[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

effing Browns

BeeR

Anyone else neutral on this team and yet still getting PO'd about how they piss away close game after close game?  I'd like to see them win just one game but they have a nose for losing.  They just now pissed away the lead vs GB with about 1' left and then in OT Kizer tosses an INT in their own turf to hand the game to GB.  Unreal

• Thanks 1

Last play of the game - instead of trying to tackle the receiver, Brown defender tries the ball strip move.  Result:  GB TD.  If I'm the coach he isn't playing again this year.  What a moron.

Like I said:  a nose for losing. 

3 minutes ago, BeeR said:

Last play of the game - instead of trying to tackle the receiver, Brown defender tries the ball strip move.  Result:  GB TD.  If I'm the coach he isn't playing again this year.  What a moron.

Like I said:  a nose for losing. 

Wasn't GB already in easy FG range? It seems like a good calculated risk. 

I'd still be optimistic if I were a Browns fan.  They have a lot of talent on both sides of the ball.  They have an extra first round pick, 2 extra second round picks, and extra 4th, 5th, 6th round picks.  It'll be interesting to see if they use the #1 pick, use the Texans' first round pick, or use a second round pick on a quarterback.  This draft is so deep at quarterback that they could still get a quality quarterback in the second round and sign a veteran quarterback to start winning now.

3 hours ago, LordOpie said:

you should probably start a new thread, but I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on those veteran QBs available. It's possible that Eli Manning, Cousins, AJ McCarron, garoppolo... and to a lesser possibility or demand Alex Smith, Case Keenum/Bridgewater/Bradford, Tony Romo, Jay Cutler, tyrod taylor, trevor siemian could all be available making it a very large and significant veteran qb fa group

Romo?   WTF?  He isn't returning to football. May as well say Aikman and Marino are FA QBs.

I find it amusing that other fans are bothered by the Browns losing, heck the Browns fans are barely bothered by it any more. it is part of the culture and has been before the 1-15 and 013 seaons, 4-5 wins was our normal, now I guess its lowered to 0-1

perfect losing seaseon parade = stupid

The GM change adds a little hope, but no Browns fan is that optimistic or thinking there is improvement until we see the results.

2 hours ago, LordOpie said:

sorry, I should've clarified that Romo might entertain joining a winning and decent organization. I didn't mean your Browns.

Romo is returning to coach football under any circumstances. JUST STOP.

The idea of the parade is stupid, that's just my opinion. Wouldn't know Henry Muto if I passed him on the street.

18 hours ago, LordOpie said:

you should probably start a new thread, but I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on those veteran QBs available. It's possible that Eli Manning, Cousins, AJ McCarron, garoppolo... and to a lesser possibility or demand Alex Smith, Case Keenum/Bridgewater/Bradford, Tony Romo, Jay Cutler, tyrod taylor, trevor siemian could all be available making it a very large and significant veteran qb fa group

It would be nice if they got a strong-armed quarterback since both Coleman and Gordon are great deep threats.  Hue promotes a deep passing game, too.  It's going to be interesting to see what they do.  And I don't think quarterbacks will be hesitant to sign with them.  Gordon, Coleman, and Njoku are enticing players for a quarterback and the Browns have enough money to pay whatever it'll take.

• Like 1

LordOpie,

The first line was missing a key word NOT, "Romo is NOT returning to coaching"

Yes that idea for a parade is real, I've stopped paying much attention to it so that they don't get anymore hits on stories or web sites that discuss it. Not sure what the fans think it will accomplish, probably the same losers I read posting on the stories in the paper daily saying that Haslam should be fired, or will be forced to sell the team soon since he is headed to jail soon (according to their delusions).

Of course these same people are also saying that Hue will be fired even though the owner said he stays and GM Dorsey took the job with that condition. I suppose it could happen, but in my view is a bad thing and will just make finding a good coach more difficult. Not being able to trust the word of your owner or GM is  not good, and Haslam has already fired people several times after saying they will stay. I think he even gave Sashi rown a vote of confidence and "he's our guy" bit a week or so before firing him.

Edited by stevegrab

7 minutes ago, jamesplante11 said:

Anyone else think the Browns should take a Packers approach and become a publicly funded non-profit? What harm could it do...and it would get Haslem out

AFAIK the NFL will not allow another team to be publicly owned.

In order to "get Haslam out" he has to want to sell, and I'm not seeing that. His business is not failing, he won't have to divest of the Browns if he goes to jail (unless his wife goes to, or the NFL steps in, he already has her as joint owner and involved in all meetings last couple of years, so he can just pass control to her).

56 minutes ago, michaelredd9 said:

A really long time ago I heard that the NFL said that they are proud of the Packers and their ownership situation but that under no circumstances will they allow another team to be publicly owned.

Interesting.  The Browns seem to get publicly owned every week!

• Haha 3

On 12/11/2017 at 2:25 PM, stevegrab said:

The GM change adds a little hope,

Because......

Near as I can tell he was the only one with a clue in the entire organization.  lol @ firing him and keeping Hue.  Winning - as well as losing - starts at the top.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BeeR said:

Because......

Near as I can tell he was the only one with a clue in the entire organization.  lol @ firing him and keeping Hue.  Winning - as well as losing - starts at the top.

You think Sashi Brown had a clue, the only one? You'd be hard pressed to find a Browns fan that agrees with you.

As for Hue I think he is in over his head, needs to bring in an OC, but he may be gone before next year either way.

Part of the Browns problem is Haslam wants complete control with GM, HC and other top front office people reporting to him, and he has no patience and has hired some people that weren't that good.

On 12/11/2017 at 11:19 AM, LordOpie said:

Alex Smith isn't a free agent.  Despite that, Smith is the most likely choice to me.  Dorsey approved, and he'd be a cheap trade.  Bridge QB to give Kizer another year to learn from and spend the picks on surrounding him with talent.  It's totally the wrong way to do it, so it's definitely what they will do.