[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

DeAndre Hopkins misses Thursday practice

michaelredd9

DeAndre Hopkins (toe) absent on Thursday

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/370668/deandre-hopkins-(toe)-absent-on-thursday?ls=roto:HOU:topheadlines

DeAndre Hopkins (toe) didn't practice on Thursday.

Hopkins wasn't listed on Wednesday's practice report, so this must be a new injury. It's too early to get a gauge on Hopkins' status, but if he were to sit against the Jaguars, it would make a brutal matchup even worse for fill-in quarterback T.J. Yates. Nuk leads the NFL with 11 touchdowns this year and ranks second in both catches (88) and receiving yards (1,233) behind Antonio Brown. His absence would be a big loss for fantasy owners.
Dec 14 - 3:55 PM
  • Thanks 1

He's a plenty scary start this week anyway. I think he had toe issues in the past but did not miss games. There is no one else to bother covering for HOU and it doesn't get any worse than playing in JAC for a star WR.

Hopkins didn't practice on Friday either, but apparently Coach Bill O'Brien expects him to play. 

http://www.chron.com/sports/texans/article/Texans-Jadeveon-Clowney-DeAndre-Hopkins-not-12433725.php?utm_campaign=twitter-desktop&utm_source=CMS Sharing Button&utm_medium=social

If you've got Nuk, you pretty much have to start him, but this is about the worst case scenario you'll ever have with him.

• Thanks 1

Thought for sure I was going to play Hopkins but my other options are starting to look better. In my case it's Woods coming back into action.

Normally I live and die by ASYS and would never make the swap...probably will change my mind 10 or 12 times before Sunday. I can see this either way and wouldn't fault anybody who started Nuk. In this particular league my other WRs are bonkers good so I don't need to swing for the fences, just need to avoid a low floor. The potential for garbage time still has appeal though.

• Like 1

Hopkins now has 3 things working against him: 1)bad quarterback 2)Jalen Ramsey 3)toe.  He has shown that he can produce with any quarterback throwing to him and he has shown he might be matchup-proof against any defender.  It wouldn't surprise me if his toe issue is mostly false.  He might just want to appear the hero who plays through injury.  And if Jalen Ramsey does shut him down, he can blame the toe.

1 hour ago, stethant said:

In my case it's Woods coming back into action.

I'm torn whether to start Woods this week.  He was great before getting injured.  But receivers coming back from shoulder injuries seem to often be limited after they come back.  I hate making this type of decision in a fantasy playoff game.

9 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

I'm torn whether to start Woods this week.  He was great before getting injured.  But receivers coming back from shoulder injuries seem to often be limited after they come back.  I hate making this type of decision in a fantasy playoff game.

Couldn't agree more. If Hopkins had practiced both days he'd be my man no question.