[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

week 13: Peyton Barber starting for Tampa Bay

michaelredd9

Bucs announce Peyton Barber as starting RB

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/369722/bucs-announce-peyton-barber-as-starting-rb?ls=roto:TB:topheadlines

The Bucs announced Peyton Barber as their Week 13 starter at running back with Doug Martin (concussion) sidelined.

Somebody obviously has to start, and it's really not all that surprising it's Barber after he'd been eating into Doug Martin's usage a bit in recent weeks. Barber at least has some theoretical upside as a 23-year-old compared to already-known Jacquizz Rodgers. We still envision this being a committee approach against a Green Bay defense that plays well against the run.

Dec 3 - 11:51 AM

Edited by michaelredd9

On 12/3/2017 at 9:11 PM, GoldenEagle81 said:

I haven’t seen any of this game, but.....

23 carries for 102, 4 catches for 41. At this point, is there any chance Doug Martin remains starter once he’s cleared to play???

Thats the big question this week for me, Martin practiced in full yesterday but is still in protocol. If he's cleared to play what happens to Barber?

10 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Wow.  Who bumped this thread and why? 

The thread title is from last week and is bound to confuse anyone looking at it.

Doug Martin is starting today. 

Anybody who is paying attention is going to see that Martin is starting (not to mention there are two contradicting thread titles, which would prompt them to "dig a little deeper").  Also, I'm sure somebody can change this thread title if it's a huge deal.  But, I really don't think it is.  And, this forum isn't like FBG where titles are changing constantly.  Not nearly as much traffic here, and both threads are likely to stay in the top 10 or so topics all day.  Which, again, means that you would have to really not be paying attention to think that Barber is today's starter.  Unless, of course, we keep bumping this one, and not the other one.  :lol:

1 minute ago, Gopher said:

Anybody who is paying attention is going to see that Martin is starting (not to mention there are two contradicting thread titles, which would prompt them to "dig a little deeper").  Also, I'm sure somebody can change this thread title if it's a huge deal.  But, I really don't think it is.  And, this forum isn't like FBG where titles are changing constantly.  Not nearly as much traffic here, and both threads are likely to stay in the top 10 or so topics all day.  Which, again, means that you would have to really not be paying attention to think that Barber is today's starter.  Unless, of course, we keep bumping this one, and not the other one.  :lol:

I started the thread with the correct title just to counter this one being on top.  Very annoying that it was bumped.

• Big John changed the title to week 13: Peyton Barber starting for Tampa Bay