[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NO v ATL Game thread

jamesplante11

Matty Ice. HA

This guy is a wreck of a QB. Pick machine. Don't understand why he has a nickname at all. Not to mention he wussed out on that play he slid down on instead of getting the first. Gets pushed down in the pocket and they call ruffing. What a joke.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

i guess losing your OC can really screw you up.

Anyone remember the potential Jason Campbell had in WAS and the revolving door of OCs? ruined him.

Yep, he went from MVP to playing like a rookie. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LuckyBub said:

I've had Ryan in the past. I could've told you to limit your expectations of him. Sure, he's had some good games. But he's also had some bad games, too - namely 2 or 3 interception games.

For 6 weeks in a row, prior to last week he scored between 18-22 points. All season until these last twice weeks he’s hovered between  16-22. I’ll take that consistency any day. Typically you know what your getting with Ryan, a very consistent solid floor but don’t expect 30

3 minutes ago, jamesplante11 said:

What about Peyton running onto the field....rookie move coach

He was trying to call a time out. The referees were just letting the clock run. Maybe it is against the rules, but that was as ticky tack a call as the roughing the passer call that got the falcons the first touchdown. Payton lost that game though by calling the pass that got intercepted. With that amount of time left and that close to the goal line you've gotta ruin the ball. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rajncajn said:

He was trying to call a time out. The referees were just letting the clock run. Maybe it is against the rules, but that was as ticky tack a call as the roughing the passer call that got the falcons the first touchdown. Payton lost that game though by calling the pass that got intercepted. With that amount of time left and that close to the goal line you've gotta ruin the ball. 

9 first downs by penalty....that’s how NO lost that game

Imagine starting Matt Ryan and Kamara tonight in a must win game...yeah, you're now living my sh*t existence.  At least Michael Thomas did well tonight when I needed it terribly. 

It's obvious how Kamara's become the backbone of this offense.  He makes Ingram a better runner while contributing equally as well on his own, and basically splits Thomas into two talented receivers, as was evidenced by his cascade of targets tonight.  If Kamara is out again next time Thomas will have another huge game. 

And wtf is up with Snead?  In a contract year that hamstring really couldn't have come at a worse time.  He has no leverage over or use in N.O anymore.

55 minutes ago, Shaft said:

I think Kamara and Ingram make each other better. They complement each other well and make the offense unpredictable. Makes me wonder why doesn't Atlanta use Freeman and Coleman in similar fashion.

Agree completely. I also think New Orleans takes that game if not for his injury. 

1 hour ago, Shaft said:

I think Kamara and Ingram make each other better. They complement each other well and make the offense unpredictable. Makes me wonder why doesn't Atlanta use Freeman and Coleman in similar fashion.

They seemed to do it last night and NO had almost no answer. That and the bunch formation. Makes me wonder how a OC doesn’t think “Man we just had a long drive and it really wore down the Defense. Let’s try that philosophy again”

44 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

Agree completely. I also think New Orleans takes that game if not for his injury. 

I also agree...however, as a neutral observer with no dog in the fight, I have to say that was some one-sided officiating.  Saints had no first downs by penalty...Falcons had NINE.

44 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

I also agree...however, as a neutral observer with no dog in the fight, I have to say that was some one-sided officiating.  Saints had no first downs by penalty...Falcons had NINE.