dairy has been camouflaged by teams running the ball. Since Haden has been out, they've allowed 5 TD passes of 50 plus yards. Green often lights up the Steelers. Start him with extreme confidence. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Food for thought. Taken from the huddle gameday predictions for the Pitt/Cinn game.

"A.J. Green has not topped 45 yards against the Steelers since 2015. He'll be the main focus of the secondary that has been able to limit him."

:unsure:

I knew I would hear it from you guys. I ended up starting him, with the mantra of never bench your studs. Put him in this morning across a few leagues. Gets me the win in one league to make the playoffs. Yes, I admit it...I was horribly wrong. Luckily, I am not cursing myself right now. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, heehawks said:

I knew I would hear it from you guys. I ended up starting him, with the mantra of never bench your studs. Put him in this morning across a few leagues. Gets me the win in one league to make the playoffs. Yes, I admit it...I was horribly wrong. Luckily, I am not cursing myself right now. 

:headbang:  Glad to hear it buddy!

Why, why would you do such a thing. A.J. Green and Bench do not go together. I have learned many Many hard lessons over the years. Some I still won't learn from but one I have. I never say on Monday night that I lost because I was stupid and sat my stud being clever. I refuse to do that anymore to myself. I have resigned myself to the fact that I can live with losing with my first round draft pick playing poorly one week or two. However, I can't take it when I start my 6th or later round draft pick and lose while my stud goes off. I can't take that anymore. 

If they aren't injured I start my studs period. If they suck then I know they weren't studs anymore and don't draft them the following year.

Edited by Cowboyz1

Of course since my opponent has him he had his best game vs Pit, that's how this whole craptastic season has gone. Thank God I had Brown and also played him despite the turf toe. 

I wonder how many sat Green after seeing this thread and getting the idea planted. Lol 

9 hours ago, 1fastdoc said:

Of course since my opponent has him he had his best game vs Pit, that's how this whole craptastic season has gone. Thank God I had Brown and also played him despite the turf toe.

I wonder how many sat Green after seeing this thread and getting the idea planted. Lol

I had to face Green as well, my 12 point lead evaporated quickly, as soon as I saw the first TD I knew it was probably over, he'd only need 70 yards to get the required 13 points. Of course my opponent thought he'd lose because the Steelers usually play well against the Bengals.

19 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

I had to face Green as well, my 12 point lead evaporated quickly, as soon as I saw the first TD I knew it was probably over, he'd only need 70 yards to get the required 13 points. Of course my opponent thought he'd lose because the Steelers usually play well against the Bengals.

They do other than Green typically owns the steelers horrible secondary