[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Possible suspension for Gronk?

Wolverines Fan

ESPN thinks it could happen because of what he did in the Bills game.

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/260057/a-suspension-for-rob-gronkowski-context-has-changed-in-2017

Gronk is a dumb-ass. He couldn't see his teammate touch him down by contact? Bullmanure!!!! Good thing I'm on a bye next week. Otherwise, I'd be pissed. I'm actually contemplating never starting him again based on that play - even if it means me losing in fantasy.

7 hours ago, ThatDude said:

Wont be shocked if the NFL turns a blind eye to this.... won't be the first time they have done that with Gronk

If they turn a blind eye to this, all hell will break lose. They need to suspend him one game to keep the little integrity they have.

Edited by Shaft

He'll get suspended but a week 14 suspension against Miami probably benefits the Patriots since it'll keep Gronk fresher for the playoffs.  I doubt the league has the flexibility but they should suspend him for their week 15 showdown with the Steelers to really make it consequential.  I guess either way losing one game check hurts his pocketbook substantially.  I wonder if there'll be any payback when the Patriots play the Bills on Christmas Eve.  

He’ll probably get suspended a game, and deserves it.  He at least deserves a fine.

that being said, defenses have been abusing Gronk all season, holding , clutching, grabbing, and he keeps getting called for OPI that was at least a 50/50 OPI / DPI.  The league has mot come close to getting it right and he has to be getting frustrated.  No excuse for a late hit, but i can only guess that has a lot to do with it.  If you are going to allow the defender to be handsy, don’t call the receiver for OPI just for freeing himself of some pencil-topper DB.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Caveman_Nick said:

He’ll probably get suspended a game, and deserves it.  He at least deserves a fine.

that being said, defenses have been abusing Gronk all season, holding , clutching, grabbing, and he keeps getting called for OPI that was at least a 50/50 OPI / DPI.  The league has mot come close to getting it right and he has to be getting frustrated.  No excuse for a late hit, but i can only guess that has a lot to do with it.  If you are going to allow the defender to be handsy, don’t call the receiver for OPI just for freeing himself of some pencil-topper DB.

Would be a great time for Hogan to come back if he is suspended. I can't find a single piece of information on him other than ruled out week 13. No time table no nothing, he still in a sling? Doing anything individually?  Frustrating

21 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

Would be a great time for Hogan to come back if he is suspended. I can't find a single piece of information on him other than ruled out week 13. No time table no nothing, he still in a sling? Doing anything individually?  Frustrating

There is no timetable for his return and I don't expect Bill to clear that up anytime soon :lol: 

I've never understood this idea that if they were ejected they don't need to be suspended. First off they don't lose any money for being ejected, they still got paid for that game, and it counts against other things that might matter. Second unless its early first quarter your ejection is far less than a complete game.  The ejection should come, and if the player behavior was was bad enough then a suspension as well.

• Like 2