LordOpie

andrew luck rumor/speculation

lol.  Talk about click bait. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, jamesplante11 said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2018-nfl-mock-draft-browns-pull-off-andrew-luck-trade-colts-own-three-top-five-picks/

A little Luck speculation and probably the worst mock draft I’ve seen so far....1, 4, 33, 35 😳

Wow that is really effed up  No fuggin way they could get that for Luck.

"Besides its mock draft season so lets dream" that is the only reason some of these guys do them, so they can fulfill their wet dreams.

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

Wow that is really effed up  No fuggin way they could get that for Luck.

"Besides its mock draft season so lets dream" that is the only reason some of these guys do them, so they can fulfill their wet dreams.

if Luck is traded, then he his healthy and pulling this injury issue to get out of IND. Which is a rumor I heard on the radio that started this thread, but then begs the question, what the heck is going on in IND?!

1 hour ago, LordOpie said:

if Luck is traded, then he his healthy and pulling this injury issue to get out of IND. Which is a rumor I heard on the radio that started this thread, but then begs the question, what the heck is going on in IND?!

Ryan Grigson really f'd this franchise

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, LordOpie said:

If my aunt had a unit.... 

I'll never understand why fans so easily accept these numerous rumors. Nonsene that Luck is pulling something with his injury to get traded :rolleyes:

• Confused 1

22 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

If my aunt had a unit.... 

I'll never understand why fans so easily accept these numerous rumors. Nonsene that Luck is pulling something with his injury to get traded :rolleyes:

besides the fact that it's the off-season and we need to entertain you by giving you something to bitch about.

i heard it on the radio from a respected sports talk guy and his partner who won two superbowls as the starter. They could be wrong. They could've misheard. But they definitely don't make stuff up.

I've always kind of thought that is exactly what sport talk guys on the radio do...talk about news, rumors, and speculations pertaining to their market.  Mix in some sound bits, take some calls from generally uninformed people, throw in some hypotheticals here and there and viola...you got yourself a sports talk show. 

3 hours ago, Def. said:

I've always kind of thought that is exactly what sport talk guys on the radio do...talk about news, rumors, and speculations pertaining to their market.  Mix in some sound bits, take some calls from generally uninformed people, throw in some hypotheticals here and there and viola...you got yourself a sports talk show. 

No that’s only WEEI, the New England sports network

7 hours ago, Def. said:

good shows throw in actual info and discuss content outside the market too. i'm sorry your local sports talk sucks

• Haha 1

I'm actually in one of the best local markets for sports talk.  :shrug:  If you want to believe they're journalist then by all means have at it.  I'm sure they're willing to cite the source and provide the evidence of what they say...they never provide hot takes or anything like that, just the facts right?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Def. said:

I'm actually in one of the best local markets for sports talk.  :shrug:  If you want to believe they're journalist then by all means have at it.  I'm sure they're willing to cite the source and provide the evidence of what they say...they never provide hot takes or anything like that, just the facts right?

lol, i like how you so want to disagree that you throw out comments claiming I made them. Where did I say "journalists"?

how about this, you make an attempt to read what I wrote and comment on that?

i know, too much to ask

1 hour ago, LordOpie said:

lol, i like how you so want to disagree that you throw out comments claiming I made them. Where did I say "journalists"?

how about this, you make an attempt to read what I wrote and comment on that?

i know, too much to ask

Hey man, think what you want to think in regards to Luck.  All I was trying to point out is that if...

23 hours ago, LordOpie said:

a respected sports talk guy and his partner who won two superbowls

aren't...

12 hours ago, Def. said:

willing to cite the source and provide the evidence of what they say...

then it falls in the categories of...

23 hours ago, Def. said:

rumors, and speculations...hypotheticals

which are open to a fair amount of criticism (and rightfully so IMO depending on the plausibility of the rumor). 

