michaelredd9

Coach of the Year

Coach of the Year  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the Coach of the Year?

• Mike Zimmer
    • Sean McVay
    • Mike Tomlin
    • Doug Marrone
    • Doug Pederson
    • Bill Belichick
    • Sean Payton

The more analysis and differing perspectives I'm hearing from various sources and well respected people in the NFL media, former players etc, the more I have no idea how to feel about it. On one side you've got your all time sack leader, who has been a rock on your defense for years, who made it clear that he wanted to play before he signed his new deal, and he's adamant they told him he'd play, the 3 mil he signed for would corroborate that in my opinion, early on it becomes clear to him he isn't going to have a role and he requests a release very early in the year. No dice, the guy is 39 all he wants is 1 more kick at the can, not like he has much time left, then they finally decide to release 2 days before xmas, kinda low. On the other side the Steelers likely had a plan in place to use him, until it became apparent that TJ Watt was a lot more ready than expected. I'm hoping this can be a Brett Farvre esque scenario where after a few years time will heal wounds, guess we will wait and see. 

On 12/28/2017 at 10:53 PM, Gourdeau said:

The guy is still a solid run stopper and can get to the qb in certain situations. You watch, he'll be a studd in NE

That was quite the first game.  Looks like he still has some juice.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

16 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

That was quite the first game.  Looks like he still has some juice.

Im telling you, i know my team better than Tomlin lol, i really dislike him can u tell... mind u those sacks came vs a brutal jets oline at the end of a meaningless game for them but still this is the nfl. I stand by my take, Deebo has lots left to give in certain situations and Tomlin is a knucklehead for not playing him enough to keep him happy and to keep him contributing. I wish Deebo well

Edited by Gourdeau

18 hours ago, Gourdeau said:

Im telling you, i know my team better than Tomlin lol, i really dislike him can u tell... mind u those sacks came vs a brutal jets oline at the end of a meaningless game for them but still this is the nfl. I stand by my take, Deebo has lots left to give in certain situations and Tomlin is a knucklehead for not playing him enough to keep him happy and to keep him contributing. I wish Deebo well

Does anybody outside of Stiller land call him Deebo?

I have some buddies that do, but that may be due to their association with myself, I do see several people on Instagram calling him Deebo, but I can't verify who those folks are.