[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Nick Foles week 15 fantasy stud?

michaelredd9

The only situation where Foles has really done poorly was playing for the Rams under Jeff Fisher.  It is hard to hold that against Foles.  He is now in an ideal situation playing on a well run team behind a dominant offensive line.  It is difficult for a quarterback to do poorly when well protected.  He plays the Giants this week who have given up the most points to opposing quarterbacks this season.  The Eagles could play it safe and just run the ball a lot and would win easily.  Or the Eagles could pass the ball a lot and they will still win easily.  They need to get Foles integrated into the offense in preparation for the playoffs.  He needs to gain chemistry with his receivers.  I think the Eagles will pass the ball a lot.

• Like 2

I'm wondering if I should use my #1 WW on him?

2 QB league and all I have is Taylor and Keenum left.

I have a bye this week though. I think I will use a WW just to guarantee him. I don't see myself needing another WW ROS

Will the benefit Foles brings over Taylor be worth dropping Palmer though?

Edited by Rbgb

1 hour ago, Rbgb said:

I'm wondering if I should use my #1 WW on him?

2 QB league and all I have is Taylor and Keenum left.

I have a bye this week though. I think I will use a WW just to guarantee him. I don't see myself needing another WW ROS

Will the benefit Foles brings over Taylor be worth dropping Palmer though?

Carson Palmer has a nice week 16 matchup against the Giants.  It sounds like he has a better than 50/50 chance of returning.  If the rules don't prohibit it, I wouldn't hesitate to use 4 roster spots on quarterbacks in a 2qb league.  All 4 of those quarterbacks are more likely to play for you than your bottom running back or wide receiver (I can't see who you have on your roster because I have people's sig lines turned off and I don't know how to turn them back on).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, michaelredd9 said:

Carson Palmer has a nice week 16 matchup against the Giants.  It sounds like he has a better than 50/50 chance of returning.  If the rules don't prohibit it, I wouldn't hesitate to use 4 roster spots on quarterbacks in a 2qb league.  All 4 of those quarterbacks are more likely to play for you than your bottom running back or wide receiver (I can't see who you have on your roster because I have people's sig lines turned off and I don't know how to turn them back on).

I can only roster 5 QBs

I have Keenum, Wentz, Luck, Taylor, Palmer

In order to scoop up Foles id need to drop one of them.

Wentz and Luck are for sure out of the equation

Well, it seems this year that QBs who used to play for Jeff Fisher are having excellent seasons. Still, you gotta have big stones to trot Foles out there with no real data at all to go on. That being said, the Eagles host Oakland on Monday night in Week 16, so if all goes fairly well this week, he might be an excellent start in fantasy championship games.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MTSuper7 said:

Well, it seems this year that QBs who used to play for Jeff Fisher are having excellent seasons. Still, you gotta have big stones to trot Foles out there with no real data at all to go on. That being said, the Eagles host Oakland on Monday night in Week 16, so if all goes fairly well this week, he might be an excellent start in fantasy championship games.

Normally, I would agree.  I am averse to risk.  But Foles will be playing for the number one scoring offense behind arguably the best offensive line in the NFL.  He will be facing the worst pass defense in the NFL.  He isn't a regular backup.  He has had success in the past.  The Eagles guaranteed him $7 million in a 2-year/$11,000,000 contract.  That is big money for a backup quarterback.  And Jeff Fisher.

2 hours ago, Rbgb said:

I can only roster 5 QBs

I have Keenum, Wentz, Luck, Taylor, Palmer

In order to scoop up Foles id need to drop one of them.

Wentz and Luck are for sure out of the equation

Your forecast is cloudy with a chance of meatballs.  I think you need Foles.  Both Carson and Tyrod are big question marks for week 16.  If you have both you'll be 50% to 75% sure to have one starter.  There is a very good chance you'll be getting a goose egg for your second quarterback.  Carson's situation will be clearer if he practices, but they'll likely be mathematically eliminated before week 16.  Are they really going to start him over Blaine Gabbert if they are eliminated from the playoff race?  I guess Carson could insist on playing and they may acquiesce to his wishes.

Edited by michaelredd9

2 hours ago, MTSuper7 said:

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

Normally, I would agree.  I am averse to risk.  But Foles will be playing for the number one scoring offense behind arguably the best offensive line in the NFL.  He will be facing the worst pass defense in the NFL.  He isn't a regular backup.  He has had success in the past.  The Eagles guaranteed him $7 million in a 2-year/$11,000,000 contract.  That is big money for a backup quarterback.  And Jeff Fisher.

Fair points, but to insinuate that Foles might be a fantasy stud makes me think you aren't giving Carson Wentz enough credit for being truly special / MVP level this season.

But who knows... maybe it is more the system than Wentz... Pederson has history with Foles and, as you said, they paid good money to land him as their backup. I guess if I was a Wentz owner, he's a better play than your typical waiver wire fodder in 12 team leagues (Tyrod, Brissett, Cutler, etc.). Whether or not he is a stud remains to be seen (hence your question mark).

1 hour ago, loaf said:

I'm starting Foles over Carr in at least one league

I'm in that same boat.  I have Carr and Cousins in 1 league.  Bortles and Foles are sitting out on the WW.  I'm half tempted to pick both up and ditch my current 2 QBs.  I'm not starting Carr this week and he has rough matchups in 16 and 17.  No point in really keeping him anymore.

I'm still debating Foles or Goff.  Right now I'm leaning towards Goff - he's got me this far...  Plus, I benched him back in Week 12 (vs. NO) to start Andy Dalton vs. Cleveland.  Goff scored 3 more than Dalton, which cost me a win and ultimately the #2 seed and a bye last week.  I squeaked out a 1.9-point win last week, so it ended up not costing me in the long run (other than a few more gray hairs during MNF), but I'm thinking that may have been a sign for me.

8 hours ago, BA Baracus said:

I think that's going too far. Ryan should light up the Bucs secondary.

sure he should, but Ryan has not been very reliable this year. and who knows how much they will throw if they acquire a decent lead.

pederson says he is going to stay aggressive but we'll see.

On 12/12/2017 at 10:34 AM, LordOpie said:

i'd comfortably drop taylor or palmer, but would lean toward palmer.

Agree. 

For what it's worth, I'm starting Foles over Goff in one BOTH league, and over Garoppolo in another.  I drafted Luck as my QB1 in both leagues.  :lol:

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Bier Meister said:

sure he should, but Ryan has not been very reliable this year. and who knows how much they will throw if they acquire a decent lead.

pederson says he is going to stay aggressive but we'll see.

very happy with his 22 pts at halftime