Do I think there's truth to it?  Hell if I know.  Maybe there's some truth there, but regardless I'm not going to get upset if someone does or doesn't believe in this rumor/hypothetical.  I'm not sure what makes you so incensed by those that put very little stock in this.  :shrug:

• Confused 1

i'm confused, do journalists cite their sources who wish to remain anonymous?

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, LordOpie said:

i'm confused, do journalists cite their sources who wish to remain anonymous?

well-were-waiting1.jpg.7897d98bec5ae77eeb63bffac94fa3ed.jpg

394.jpg

Edited by LordOpie

Wow enlightening and stimulating conversation as usual, I'm sorry I wasn't here to read it sooner.....

2 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Wow enlightening and stimulating conversation as usual, I'm sorry I wasn't here to read it sooner.....

maybe if some people could focus on the topic, the off-season here would be more fun?

some people here are like my ex-wife. Complain, complain, complain. Y'all want off-season talk, but attempt to shut it down as quick is it pops up. Yeah, that guy Tom-whatever was annoying, but he helped make last season more entertaining because he brought football talk to the forum.

On 3/5/2018 at 10:17 AM, stevegrab said:

4694891C-6C3F-458A-B3DD-A8A934EA1F41.jpeg

ok, now we know...

The Indianapolis Colts traded the No. 3 overall pick in the 2018 NFL Draft to the New York Jets Saturday, March 17, in exchange for a 2018 first-round draft choice, two 2018 second-round draft choices and a 2019 second-round draft choice.

the outlook remains clear as mud. They didn't draft a QB, Luck is still not throwing -- how can that not be a of extreme concern to his career? IND claims to have had trade offers "at last year's trade deadline"? Why is this news today?

Colts GM Chris Ballard said he's turned down multiple trade offers for Andrew Luck (shoulder).

Ballard said he received calls on Luck at last year's trade deadline, though he declined to name which teams were interested. Obviously it's a moot point as Luck, surgically-repaired shoulder and all, isn't going anywhere. "We’re not trading Andrew Luck," said Ballard. "I’m not putting that on my résumé." Luck has yet to resume throwing an actual football, though he seems to be making progress. Ballard remains adamant that Luck will be ready for Week 1.

Source: colts.com
Apr 29 - 12:01 PM

Indy is trying to rival Cleveland for the most poorly run team in the NFL. Elite QB injuries have sunk recent seasons (PManning and Luck last year) for the Colts - looks like they're going for the trifecta. I don't understand what they're doing at all.

Luck is still not throwing? Really?

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, stethant said:

15 months!

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, stethant said:

Indy is trying to rival Cleveland for the most poorly run team in the NFL. Elite QB injuries have sunk recent seasons (PManning and Luck last year) for the Colts - looks like they're going for the trifecta. I don't understand what they're doing at all.

Finally someone else gets it.   It's a shame; Irsay was a great owner in years gone by...I guess the pills have eroded his brain.  Of course 2 crappy GMs in a row since we lost Polian doesn't help.  Grigson basically dismantled this team to the point where almost all we had was Luck, and Ballard is more or less continuing that trend. His FA work has been almost as bad as Grigson's, in some ways even worse; Grigson made some bad moves, but at least he made some.  This year we had a ton of cap room and a ton of needs yet were very quiet in the FA market.  Smooth.  And Ballard sounds so proud of "not overspending."  What is he saving that money for, another yacht for Irsay?  Then the draft and some dicey moves after taking Nelson, including almost totally ignoring the DL despite some worthy talent available, and which is already not just poor or thin but utterly non-existent and again looks again to be one of the worst in the NFL, maybe even worse than last year.  I'm not sure they even have 4 guys to line up there, let alone 4 decent ones. 

Cheer up Browns.  You have far more potential for greatness right now then us.

Edited by BeeR

Posted (edited)

Indy will never be forthright about Luck's health since tickets would be a hard sell for a Luckless Colts.  We'll have to wait until August to see what condition his condition is in.

Edited by michaelredd9