55 minutes ago, tazinib1 said:

I traded for Luck in 2 leagues. 

that explains it.

3 hours ago, LordOpie said:

that explains it.

Yep. You might learn something. 

6 minutes ago, tazinib1 said:

Yep. You might learn something. 

yes, players you like get hurt. I avoid the ones you champion. I'm not trying to be mean, i've just noticed a pattern :D

2 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

yes, players you like get hurt. I avoid the ones you champion. I'm not trying to be mean, i've just noticed a pattern :D

Fair enough but I'll be right at least once.........

• Like 1

Still hasn't thrown anything better than a nerf ball.  I think he's done unless compelling evidence to the contrary pops up. This is ridiculous.  Hindsight of course but maybe Colts shoulda nabbed Rosen or whoever.

• Like 1

So glad I dumped the NeckBeard.  Do NOT wanna deal with the maybes.  

It wouldn't surprise me if his career is done.  But I would still take a chance on him in dynasty if I could buy low.  He is 28.  If he does return to form, he could be an elite quarterback for the next 10 years.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, michaelredd9 said:

It wouldn't surprise me if his career is done.  But I would still take a chance on him in dynasty if I could buy low.  He is 28.  If he does return to form, he could be an elite quarterback for the next 10 years.

I fully believe he comes back this year. However, I don't think we see the Luck of old. I think that guy returns NEXT year. 

• Like 1

Here is a good article about quarterbacks coming back from shoulder surgery.  It isn't very optimistic.  It is from 2005.  So hopefully Luck will benefit a bit from medical advances.

QBs not the same after injury, surgery

Len Pasquarelli         Oct 1, 2005

http://www.espn.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2176813

Edited by michaelredd9
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

but who is selling? I think the buyers want to buy so low that the sellers figure, "why bother, I'll hold".

• Like 2

10 hours ago, BeeR said:

Hindsight of course but maybe Colts shoulda nabbed Rosen or whoever.

this ^

however, they had plenty of foresight.

5 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

but who is selling? I think the buyers want to buy so low that the sellers figure, "why bother, I'll hold".

True.  If they've held him this long, they're probably going to keep holding.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, michaelredd9 said:

True.  If they've held him this long, they're probably going to keep holding.

actually, I might be wrong. Luck was a restricted free agent in one league. Bidding got up to $45 ($50 annual budget, so 90% of annual allotment). The RFA owner matched the bid!

11 hours ago, LordOpie said:

this ^

however, they had plenty of foresight.

I guess.  Wishful thinking maybe, they grab the stud OL and pray he isn't done.  And given the choice of Allen or Rosen, it'd almost have to be Allen...I think Rosen (and Luck maybe) would have been in a major snit if they drafted him. 

1 hour ago, BeeR said:

I guess.  Wishful thinking maybe, they grab the stud OL and pray he isn't done.  And given the choice of Allen or Rosen, it'd almost have to be Allen...I think Rosen (and Luck maybe) would have been in a major snit if they drafted him. 

yup

i guess the other possibility is that they actual like Brissett? rookies are such a crap shoot. Out of the last 30 rookie QBs drafted in the first five picks, only three have won a superbowl. About half never approached franchise status. So if Brissett is playing well, why risk it?