[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Where Do You Draw The Line?

mikepr

Today there's a lot of criticalness against the NFL including penalties being called.

Here's my thoughts.

When you make a tackle you just do it normally.

You don't go out of your way to try to hurt that player and if he gets hurt than he gets hurt. There's no way of getting around that, happens every year.

1 thing I don't like seeing are face masks being touched and running the risk of a helmet coming off. Think players who do that should be ejected from the game.

Any thoughts.

• Like 1

The problem has to be resolved at a young age with youth and high school coaches. I was told over and over again to “get your head in there”. We also had “rewards” for players who had the most stick marks and scrapes on their helmets. This was in HS and later encouraged in college. The fact is that not only do you risk head/neck injuries, it’s not good football. Square up your pads, stay balanced and drive with your legs and shoulders then wrap up with your arms. This needs to be taught now at every level and a very early age. BTW, when I played both sides of the ball I was told many times to “stick your head in there” as an RB. Bad coaching and not fundamentally correct. 

Edited by Monsterofthemidway
  • Like 3