[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Antonio Brown missed practice again

michaelredd9

With the Steelers already looking to week 15 and the playoffs, I doubt they risk him making his toe worse.  Turf toe needs rest to heal.

Antonio Brown (toe) doesn't practice Saturday

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/369671/antonio-brown-(toe)-doesnt-practice-saturday?ls=roto:PIT:topheadlines

Antonio Brown (toe) didn't practice Saturday and is questionable for Week 13 against the Bengals.

Brown is now in serious danger of missing the Steelers Week 13 game against the Bengals on Monday night. Despite an earlier report saying it's likely he will play, Brown looks to be a true game-time decision.
Dec 2 - 12:38 PM

Would be devastating to one of my big league contests with the playoffs starting this week.  He's been on fire lately and there is no one you can replace him with that remotely does as well.

This is my fault, guys.  I was reading a debate on Julio vs Brown just the other day, in terms of who will go down as having the greater career (which, so far, is not even that close, IMO), and I thought to myself that Brown is seemingly never injured.  As in, not just not missing a game, but not even on the injury report.  

As a multi-league Brown owner, this is clearly just another way for the fantasy gods to mess with me (show me who's boss).  :(

28 minutes ago, Gopher said:

This is my fault, guys.  I was reading a debate on Julio vs Brown just the other day, in terms of who will go down as having the greater career (which, so far, is not even that close, IMO), and I thought to myself that Brown is seemingly never injured.  As in, not just not missing a game, but not even on the injury report.  

As a multi-league Brown owner, this is clearly just another way for the fantasy gods to mess with me (show me who's boss).  :(

Thankfully, I don't need him in DWIII and I'm almost certain he will be back full strength come week 15. Oh and so will A.Rodgers :wink:

1 hour ago, Gopher said:

Must be the Shannon Sharpe idiotic "Julio is the best receiver in the league" statement, it's not even close, not homering, just being real. 

They can beat the bungals without him, hoping they sit him, Juju is back so they should be ok

Edited by Gourdeau

One reason for optimism is that Antonio loves his stats.  He is even being mentioned as a potential MVP.  That is something that no receiver has ever achieved.  Taking a week or two off would make winning the MVP very unlikely.  Turf toe injuries need rest so maybe the injury is minor like originally reported and him not practicing is solely precautionary.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, michaelredd9 said:

One reason for optimism is that Antonio loves his stats.  He is even being mentioned as a potential MVP.  That is something that no receiver has ever achieved.  Taking a week or two off would make winning the MVP very unlikely.  Turf toe injuries need rest so maybe the injury is minor like originally reported and him not practicing is solely precautionary.

1 hour ago, michaelredd9 said:

Say again?

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Gourdeau said:

Must be the Shannon Sharpe idiotic "Julio is the best receiver in the league" statement, it's not even close, not homering, just being real. 

They can beat the bungals without him, hoping they sit him, Juju is back so they should be ok

I agree, it's not even close. It's Tier 1A with A. Brown AND then  Tier 1B with players like Julio, AJ Green, and OBJ. 

3 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

Agree, at his level of talent and knowledge of the offense, he doesn't need to practice in order to play that's fo sho

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LordOpie said:

I hope he plays.

And makes the injury worse. Come on IR!

Well that would be the break that NE typically gets when facing the steelers, I'd have to look back but quite positive NE has never had to game plan for all Healthy weapons, AFC title last year Bell went out on first snap

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

if inman is your best option, then you won't be going deep into the playoffs anyways. not trying to be mean, just saying

Just saying what? I have A. Brown, Julio Jones, Mike Evans as my usual starting WRs.  Please tell me what is in your crystal ball? 

Edited by Shaft

3 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

you have no depth and this is the consequence of that.

And evans zero points. zero catches. Will inman compensate?

Hey, i don't care if your team fails to make the playoff, I was just trying to encourage you to have quality depth in the future.

Please educate me on quality depth in a 16 team league and with a team that has 3 WR1s. Oh, I'm also 2nd in the league. Thank you ole' wise one.

Edited by Shaft
  • Sad 1